• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Canti.

Well, looks like we won't need that tiebreaker.
It was really close though.
oh wow I didn't even realize I was close to a tie breaker, and to think the match to determine it was a Kanji v Kanji in 1bar
h6yP6qb.png

Had fun nonetheless, learn a lot in BB also thanks to this.

Busaiku

Anyone that wishes to use a replay to make up a match they missed (provided they have one) must do so by the end of today, or at the very least notify me and give me a specific timeframe.
If you fail to do so by 12 AM EST, all results will be finalized as is.

GamerJM

Banned
Korigama beat me 4-0

GGs everyone. Great apologizes to Korigama for my PST shenanigans. Shout out to Busaiku for organizing this and going the extra mile to contact me outside of GAF when it looked like I wasn't going to make my matches (>_>).

Uncle AJ

P4A: 2-2 with Cyberman.

GOOD FUCKING GAMES. After those first 2 matches I had to settle down for a bit and think more clearly, because I wasn't dealing with your oki well at all. So I risked using Gold Burst every time I got knocked down, and it ended up working out.

Feeling real good about 3rd place. I'll take the plushie, please!

Shoutouts to Busaiku for staying on top of things every day for this tournament. I can't imagine this process of manually reporting results in the thread was easy or convenient for you, or coming up with how to handle all the weird little situations that came up in between. Everyone give this man props. I can tell you from personal experience that being a TO is almost always a thankless job.

And shoutouts to everyone in the tournament. I know I can beat Flux and Canti if I just play more patiently, and I've been getting better at that slowly over time, but they bodied me at the end of the day so you guys earned your wins. Hope everyone stays in shape for P4C.

Uncle AJ

Haha... actually, Omnix won 3rd. I just re-counted the scores. He should have 8.0 total, I should only have 7.75. I don't know why I have 0.25 points from my 3rd round match w/ Flux - I didn't win any matches with him. Must be a mistake. GS Omnix.

Busaiku

Haha... actually, Omnix won 3rd. I just re-counted the scores. He should have 8.0 total, I should only have 7.75. I don't know why I have 0.25 points from my 3rd round match w/ Flux - I didn't win any matches with him. Must be a mistake. GS Omnix.

You don't, and neither does he.
In the match with you and FluxWaveZ, you did not get 0.25 points, I just marked the 1 to signify that it was you that used the replay.
For Omnix ~ That One Hero, the 5 - 0 for him in the 1st round counted as 1 point for him (he used his replay).

Both of you are at 7.75 points.

It's been a good tourney; thank you for organizing it, Busaiku.

I'm glad to have met other GGs players for the first time and enjoyed my games.

Uncle AJ

You don't, and neither does he.
In the match with you and FluxWaveZ, you did not get 0.25 points, I just marked the 1 to signify that it was you that used the replay.
For Omnix ~ That One Hero, the 5 - 0 for him in the 1st round counted as 1 point for him (he used his replay).

Both of you are at 7.75 points.

Omnix and I talked it over, and we're going to wait until tomorrow... I'm pretty exhausted today from a long trip. Right now my feeling is to just forfeit and give it to Omnix because I was mentally ready to pretty much never play matches online ever again, and I don't particularly care about my placing or the prizes, but I'm probably just cranky today so I'm going to sleep on it.

Busaiku

And with that, I am officially ending all the tournaments.
No one has contacted me regarding replays, so the only match that will determine the final outcome will be the 3rd place match in Persona 4 Arena between Mo the Hawk and Omnix ~ That One Hero.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +
bagandscalpel - 7.25
QisTopTier - 6
Rhapsody - 5.25
Naite - 5
Mo the Hawk - 4.75
Roebear - 4.5
That Dude John - 4.25
Joule - 4.25
CrazyTank940 - 3.75
Omnix ~ That One Hero - 3.25
irfaanator - 3.25
TWILT - 3
Busaiku - 2.5
FluxWaveZ - 2
Karsius - 2
AutumnAve - 1

Persona 4 Arena
FluxWaveZ - 11
Canti. - 10.75
Omnix ~ That One Hero - 7.75
Mo the Hawk - 7.75
Rhapsody - 7.25
Cyberman65 - 7.25
Roebear - 7
Korigama - 7
Orpheus Telos - 6.5
SolarKnight - 6.5
Busaiku - 6.5
Karsius - 6.25
QisTopTier - 6.25
Joule - 6
CrazyTank940 - 6
Lemstar - 6
Ragingnight - 6
gibration - 5.75
gravitypenguin - 5.5
cj_iwakura - 5
Naite - 5
TWILT - 5
AutumnAve - 5
GamerJM - 4.75
irfaanator - 3.25
Troubled Bat - 1.75
FSLink - 0.75
Octavion Rex - 0

