• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examples of strong and capable women in media.

levyjl1988

Banned
Not physically strong, but smart, capable, and exceeds qualities not found in typical media.

I grew up in the 90's so these are my picks.

Ellen Ripley from Aliens.
EZpb1q0.jpg

Ellie Sattler from Jurasssic Park.
kAuaiTC.jpg

Sarah Conner from Terminator 2.
gjcDIXy.jpg

Any other good examples of strong capable women, not the shit they peddle now these days.

edit: corrected spelling

Last edited:

Keihart

BetterShimmeringAsianlion-size_restricted.gif

Before the great pandering, they made this little reboot and it was a natural progression of a strong female character, becoming a power house.
Horror movies always have cool and strong female characters, the term "final girl" was not born out of thin air.
I always get triggered when people call out media as not having strong females, as if the tomboy archetype was not one of the most popular ones since the fucking 1800's.

8bitpill

Horror movies always have cool and strong female characters, the term "final girl" was not born out of thin air.
I always get triggered when people call out media as not having strong females, as if the tomboy archetype was not one of the most popular ones since the fucking 1800's.
A majority of people have short term memories. I get that a lot of these Gen Z kids haven't watched these movies and films, but there were always cinema that pushed a strong female lead. It might have not been as strong in mainstream blockbusters, but the indie cinema has always been there with female leads.

Here are some recent examples,

e965f83f7ab3c32378f03dfd603d6cb96ae73a68.gifv

tumblr_inline_onyz6bii2Y1uogu26_250.gifv

Also, lets have a throw back to Nancy,
4AUz.gif

Top Bottom