• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Zodiac on Kickstarter (almost Star Fox)

Castef

Banned
Crowdfunding campaign for this Star Fox-like shooter with plain-polygon graphics inspired by 16 bit 3D shooters.

Link to the campaign page.

e41ba33eb922cf1840ff3fd0771815cb_original.gif

Right now in development for PC, with a planned Switch Version (not in the rewards right now).

Saber

Gold Member
The game looks great, but the main character looks like pure shit.

e685020a1affcb30e9e403738b828569_original.png

Can't say its particulary bad, but I can't say its a good thing either.
I think all depends on the cutscenes or how long you will have sections showing the character out of the airship.

TheWisp

I remember seeing something about this game a while back. Hope it reaches the goal, looks very cool.

ultrazilla

Played the demo.

It sucks. It's pretty much an exact copy of Star Fox but without the charm or gameplay. Wonder what Nintendo will think of this?

VN1X

Banned
While I appreciate the aesthetics I feel like in this day and age it's more suitable for something on itch.io, for free. Even as a huge Starfox fan I can't convince myself to shell out 10 quid for this.

Maybe if it's heavily discounted one day on Steam I'll bite. Best of luck to the guy working on this though, hope it's a success for him.

Last edited:

mango drank

I played the demo. It's cute, has potential. The music doesn't really fit. Seems like placeholder music copy-pasted from a different game. The difficulty is kinda random. I died three times at the first boss, then beat the second boss in one try.

Still, not bad.

Nickolaidas

Ah yes, the infamous PSX '3D graphics look utter shite, I'll stick to 2D for now' era. How I've missed it ...

Always hated that artstyle. I prefer the 8-bit retro graphics of games like Not a Hero over this. Very interesting to see it's getting so much love in the comments, though!

Kazza

The kickstarter is now into its last 36 hours. I backed it earlier this month, and I‘m happy to see that it already has twice the required funding.

I think they have got the low-poly look just about right, but I don't like the character designs at all. Although I don't think it will be anything amazing, there are basically none of these type of games being produced today, so I'm more than happy to throw them £10. It's the kind of game/genre indie kickstarters were made for.

Pejo

I guess I'm in the minority here but the extremely low-poly look is not what I loved about Star Fox, it was the tight gameplay and branching paths. This looks...well....rough, but then again I have a hard time revisiting the 32 bit era and games of that style.

Saber

Gold Member
My only problem I got with this game is that the stage music is very meh...that worries me.

Top Bottom