• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever lock yourself out of your own house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Haha. i just did. I went to put some clothes in the dryer, and for some reaseon i turned the little secondary knob as i shut it behind me. lucky my bathroom window was open and i climbed through. Hope the neighbors didnt see me :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Only my car,never done the house thing.

Yeah, happened not too long ago. My dad accidentally took my set of keys, but I was actually locked inside the house. Our doors don't have those safety latches on the inside; they're keyed on both sides. So I had to crawl out the window with my spare set of car keys, drive thru some place and get lunch, them come back home and crawl through the window again.

LakeEarth

The screen door in the back, if you slap it hard enough, will lock by itself. If that happens, you usually have to completely remove the fricken screen to get inside.

MoxManiac

No, but i've locked myself out of my car before.

While it was running.

Yes, while it was running.

Luckily I had a spare stashed away.

ive locked myself out of my car twice in this damned state, both times outside the same wendys in the same spot.

I have a bad habit of tossing my keys on the passenger side. I always realize it before its too late.

MIMIC

Banned
I locked myself out of my house last year....while barefoot...while barefoot and bleeding after I scraped my foot on the driveway.

After about an hour, I was temped to take the latter and put it up to my parent's upstairs bathroom window.

Fortunately, they arrived just in time before I did something really dumb. :)

Desperado

hah, my parents did that once...my dad had to bust in the back door. 7 years later, it still looks like shit.

Now that I think about it, anyone that wasnt too much of a wimp could break in our house! yay...

Mashing

A number of times... I've had to climb through the batroom window once... that sucked

Edit: Correction, climbing the the bathroom window is like winning the lottery compared to what Vicious had to go thru to get inside... good god man.

IJoel

Summer time...

Rental house at college...

Closing in the windows and doors right as a tropical storm was starting (either that or I was checking some noise,) I go to the section of the house that's fenced, but on the outside and suddenly: SLAM! A wind gust slammed close the door and I was trapped outside. What was worse was that I was trapped as it was a fenced section and I couldn't get out and the tropical storm was starting. An hour or so later a neighbor managed to go outside and I could ask her for a hammer which I used to break the lock and get inside.

sad thing is i've done this way to often. last week for one.

Left the house kinda freaked that i was being watch so i locked the doors but i didn't grab my keys. came home, ended up having to climb through a basement window.

but the best times gotta be last December. had my kyes, lost them in the snow somewhere, and had to climb through a snow bank or three to find a window that wasn't frozen shut. took me only bout 3 hours knee deep in snow..

tenchir

Back when I was in elementary school I forgot to bring my keys with me one day. I got home and realized I was screwed since nobody else would be home for about 6 hours. I made a couple laps around the house, checking windows and any other possible way to get into the damn house before I figured out what I had to do.

I set down my bag and started to climb the giant grapefruit tree near our shed, getting bit by a dozen ants in the process. I get on the roof of the shed which gives me easier access to the top of our house. I jump from the shed to the house and manage to cut my arm on the rain gutter. Then, I climbed up the side of the house and onto the roof, walked very carefully to the other side of the house to where the attic vents were located, and spent 10 minutes prying one of them open and cutting my finger. Then I crawl through a pitch black attic that is 120 degrees before I finally make it inside the house.

VICTORY.

Solid Snake would have been proud of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom