• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever dealt with a GF who was obsessed with being pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like that's what's going on. Been with this girl on and off since my sophomore year in high school (I'm currently 22) and we're pretty tight. Lately though it seems like she's obsessed with being pregnant telling me if I told her to stop taking BC then she would, bringing it up in conversations (even in ones that are not directly related), and always bringing up how she loves kids and treats her friends kids as if she had her own.

It's safe to say that she wants kids and I wouldn't mind one with her(she's a great person) but it's not a priority for me and even though I told her that, she continued to push it. Now after a sex marathon this past weekend, not even a day or two afterwards she said she was having pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and headaches (even though she was on BC the entire time we had sex). I didn't think it could happen that soon, so I'm of wondering if it's just in her head but I don't know.

What do you guys think?

Do you want to marry her and have kids or do you wanna have a baby mommy? If you don't want either you need to bail the f out and run for the hills.

bjork

I think you're talking more about her like someone you play Halo with and not someone you want an entire lifetime of commitment to.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Oh god, you better hope she's actually on it, and not taking placebos or something. Run away.

She's gonna start lying saying she's on it when she's not and get pregnant.

Run OP.

My ex would always get scares where she thought little things were just pregnancy symptoms, it never was. She was just paranoid.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Nope I make it clear before sex that I view an unwanted pregnancy that won't be aborted the same way I view an attacker putting a pistol to my head.

I don't fuck around with that craziness.

Run asap, she probably is skipping pills and shit.

Acorn

Yes. She even stopped taking the pill without telling me, eventually she told me it was because the risk of pregnancy turned her on.

Very interesting time in my life...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah it was part of the reason she left me. I made it clear if I was to have kids it would be when I could afford to do so financially and after I had enough life experience to be ready to raise a child, which I didn't have in my early 20's barely out of college. But she just wanted to pop out babies immediately to find something to help fill a void in her life left by an abusive father and neglectful mother. So she found some other dude behind my back and got knocked up right after she left me. Shitty at the time but man now I feel lucky to have dodged that bullet.

FryHole

She's either pregnant from a previous session or she's got the flu. My money's on the latter.

Also the line "I wouldn't mind one with her(she's a great person) but it's not a priority for me" makes a baby sound like a pet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know I was confused going the fuck is BC?, then it dawned on me, fucking Birth Control

Yeah if you don't want to pay child support for the next 18 years good sir, better hope she not preggers, cause she about to go into lock-down mode

Next thing you know, you will be visiting Jared*...

For those that don't know Jared = Jewelery Store, they run commercials of "He went to Jared's"

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah. My ex was like that. Mainly towards the end. Sometimes I have a feeling she just wanted one to give us a reason to stay together.

Granted she was the one taking the pill everyday and the one who would have had complete control over whether we had one or not. So I guess I'm glad she restrained herself.

Yeah it was part of the reason she left me. I made it clear if I was to have kids it would be when I could afford to do so financially and after I had enough life experience to be ready to raise a child, which I didn't have in my early 20's barely out of college. But she just wanted to pop out babies immediately to find something to help fill a void in her life left by an abusive father and neglectful mother. So she found some other dude behind my back and got knocked up right after she left me. Shitty at the time but man now I feel lucky to have dodged that bullet.

Had literally the exact same thing happen to me.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Not a girlfriend but more of a friend with benefits who would go "you don't have to wear condoms you know", I've bailed the fuck out and a few month after another guy got fooled into having a child with her. BULLET = DODGED.
I can't say I've had this problem.
We know Computer, you told us time and time again that you aren't getting any. And I hope it changes at some point in the future for you.

Also the line "I wouldn't mind one with her(she's a great person) but it's not a priority for me" makes a baby sound like a pet.

Oh no not putting it like that. I meant she'd be a great mother and would be a good due her personality (can be selfless at times, loves kids, and loves pretty hard) which I think could translate pretty well.

Didn't get that far, but I had a GF who kept hinting that I should get her a ring for Christmas one year and went so far as to buy me a nice bass in the hope of some reciprocity. When I made it clear that it wasn't going to happen (she was 18, I was 22) she left me, got engaged to another guy within six months, then asked for the bass back so she could give it to her new man. It's been 14 years, and she's married to someone else, and I still have the bass.

