• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever buy a game an absurd amount of times?

Personally I haven't, but one of my friends has. Half-Life 2. One each for the different covers at launch(3, I think). Then the collector's edition one with the book and everything. Then finally, I think the Xbox version. Don't think he got anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got another copy or two along the line.

LakeEarth

I've boughten Street Fighter II about five times now. Two versions for the SNES, one which came with Capcom Classics, the one that came with SF:AC, and the one for XBLA. All worth it.

Gattsu25

Banned
Based on GAF recommendations, I bought GunValkyrie at launch for full price

That was the very first of the many times GAF recommendations would rob me of my money

I sold the game for ~15 dollars several months later

I then figured, you know what...maybe I didn't give the game a proper chance the first time (PGR and to a lessar extent HALO were completely dominating my playtime) and repurchased the game, this time for ~$10 from EB...I think I kept the game for a whole two weeks and forced myself to play it exclusively...finally, I stopped raping my time and sold the game to a person at my school for $20 (ha) vowing never to play that piece of shit again

Sometime early last year, I saw the game at a garage sale for $2 and bought it just for collection's sake, I ended up selling it to Blockbuster for around $7 shortly after during one of their trade in sales and have never purchased it since

close contenders would be:

RE1 (OG)
RE1 (Dual Shock Version)
REbirth

Sonic Series On Genny
Sonic Megacollection

JSRF at launch
JSRF early last year (disc read problems)

MGS2
MGS2 XB
MGS2:S

DW2
DW3
DW4

CoryCubed

Probably the Sonics, despite having the originals plus collections in my closet (Jam, Mega Collection). Sadly I'll probably end up buying Sonic 1 twice this winter with the GBA version and Virtual Console.

Top Bottom