• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever buy a game an absurd amount of times?

Versions of SF2 that I have:
- SF2 - SNES (had)
- SF2' Turbo - SNES (had)
- SF2' Turbo - Super Famicom Import (found it used at a shop in LA's Little Tokyo earlier this year)
- SF2' CE - CPS1 arcade board
- SF2' HF - CPS1 arcade board
- Street Fighter Collection - Saturn Import
- Street Fighter Collection 2 - PS
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - PS2
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - XBox
- Capcom Classics Collection - PS2
- SF2' HF - XBox360

Other SF Games (not included in titles above):
- SF Alpha - PS
- SF Zero 2 - PS Import
- SF Zero 3 - PS Import
- SF3 Double Impact - DC
- SF3 3rd Strike - DC Import
- SF Alpha 3 - GBA
- SF Alpha Anthology - PS2
- Puzzle Fighter - PS
- Puzzle Fighter - GBA
- Pocket Fighter - Saturn

I'd also include the VS. games but I think that's stretching it =P

I really should pick this up to put into the collection (especially since I never had a Genesis):
B00066LG5Q.02._PE20_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Kudos/props to those that have the following:
- SF2 CE - PC Engine (especially when using it with a Turbo Express and a converter for the ultimate, hardcore SF2 portable back in 1993...way before Sega Nomad came out =)
- Super SF2 Turbo - 3DO

ourumov

DCharlie said:
CPS2 + A-board in Aki = CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

DO IT !
It's cheaper to hook my CAPCOM SNES arcade stick (the one they did for SFII Turbo) to my laptop and then output the laptop to my TV :p
Last time I moved I was amazed at the shitload of gaming things I own...

Anyways...If some day I can find a CPS3 board...I might go for it jejeje

Giard

- Lemmings for Genesis
- Lemmings for Game Gear

- Tony Hawk 2 for PSX
- Tony Hawk 2X for Xbox

- Shaq Fu for Genesis (I sold it about a week after buying it)
- Shaq Fu for Game Gear (I still have that one :lol)

My brother, his, and I have bought many copies of Mario Duck Hunt in an effort to make the most common game ever produced a rarity, we stand at 50 or so, we have a ways to go, but I feel we will suceed.

Tarazet

I have many versions of Lemmings, both good and bad. The GB ones are the worst, PSX is the best aside from the original because of mouse support.

jedimike

I bought at least four copies, maybe five. 3 of them went to my friends so we could play CS online. To this day, I still feel like I owe Valve more money for the sheer amount of entertainment I got out of that game.

230px-Half-life-cover.jpg

Hooker

Different versions on different systems don't count!! those are different games.

Mine has to be Diablo II. Bought and sold it at least 5 times. Each time I vowed to never touch it again, only to purchase it couple of week after that. Weird thing is, is that when I finally bought the LoD expansion set, I never played it again. I got to install it, but that's basically it...

HL is second. Bought HL wen it came out, HL-GOTY edition, HL platinum, with CS and OF, And when I bought HL2, I got the silver edition which included Valve's entire back-catalogue, so that's the fourth time

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I think Ive owned about 30 versions of Street Fighter across half a dozen systems. I also have a Hyper Fighting and a Super Turbo arcade cabnit in my basement. :D

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I bought five copies of Barbie Horse Adventures.

White Man

Since it's release, I've purchased at least 6 copies of Diablo 2, and I need to rebuy it again. That game, for whatever reason, hypnotizes me into losing or scratching discs.

Tarazet

RevenantKioku said:
I bought five copies of Barbie Horse Adventures.

Oh yeah, I've bought Nocturne about 20 times
including one on Amazon for $38 shipped, earlier tonight

Now Doom 64 doesnt count, because its a 'new game'

New in the sense that it has new levels as well as features and monsters, therefore, its not a port of the first Doom.

But yeah, I'll add to the mix

Sonic 1 (Genesis * 2, GCN, Saturn)
Sonic 2 (Genesis, GCN, Saturn, PC)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis, GCN, Saturn, PC)
Sonic R (Saturn, PC, GCN)
*Skips the Sonic games

South Park Rally (PC, PSX, Dreamcast)
Doom (PC, GBA, PSX, Xbox)
Doom II (PC, GBA, PSX, Xbox)
Puyo Pop Fever (GCN, NDS)

I cant remember what else at the moment...

Faizal

Banned
I thought this thread meant buying the exact same game over and over again....

Well I bought Starcraft:Brood Wars about 4 times. Yes the exact same game. I still only have 1 copy of it though. What happens is that each time I would brake the CD in half or throw it in the trash, to make myself stop playing it since it became too addicting. But each time after a few months I gave in to my cravings and bought another copy. :lol

Tarazet

Faizal said:
I thought this thread meant buying the exact same game over and over again....

Well I bought Starcraft:Brood Wars about 4 times. Yes the exact same game. I still only have 1 copy of it though. What happens is that each time I would brake the CD in half or throw it in the trash, to make myself stop playing it since it became too addicting. But each time after a few months I gave in to my cravings and bought another copy. :lol

Now that's when you know you've made a good game.

Grayman

GT1 and 5 dollars traded for GT2
GT2 traded back for GT1
GT2 bought in a store

FF7, rented a billion times
got for bday
let friend borrow
borrowed someone elses pc version and the friend who borrowed my psx one borrowed that too
he works lots so I ebayed a greatest hits copy instead of waiting to get one of those 2 back

SF2 champ edition gen
SSF2 gen
SSF2 gba

X26

Banned
I bought Star Ocean 3 twice, which was really stupid since I consider it one of the worst games ever made

other than that, nope, have always just bought one copy/version of a game

Alts

I have 4 different copies of Ocarina of Time as well.

For multiple copies of the same exact game, it would be FFX. My first copy was eaten by my launch PS2 as it died, so I bought a second one. And then the third was given to my brother, who didn't want it.

demi

I'd bicker too if someone stole my DS Registration Code! I can't believe people steal those things.

Final Fantasy IV (Super Famicom)
Final Fantasy IV Easytype (Super Famicom)
Final Fantasy II (Super NES)
Final Fantasy IV (PlayStation)
Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy Collection)
Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy Chronicles)
Final Fantasy IV (Wonderswan Color)
Final Fantasy IV (Game Boy Advance)

Grayman

I remember some more now

X-men Legends on PSP and PS2

GTA3 and liberty city stories(psp), seriously these games are too similar to count as different ones.

Red Scarlet

Kobun Heat said:
Final Fantasy IV (Super Famicom)
Final Fantasy IV Easytype (Super Famicom)
Final Fantasy II (Super NES)
Final Fantasy IV (PlayStation)
Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy Collection)
Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy Chronicles)
Final Fantasy IV (Wonderswan Color)
Final Fantasy IV (Game Boy Advance)

Swap FF Collection with JGBA, and that's me.

FF1 comes in second with 7 in my possession.

The only game I've bought multiple times is Warcraft II. I bought the original version, the Battle.net version, and also the Playstation version.

I'm a lightweight, apparently. :p I think all I have is:

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid Integral (Jpn. PS1)
Metal Gear Solid Integral (PC)
MGS: The Twin Snakes (GC - not sure if this counts, but then I see all the FFIV above...)

PSO (DC)
PSO v.2 (DC)
PSO Ep. I & II (GC)

Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Biohazard 2 (Jpn. PS1)
Resident Evil 2 Platinum (PC)

Sonic Adventure 2 in 10th Anniv. Box (Jpn. DC)
Sonic Adventure 2 (DC)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GC)

I have purchased multiple copies of games to give to friends, though.

La Pucelle Tactics x 4
Killer7 x 3
Jet Set Radio Future x 3
Genji x 3
Culdcept x 3
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) x 3
...and loads of others x2 (Fatal Frame 2, Zone of the Enders 2, Sonic Jam, Fire Emblem, Batman: RoSZ, Unlimited Saga, Viewtiful Joe, and so on).

dock

I just bought my third copy of SSX3. ^^;;

I bought it on the xbox. Then when I got my 360 I couldn't find my copy, and I wanted to play it again with the backwards compatibility, so I decided to buy another copy. Then I found out that the b/c for SSX3 is complete garbage (with weird vertical borders squashing the screen).

So I just bought it for my US Gamecube for 480p widescreen.

Of course I've also bought SFA3 and Sonic a bunch of times, but I don't really count it when you get it as part of a collection. Oh, and NiGHTS into Dreams about four times (to get the Japanese + UK ones, etc). There are quite a few games where I have two copies, but seldom more than that.

Nothing all too extreme, but I have three copies of Psychonauts (two Xbox, one PC), three of Beyond Good & Evil, two of Space Quest I. I also have at least two StarCrafts. I've bought Brood War approximately a billion times, but I keep losing them so I only actually have one.

There are definitely other examples, particularly old LucasArts adventures, but I don't recall which off the top of my head.

Wow, you guys are hardcore.

The best I've done is:
Max Payne for PS2 and then PC
Gta3 for PS2 and then PC
GTA: Vice City for PS2 and then PC
GTA: San Andreas for PS2 and then PC

I orginal Unreal,

I bought it 5 times due to losses, damage and theft I can't find the last copy I bought so it looks like I'll be buying it again.

Street Fighter 2 is also up there which is no surprise, after the XBL version I'm upto about 6.

Ive traded kirby's canvas curse in about four or five times for monetary and aesthetic reasons. i wont let it go again.

Unresponsive Bee Victim said:
My brother, his, and I have bought many copies of Mario Duck Hunt in an effort to make the most common game ever produced a rarity, we stand at 50 or so, we have a ways to go, but I feel we will suceed.
If what you're saying is true then i think we have a winner :D

dogbowl

Hit up Ebay and you could be the winner here in no time

0b_3.JPG

but I do remember a web site put up long ago by a collector in Japan. He had picked some random Famicom game (a Baseball one that was cheap I think) and tried to purchase as many copies as possible.
He had pictures of him taking baths with the carts, building castles, and so on. Can't find the link now though....

lets see...

Resident Evil
Playstation
PC
Cube
DS

Resident Evil 2
Playstation
PC
N64
Cube

(and i'd buy it again for the DS if they port it!)

you don't want to know how many times i've bought each of the evil dead movies. you REALLY REALLY DON'T.

Top Bottom