• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Telltale Games, Klei Entertainment and Olly Moss form new game studio, Campo Santo

LCfiner

This is so cool. Can’t wait to see what these guys put out. Very curious to see Olly’s designs and ideas directly used in a game.

And I think it’s cool they have some backing from Panic. They’ve been putting out top notch software for years and it gives me some more confidence that all of this will come together nicely.

Empty

woah i wasn't expecting ex-telltale to mean jake and sean

gee i wonder who they'll contract to do the soundtrack to their game!

anyway good luck guys. really excited to see what they do.

V_Ben

Banned
It's like a video game supergroup. I can't even begin to imagine the madness these four will create together. At least we know it will look absolutely gorgeous.

Our first order of business is starting a Kickstarter.

Sounds like Panic is funding them. So, nope! Which is even cooler! Funded right out of the gate! :O

cabel

Oh man this whole time I'm like "finally I'll have breaking news I can post on NeoGAF!" but of course I'm way too late.

Excited to be a part of this adventure with these guys. Technically we're just the money men but I feel like it's way more of a mutual-respect partnership and we'll be inspiring each other.

Uhh.. I'll post again in a long time when it's done! :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, this talent is BIG.

And a good choice for the company's name, I dig it.

Jake

Oh man this whole time I'm like "finally I'll have breaking news I can post on NeoGAF!" but of course I'm way too late.

Excited to be a part of this adventure with these guys. Technically we're just the money men but I feel like it's way more of a mutual-respect partnership and we'll be inspiring each other.

Uhh.. I'll post again in a long time when it's done! :)

Man, I am so excited I might barf. Crazy times. Thanks for the money!

(... Sean would post too but he's been rejected for a GAF account three times. Best.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's a pretty significant talent bleed from Telltale.

All involved (including Panic, who make phenomenal software!) are awesome though, I see very bright things coming out of this!

(... Sean would post too but he's been rejected for a GAF account three times. Best.)

I'd be happy to fix that if he has an account waiting in the queue right now (just PM me the username/email)

So basically we're just going to get a bunch of games about bird sounds?

Congrats guys, I really hope it works out for you folks.

eyeless

i think they left because of shame for selling a broken game i can't play past episode one that sits in my library taunting me while everyone says how great it is

i bet they got my e-mail

Saw this thread title and knew exactly who was gonna be involved. That idle thumbs from a couple weeks ago makes a lot more sense now.

Nelsormensch

Neo Member
Man, I am so excited I might barf. Crazy times. Thanks for the money!

I am also excited for those dollars and to be making a video game with you fine humans!

NoPiece

Confirmed: First game is a rabbit hunting sim.

BTH8fB9CMAAR-XT.jpg

https://twitter.com/camposanto/status/374357854372630528

Well that's an exciting team, I'm really curious in seeing how Olly's work transfers to games. It sucks for the companies that lost some of their best talent though.

Das-J

Law of the West
These guys seriously know how to execute their vision... can't wait to see what they come up with under a single roof!

Best of luck to them!

Axiom

This is just an awesome team up, it feels like a comic crossover of my favourites.

I just hope some day they are afforded the budget to record, even as an Easter Egg, Jeff Goldblum for some 5 minute FMV adventure.

Sean Vanneman talked about being jealous of Gone Home on a episode of Idle Thumbs a few weeks ago.

These guys going indie makes total sense.

Oh man, this is awesome. What a great team! I can't wait to see what comes from this. I know Olly had mentioned getting into the indie scene earlier this year, but I hope we get to hear more about the formation of the studio on the podcast.

Also the website changing colors is mesmerizing.

Congrats dudes!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No pressure guys, but you're basically the dream team.

Don't disappoint us.

Kidding.

But yeah.

This is super cool.

Odrion

Banned
Holy shit, I was just listening to a Idle Thumbs podcast with all these dudes.

GET CHRIS REMO. His Gone Home and Thirty Flights of Love scores are legit.

Odrion

Banned
Also whatever these guys make better be worth them leaving The Walking Dead and The Mark of The Ninja teams.

Which is to say, better be GOTY 2015.

gabbo

My butts, I'm holding on to them.
Their first game better be "Back into Samuel L Jackson's Arm", the simulator I know Jake has wanted to make for years now.

But on a more serious note, I can't wait to see what you guys put out.

So is this sort of like an American version of Mistwalker, where Campo Santo will do the design work for a game, then collaborate with another company to implement it?

Damn you Idle Thumbs for taking Nels Anderson away from Klei! :p

After Mark of the Ninja (my GOTY 2012), I'll follow this dude whatever he does.

ibbGxKTJCnqSxb.gif

Top Bottom