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
Fugu - 7.75
RoeBear - 6.25
SolarKnight - 5
cj_iwakura - 4.75
Rhapsody - 4.75
Naite - 4.5
QisTopTier - 4.5
Omnix ~ That One Hero - 4.25
FluxWaveZ - 4
Canti. - 3.75
gravitypenguin - 3.5
Orpheus Telos - 3.5
Karsius - 3.25
AutumnAve - 1
Octavion Rex - 0.25
FS Link - 0

Congratulations to all the winners!
Hope you all had fun and continue to play the games, cause there are still people that play!

The extra prize winners will be determined at a later point (after the 3rd place match in Persona 4 Arena is decided and the 3rd place winners in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + and Persona 4 Arena claim their prize).

To all 1st/2nd placers in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + and Persona 4 Arena, and the 3rd placer in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +, please PM me your addresses and I'll try to get your prizes out as soon as possible.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, everyone, and awesome tourney Busaiku.

Getting 3rd, 4th, and 5th, I definitely could've done better. But considering I was on a hiatus from these three fighters, it's not too bad. The tourney being online and in a format I was new to was an interesting experience, so it was definitely quite a challenge.

Only real regret were my 3-1's, but it also means I need to stay more alert in my sets.

Edit: And good, I didn't pull Mike Ross, haha

I know I said this before, but now it's all officially done (except the tiebreaker), good games all around to everyone I played in Guilty and Persona! Getting to play people outside of my usual circles was fun and gave me some matches I didn't expect to happen. Favorite matches I've had of both tournaments were probably...

Guilty Gear: vs Joule - Rare footage of the netcode being smooth as butter, I may have gotten whooped hard in that set but actually having total control online was something I never expected to happen with GG, and that's just plain awesome.

Persona: vs Q - My goodness. That was one of the closest and most tense sets I have ever played in the game. That was just back and forth amazing insanity.

So that out of the way, thanks Busaiku for hosting this and congratulations to the winners
tumblr_mezqiqT0Mj1qlg5tr.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
Could be worse; you could've pulled a Gewtegz and threw your stick.
Luckily I don't get mad from losses. Plus I don't think I'd be happy shelling out money for another one, haha.

I guess my favorite sets this tourney was

GG - vs bagandscalpel. Zoning in neutral on a good connection is pretty fun. Plus I was surprised at being able to consistently FRC. Playing Q was fun too in that regard.

BB - vs Naite or Roebear. I made some poor decisions in matches costing me some parts, but the sets were close and fun. Felt like these sets showed my glaring flaws.

P4A - vs Flux. I felt like I could've done better, but Flux did a lot to keep me in check. Plus it was the one set out of all three tourneys to make me really nervous.

Naite

3rd place felt so close. GGs to all. If anyone wants to get in some +R matches, just hit me up.

If there's another one of these tournies, I'm probably gonna enter only one or two games, because waiting on opponents sucks with my schedule.

FluxWaveZ

Oh cool, just got home to see that the tie breaker for first place in P4A wasn't needed (a bit unfortunate since it would have made things all the more exciting).

I'll do my best to get good in both Chronophantasma and Xrd to make up for my pretty bad performance in those games in this tournament.

Thanks for organizing it all, Busaiku.

Dang, thought for sure I was in 4th for BB. Challonge confused me :(

Anyways, I enjoyed this a good bit. The tournaments allowed me to find some more opponents in the games I play without relying solely on Dustloop. I wish I had done better overall, but I stopped playing pretty much everything so I only have myself to blame.

I'll get the whole thing with Mo straightened by tomorrow for sure.

RoeBear

I enjoyed this tournament a lot and it was fun. Hopefully I'll continue to learn my faults and work on my patience in BB. I dash in too much.

On the other hand this tournament made me trade in P4A everything in the game I just found infuriating, I was just so angry when I would play. I love the characters so much but balance and gameplay mechanics just lack so much compared to BB. Most of the things I have problems with seem to be getting changed in Climax, but I'm still not sure I want to go back into it...

I won the tiebreaker against Mo 5-3, but...

Ugh, that was terrible. I can see why Mo can't stand online at this point. Neither of us could confirm half of our stuff and we weren't able to finish our rounds half the time b/c lol netplay. Sorry about that, Mo. Our last matches were a lot cleaner and had a lot less lag :/

Top Bottom