3cry2_by_rainrivermusic-d6kp3ik.gif

My cousin has got some sort of temporary separation with his wife going on now. The source of the separation was apparently that she was pushing for more children, and he refused. They already have three children together.

Hari Seldon

You better take control of the birth control situation. Wrap that shit up 100% of the time no matter what the girl says about birth control.

Tokubetsu

My cousin has got some sort of temporary separation with his wife going on now. The source of the separation was apparently that she was pushing for more children, and he refused. They already have three children together.

Man I can't even imagine having more than three kids. Even three feels a bit too much.

Ravek

Banned
The ONLY good thing about a pregnant chick is that they are alwways horny...the mood swings are crazy though.

Really OP, its time to have a hard look at your life and where you're at in it. How will her getting pregnant affect it and are you ready for it?

As someone who has two kids, I can honestly say their mother and I weren't prepared in the slightest. However, both our children are healthy and spoiled now. So idk.

happypup

She is dropping hints that she wants you to ask her to marry her. If you did she would say yes. Obviously she wants kids the message is she wants kids with you. If you want to marry her and eventually have kids then buy the ring. If you aren't sure then just realize the pressure on the relationship will only increase the more time you take to make up your mind.

Anyways that is my conclusion based on very little data and a whole lot of assumptions.

shira

mayb just a phase - talk tuhr about it and how you think a marriage/job setup might be more stable and better for the kid
IE a baby costs $100k first few years, $500-1000k till college

Fortunately I've never been in your situation.
How about you talk things through with her, discuss whether or not the two of you are ready to even have children considering your age and financial situation.

Blades64

Banned
Having a child is a serious deal. They completely change everything once their born. I guess it could work outside of marriage, but I would only recommend it in that context.

Run away OP...

mayb just a phase - talk tuhr about it and how you think a marriage/job setup might be more stable and better for the kid

I was thinking it's just a phase as well. We have been dating since I was 16 years old (I was her first) and we've been friends longer than that. It's hard to just say "fuck her" because I really do love her. She's my best friend.

However, we've discussed more than once that a baby probably wouldn't be financially what is best and she even mentioned that she would rather be married first but it feels like she's still pushing it since we've been together for so long.

NomadFH

Neo Member
My wife, back when she was just a girlfriend, had a pregnancy scare every month. We were the most sexually irresponsible couple who ever lived at that point. We had a pregnancy scare every month and it always turned out to be something else. Almost everything having to do with a vagina has similar symptoms. Ovulation, about to come on her period, etc. I remember one month we thought she was pregnant because she was "late" that month, but it was because of some birth control she took months ago and her cycle hasn't been regulated yet. Oddly enough, as soon as we got married and I got back from training, she got pregnant the very first time we had sex after going months without any physical contact at all.

EDIT and I was 22 when my son was born.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Dafuuuuuuqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq r u talkin bout m8

FryHole

Oh no not putting it like that. I meant she'd be a great mother and would be a good due her personality (can be selfless at times, loves kids, and loves pretty hard) which I think could translate pretty well.

Yeah I'm just jesting with you, mate, the way it was written sounded like she wanted a Wii U and while you had your eye on a PS4 you wouldn't be averse to the odd blast on Mario.

I was thinking it's just a phase as well. We have been dating since I was 16 years old (I was her first) and we've been friends longer than that. It's hard to just say "fuck her" because I really do love her. She's my best friend.

However, we've discussed more than once that a baby probably wouldn't be financially what is best and she even mentioned that she would rather be married first but it feels like she's still pushing it since we've been together for so long.
Go to a sperm bank, get a vasectomy and don't tell her. Finish in her all the time then blame her saying something must be wrong.

Get it reversed later on.

The sperm bank is for if the reversal is a failure years down the line.

That was my GF, but luckily as much as she obsessed she favors stability. Now shes my wife, and we're getting to the point to where we can have kids.

Not telling you to run, but if shes not smart about it, somewhat a little off about it, i'd run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom