• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Amiibo in Wave 4 Received Only 1 Month Manufacturing

Nugg

Or, maybe, MAYBE, since there are only 6 amiibos in wave 4, they've been able to produce twice as much in the same time.

Toki767

Also note that Robin/Lucina/Charizard/Ness are all being made in the same factory.

Wario/Pac-man are being made in a different one which is the same one that the Gold Mario amiibo is being made in, so most likely the quality will be better on those two than the other 4.

bluexy

How many times does it need to be said? Nintendo limits availability by design. They've done this for years, long before Amiibo every came along.

updated OP with source. each character in wave 4 was only manufactured in January. just one month, not two months like some past amiibo figures.

Toki767

I may be interpreting that wrong, but that only shows when they were first manufactured...which doesn't really say anything about the thread title at all. Did you click on the "duplicate" characters? They aren't even the same figure.

Click on characters like Mario who have multiple months for manufacturer date.

I understand the obvious scare, but aren't we assuming that each production run is just as efficient as the last? aka that there isn't any improved efficiency?

My opinion is that while one month may hint at having less stock than a run with two months, there's likely some underlying efficiency gains (from design, lot sizing, reduced # of defects) that's allowing for this shorter cycle.

Of course, I'm just a gamer . . . so what the hell do I know?

I think if you go to gamestop the first day pre orders open and if you get lucky second day you could have a chance to pre order in store

but there were horror stories of delays about pre orders

fuck, i cant keep up with this haha

Toki767

I understand the obvious scare, but aren't we assuming that each production run is just as efficient as the last? aka that there isn't any improved efficiency?

My opinion is that while one month may hint at having less stock than a run with two months, there's likely some underlying efficiency gains (from design, lot sizing, reduced # of defects) that's allowing for this shorter cycle.

It would be one thing if they only created Wave 4 amiibo during the entire month, but part of January was also allocated for the Super Mario series amiibo.

Shady859

What a horrible source to base anything on. What an idiot but he gets view dollars from kids so more power to him.

Slermy

Stop trying to make sense during the END OF DAYS.

*sigh* Not this again... I've already addressed this like 5 times in the amiibo thread when Charizard and Ness's certificates first went up and I keep getting ignored.

No, we do not know each Wave 4 amiibo only received 1 month of manufacturing. Literally all we know is that each Wave 4 amiibo has, so far, had one CPSIA certified run with completed documentation. That's it. Which of course means nothing at all at this point.

Come on guys, lets logic this out. Each wave 4 figure started production in January. Each of those January runs were just certified at the end of February. So, following the same timelines, if they had production runs in February, they would be weeks away from certification. March runs meanwhile would be nearly 2 months away from certification. And then there's the fact that we have no idea of the approximate size of these runs compared to previous runs anyway.

So please, please stop posting this.

You and this YouTube user clearly have no idea how manufacturing works.

What is the output rate of each product? You don't know? Oh.

Marcel

7VLrTY0.jpg

Pardon me if I don't take your source seriously.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
*sigh* Not this again... I've already addressed this like 5 times in the amiibo thread when Charizard and Ness's certificates first went up and I keep getting ignored.

No, we do not know each Wave 4 amiibo only received 1 month of manufacturing. Literally all we know is that each Wave 4 amiibo has, so far, had one CPSIA certified run with completed documentation. That's it. Which of course means nothing at all at this point.

Come on guys, lets logic this out. Each wave 4 figure started production in January. Each of those January runs were just certified at the end of February. So, following the same timelines, if they had production runs in February, they would be weeks away from certification. March runs meanwhile would be nearly 2 months away from certification. And then there's the fact that we have no idea of the approximate size of these runs compared to previous runs anyway.

OP always ignores you lol.

Toki767

Lucina says Jan and Feb. So wouldn't that be two months of manufacturing?

Looks like they actually just updated certifications again today. All of Wave 4 seems to be 2 months except Charizard and Ness now...gotta see if they update those.

BiggNife

Judging by this post, I think it's way too early to make the claims that the OP is making. It sounds like people are making assumptions to generate panic.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm ready nintendo... i have alerts setup in every way I can imagine to do so... once those pre-orders hit, hopefully i can jump on and have them ordered within 5 or 10 mins.

I just hope that's fast enough!

Toki767

Aren't Amiibos only a few months old at most anyway? How many months of manufacturing can the latest wave have?

Bowser being the newest has had 4 months of manufacturing.

Zelda and Link are currently tied for the most at 5 months of manufacturing.

Velcro Fly

If this exact same thing were an article on a news outlet and not a post on GAF it would amount to baseless fear mongering. We have no idea about production so saying things like this means little to me.

Maitiú

This.

Check back in 4-5 weeks to determine which amiibo were manufactured at some unknown length of time in February and at some unknown quantity. Those are big unknowns. The time it takes to make a Lucina is going to be longer than the time to make a Pacman. This then naturally will decrease production volume per day, all other things equal.

Top Bottom