• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone complains about Blighttown and Shrine of Amana as being unfair in Souls games, but forget about Elden Rings Raya Lucaria....

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That's a weird take. It's one of the easier areas by far. 99% of all the rooftop areas you can just run through without fighting anyone.

The knight protecting the boss lift is annoying but if you can't beat him straight up you can cheese him with the big ball.

The wolves spirit ash is probably the best for soloing up until fire giant area.

Last edited:
and the end boss of the area one you have to fight and beat so fast that if you take your time even a second she spawns demons from hell so powerful they will one shot you. And this used to be worse on release!
The Lone Wolf Ashes were really effective against her.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
They are really weak to fire though...

They are. That doesn't make them any less eye-searingly horrific.

tumblr_mblzxqaHa91rurv44.gif

skit_data

You can pretty much run through it all in one go, no issues. It was sort of a pain collecting all the stuff in it but it's nothing like Shrine of Amana IMO.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
All this talk makes me want to replay Elden Ring all over again even tho I already did 2-3 playthrough last year.

Addiction is real!

Last edited:

IAmRei

Raya aint so hard if you spent some leveling before. But yeah, i kinda agree with the mons there is annoying.

There are more annoying place such as (i forgot the name) where you have ro fight mobs before sleeping dragon in floating city with tornado. I skip it. Run as fast as i can. To the platforms and fight the dragon. And the dragon it self aint so hard. The encounter with mobs is... For me at least

And the annoying part is when mobs gang you and then enemy that could one hit you comes. Ugh...

But i finished the game twice.

Sounds like skill issue.
You jest, but I honestly suspect this.

I spent an inordinate amount of time placing my summoning sign and helping others in this area for the boss. I'd say about half the time, the host died instantly. The average player is just plain bad at this game.

Also, this area, and the bosses in particular, are more difficult if you are a low HP spell caster.

StueyDuck

Seriously fuck this knock off Hogwarts, the game does not prepare you at all for the heavy and fast magic wielders, the super fast Fire Dog boss and the end boss of the area one you have to fight and beat so fast that if you take your time even a second she spawns demons from hell so powerful they will one shot you. And this used to be worse on release!

Right now I'm doing a playthrough on the PC version before the DLC comes out and wanted to do a 100% run as well, I got all but 4 or 5 trophies on the PS5 version on release, and not played it since then, so now I thought would be aperfect time for a reaply of one of my legit favorite games. But this place, this place angers me more than any other...
of all of elden ring, raya lucaria was not my go to in terms of the game being BS. Like anything with rot is just the worst, we all remember that rot lake

SCB3

of all of elden ring, raya lucaria was not my go to in terms of the game being BS. Like anything with rot is just the worst, we all remember that rot lake
To be fair aside from the fucking Ralphs down there with the homing attacks, if you have anything that heals Rot, its not too bad,

Lol wut, places like caelid and the lake of rot exists and you choose to bitch about the piss-easy lake area?
Yeah, Caelid was legitimately fucking horrible. The enemies there were pretty fucked, so needless to say I didn't hang around there longer than I needed to.

git gud.

The wolf isn't even a hard boss, neither is Rennela. She's only a nuisance to full mage builds because of her high magic res.

You are in for a rude awakening if you think Raya is a hard area.

SCB3

git gud.

The wolf isn't even a hard boss, neither is Rennela. She's only a nuisance to full mage builds because of her high magic res.

You are in for a rude awakening if you think Raya is a hard area.
Again you do realise I have beaten ER a few times

Codes 208

Yeah, Caelid was legitimately fucking horrible. The enemies there were pretty fucked, so needless to say I didn't hang around there longer than I needed to.
My first experience there ever was due to that trap box and i had no idea how to get out of that cave with those pests that fire homing missiles.

Plus all the dragons to the north and Trex dogs all over the palce, ugh. Not my favorite.

AngelMuffin

I don’t remember ever being prepared in a Soulsborne game…and that’s part of their charm. Always something unexpected around the next corner…and you must deal with it.

I don’t want having issues with that area in particular, except for maybe those big ass hands that come for you.

SkylineRKR

Shrine of Amana wasn't bad once I wisened up and took the Dragonrider Bow out.

Raya Lucaria can't remember much of. I don't think I found it to be that hard. Maybe that piece of shit NPC at the end.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Seriously fuck this knock off Hogwarts, the game does not prepare you at all for the heavy and fast magic wielders, the super fast Fire Dog boss and the end boss of the area one you have to fight and beat so fast that if you take your time even a second she spawns demons from hell so powerful they will one shot you. And this used to be worse on release!

Right now I'm doing a playthrough on the PC version before the DLC comes out and wanted to do a 100% run as well, I got all but 4 or 5 trophies on the PS5 version on release, and not played it since then, so now I thought would be aperfect time for a reaply of one of my legit favorite games. But this place, this place angers me more than any other...
If you're gonna make a thread about a game can you at least get the dunbgeon correct. Those fuckers were in Stormvale not Raya Lucaria.

My first experience there ever was due to that trap box and i had no idea how to get out of that cave with those pests that fire homing missiles.

Plus all the dragons to the north and Trex dogs all over the palce, ugh. Not my favorite.

You mean these guys?

lesser_kindred_of_rot_enemies_elden_ring_wiki_600px.jpg

I found my way out of there but it wasn't easy. I remember going down a couple ladders then finding the exit. I didn't stop to sight see either. Just got the F outta there asap.

Last edited:

nkarafo

One of the reasons for the original Dark Souls high difficulty is the bonfire locations and frequency. The bonfires in later games are more plentiful and closer to each other so you have smaller areas to go through before a checkpoint. Not to mention they let you teleport the moment you find them (in Dark Souls you could only do this later in the game). Heck, in Elden Ring you don't even need to be on a bonfire to initiate a teleport.

No matter how hard a certain area can be, all these quality of life improvements can make them piss easy. You have smaller areas to clear between each checkpoint and you don't have to re-do large areas every time you die in a certain spot or boss. That means less frustration and less wasted time which, in turn, means more attempts. Elden Ring is the easiest Souls game for that reason alone. I don't remember any particular area giving me as much trouble as most of the areas in Dark Souls.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’d suggest OP, that if you like games that make you feel prepared and powerful before hitting you with a new area or boss, then Soulslikes might not be for you…

Codes 208

You mean these guys?

lesser_kindred_of_rot_enemies_elden_ring_wiki_600px.jpg

I found my way out of there but it wasn't easy. I remember going down a couple ladders then finding the exit. I didn't stop to sight see either. Just got the F outta there asap.
Yes, those damn silverfish peeps (i believe theyre literally called pests) My problem was i thought i had to go up to get out, like as if it were a sunken cave. It was like an hour of agony since i was so under-leveled

Last edited:
Yes, those damn silverfish peeps (i believe theyre literally called pests) My problem was i thought i had to go up to get out, like as if it were a sunken cave. It was like an hour of agony since i was so under-leveled

Yeah I just went downwards instead of up since dropping off a ledge is easier and quicker than climbing as i was scrambling to get away from them. Then by luck found the exit. Never played the game much again for a while after that lol

Last edited:
I think that always depends if you played them at launch or when they got remastered/patched
With the exception of the original Asian release of Demon's Souls, I've played all the Souls games at launch.

I mean, I get why people think those areas are annoying. I just never found them all that hard to deal with. Like, those casters in the Shrine of Amana are a pain in the ass because their spells have nearly infinite range, but so does even the shittiest bow in the game, so you can just flip the script on them.

Top Bottom