• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE online gaffers

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Used to read the occasional crazy ass stories on some of the in-game shenanigans that went on in this game years ago, like multi year internal sabotage or huge fleet wars and I'd get really into it and think this shit sounds incredible, so I'd download the game ready to check out this insane player driven universe aaaaannd.... Fuck me could never get past the tutorial it's like the the greatest game I've heard about but I'm just too fucking stupid to play

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I played EVE for years and got absolutely nowhere. Unfortunately, it is a game that 100% cannot be played casually, calmly, or by half in any way whatsoever. And, the entire game is now colonised with well-organised, wildly autistic, poopsocking megacorps. They've also decided that catering to Something Awful is a better idea than making their game fun to play, which is a huge shame, because there's so much about it that is unique and brilliant.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Used to read the occasional crazy ass stories on some of the in-game shenanigans that went on in this game years ago, like multi year internal sabotage or huge fleet wars and I'd get really into it and think this shit sounds incredible, so I'd download the game ready to check out this insane player driven universe aaaaannd.... Fuck me could never get past the tutorial it's like the the greatest game I've heard about but I'm just too fucking stupid to play

Yeah the new player experience is rough. They have a full tutorial now, and something called The Agency that will show you opportunities.

If you’re still curious, give it a go and you can ask me whatever if you’re in doubt.

Love the game I played in 2017 and started as a noob. I joined a nullsex corp Test Please Ignore then mined and did industry till I got a few alts so I could mine better, then I got my first big mining ship the Orca and later on my first capital ship a Rorqual the mining capital. Eventually I had 3 rorqs which let me afford a super carrier, I was half way to my titan(was gonna get an Avatar cause it looks ballin) but had to stop playing due to RL. Will resume one day, most fun I had was hanging out with my guildies defending our territory and providing for each other in the no man's land that is null sec.

If u ever want to play and learn the game join a null sec alliance like Test or Brave newbies and you'll have all the resources to thrive in the world of eve.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Love the game I played in 2017 and started as a noob. I joined a nullsex corp Test Please Ignore then mined and did industry till I got a few alts so I could mine better, then I got my first big mining ship the Orca and later on my first capital ship a Rorqual the mining capital. Eventually I had 3 rorqs which let me afford a super carrier, I was half way to my titan(was gonna get an Avatar cause it looks ballin) but had to stop playing due to RL. Will resume one day, most fun I had was hanging out with my guildies defending our territory and providing for each other in the no man's land that is null sec.

If u ever want to play and learn the game join a null sec alliance like Test or Brave newbies and you'll have all the resources to thrive in the world of eve.

Solidarity in a cutthroat environment is a very valuable asset.

Top Bottom