• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex NFL Pro Explains What Happens in Locker Rooms. Though Some Rooms Really Differ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

Are white americans fucking insane?

Those White Americans, while not 1%er's, are damn close to being 1%er's with the dream of one day becoming 1%er's. Of course they'll vote for the guy who doesn't want to tax the rich and will allow the top percentage of the wealth in this country to gain more through easier means.

"I don't care if we go to war, I won't be in it. I got my money, that's all I care about."

They're rich. There's always going to be some minorities willing to overlook racism if it lines their own pockets.

A) From a young age their athletic ability has led to them being told how exceptional they are, they've been coddled and treated differently throughout school, college and then become millionaires. It doesn't matter if they grew up poor or not, of course the Republican bootstraps, American Dream bullshit resonates with them.

B) Go on then. I'd love to hear that argument.
A. That is not any different from the life of a black NFL player

B. From the moment they started playing football they have been around black players. These guys spend so much time together it's unreal. They practice together, they go to battle for each other. They spend more time around each other than most people spend around their families. They know everything about each other, including their backgrounds and issues.

Because Money. Trump's mandate is "make the rich richer." Most NFL players are rich.

No, actually. The best of the best NFL players are. Average NFL players make around $140-165K a year after taxes.

NFL players don't get the typical "rich man tax cuts" because they earn money and checks in over 12 different states a year. Pretty much every NFL player will pay around 50% or more of his contractual value back in state and federal taxes. They actually do want tax breaks, because right now they're getting hit super disproportionately compared to people who earn a comparable salary in something like financial regulation.

I work with a lot of blue collar guys. I've been to the sort of places where guys pin up nudies on their locker, on the wall, right at their work bench where their boss can see it. I've heard some gross stories that I am sure are not repeated outside the context of work. I've never heard anyone say anything like what Trump said. I can't imagine what kind of scummy place exists where that passes for locker room talk.

A. That is not any different from the life of a black NFL player

B. From the moment they started playing football they have been around black players. These guys spend so much time together it's unreal. They practice together, they go to battle for each other. They spend more time around each other than most people spend around their families. They know everything about each other, including their backgrounds and issues.

A) The difference is that black players are more sensitive to conservative dogwhistling because you know, it's directed at them as well as their friends and family.

B) Thanks, here's my counterargument. I'm not white.

tanooki27

I've heard substantially worse, but not since college/HS. I would assume a professional locker room teeming with press/tape recorders would have a decent level of decorum

what on earth did you hear? stuff like "Yah man her twat's loose but her tits are on point" is gross and demeaning and what have you, but it's not bragging about frigging assault

No, actually. The best of the best NFL players are. Average NFL players make around $140-165K a year after taxes.

NFL players don't get the typical "rich man tax cuts" because they earn money and checks in over 12 different states a year. Pretty much every NFL player will pay around 50% or more of his contractual value back in state and federal taxes. They actually do want tax breaks, because right now they're getting hit super disproportionately compared to people who earn a comparable salary in something like financial regulation.

Even if they pay up to 50℅ in taxes, the minimum salary in the NFL if you are on a team and not it's practice squad, is $450,000. That's the rookie minimum. That's $225,000 a year you're taking home. The median salary is double that. So you have more than 800 NFL players making $400,000+ after taxes. Much better than you suggest.

rjinaz

what on earth did you hear? stuff like "Yah man her twat's loose but her tits are on point" is gross and demeaning and what have you, but it's not bragging about frigging assault

I'd be interested in hearing as well. They said "worse". I can only imagine it would have to do with drugging women and forcing them against their will. Only thing that makes sense for it to be "worse".

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Trump used to own the USFL New Jersey generals so he does have experience as an owner, he's friendly with Herschel Walker as a result.

And he was such a shitty businessman, not only did he run his team into the ground, he took the entire league with him.

im_shocked.gif

Then you read 2 black players and ask your self "why?" and "how?" and then remember the likes of charles barkley, stacy dash, moneyweather ....

Excuse me, but what does Barkley have to do with this? Dude has voted for democrats his whole life. Not to mention that he's one of the smartest (and funniest) athletes out there.

Mesoian

Even if they pay up to 50℅ in taxes, the minimum salary in the NFL if you are on a team and not it's practice squad, is $450,000. That's the rookie minimum. That's $225,000 a year you're taking home. The median salary is double that. So you have more than 800 NFL players making $400,000+ after taxes. Much better than you suggest.

This. Even if you're splitting that across something like 4 or 5 years, you're still well above the modern middle class range set that needs tax cuts the most and you stand to benefit from the upper class tax cuts. And then that's still if you ignore things supplimentary programs through the NFL, endorsements, public speaking, special attendance.

If you're playing in the NFL, you are not taking home 140k a year, even as a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom