• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everytime I bake frozen chicken wings black goo comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Help!!! I know it's blood and harmless but it's pretty gross. I'll usually cook about 12-16oz of chicken wings, at 375 for 40-50 minutes.

And every time, like clock work, black goo. What the hell am I doing wrong??

Grinchy

Banned
This doesn't answer your question, but if you deep fry them first, then only use the oven to cook on some nice bbq or hot sauce, you'll have a food orgasm. Then the only goo that will be coming out can easily be cleaned up with a kleenex.

agrajag

Banned
touch the goo, Sean

PROMETHEUS_WETA_VFX_01.jpg

I don't know exactly what it is but Its happened to me with other frozen foods.

Its likely a type of mold. It is a big sign that your frozen food is expired and you should absolutely throw it out rather than trying to figure out a way around it so you can eat it.

Black anything coming out of food is a solid NOPE.

SeanR1221

Its likely a type of mold. It is a big sign that your frozen food is expired and you should absolutely throw it out rather than trying to figure out a way around it so you can eat it.

Lol it's not mold.

And if it was mold I'd probably puke my guts out eating 25-30 wings.

Peagles

It's blood.

Blood should be red tbh.

When raw it's red, when cooked it goes dark. Think black pudding.

Edit: Could try a few tips here OP.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
boil your chicken for a bit, the blood will seep out that way and they'll cook a lot nicer as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the marrow coming out from where the wings were jointed. It's nothing special.

The real troubling thing is that frozen wings are vile as a product. Fresh wings that you freeze yourself and then thaw will produce a much better product texturally. Cook faster too.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
I cook chicken from frozen often and I never get any goo coming out of it... I don't think I would eat it if it did either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom