• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

RoeBear

I had a lot of fun with the BB tournament. I learned a lot about my faults, but I still do them right now. If anyone wants to practice BB before CP comes out I'm usually down for matches.

Rhapsody

Banned
I had a lot of fun with the BB tournament. I learned a lot about my faults, but I still do them right now. If anyone wants to practice BB before CP comes out I'm usually down for matches.

Let me take you up in that offer sometime. Playing you in casuals reminded me of how much fun I had in BB.
Plus I'm disappointed in my performance, so I'm going to have to step it up and get better. Way too many 3-1s.

Also I'd like to play Fugu more too and learn that Litchi matchup.

Fugu

I've been taking a bit of a break from the game lately but if you message me on GAF/post in the thread I'll probably play. People who join the import club will probably be seeing a lot of me.

I don't really know who to give the nendroid to now. If only there were some sort of tournament format to help make that decision for me...

It's petty but I'm actually pretty unhappy about losing that one game to Naite. I dropped a pretty easy gold burst combo and it basically cost me the game.

Naite

Kinda wish I stuck to my shit in the beginning rounds. I feel I lost too many unnecessary rounds because I was using a different controller and different characters. I learned the hard way how terrible my Hakumen had gotten.

Oh well. I'll play you all again when CP import comes along.

I just PM'd Irfaanator and he pretty much dropped out from Guilty Gear and is out of town this weekend so I guess that's that on my end.

Naite

3-1 MotheHawk in GG.

GGs and have fun on your trip. I hate that matchup so much. I got terribad patience for it. The game dropping entire inputs for me was more annoying though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can you stop giving me losses when I've been talking to people in pms and they dont respond back to me. And im playing joule now.

Edit:

Q vs Joule
4-0

and if things work out I should be able to play my match with raging tomorrow

0-4 in canti favor.

It really shows that I need to learn actual shit from P4A instead of playing how I did the first few weeks of release.

GG it was fun. Little to no randomness = fun matches even when I lose. I enjoy the more footsies/yomi part of our matches.

Canti.

0-4 in canti favor.

It really shows that I need to learn actual shit from P4A instead of playing how I did the first few weeks of release.

GG it was fun. Little to no randomness = fun matches even when I lose. I enjoy the more footsies/yomi part of our matches.

GGs, I'm just happy we got to play. I've gotten busy this week so I'm glad there just one more round of this.

Busaiku

Can you stop giving me losses when I've been talking to people in pms and they dont respond back to me. And im playing joule now.

Edit:

Q vs Joule
4-0

and if things work out I should be able to play my match with raging tomorrow

You need to let me know as well, cause people told me they never saw you on PSN either, and going by the logins, that checked out.
If you played Joule, that counted as your replay for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +.

In any case, you don't play Ragingnight in anything, you guys already played your match in Persona 4 Arena way back.

Joule

And im playing joule now.
Edit:

Q vs Joule
4-0
I wish I could call that playing. I was so underwater. I'm pretty disappointed as I wanted to try the Ky mirror against you. When's Xrd.

@Roebear not sure what's up with all the connection failures but let's try it again tomorrow.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You need to let me know as well, cause people told me they never saw you on PSN either, and going by the logins, that checked out.
If you played Joule, that counted as your replay for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +.

In any case, you don't play Ragingnight in anything, you guys already played your match in Persona 4 Arena way back.

I'm supposed to play raging in GG because you said yourself it was fine as I wouldn't have access to the american version until I got payed *which should be tomorrow* As for me not being on psn, who sits on psn all day? I state every time for them to pm me when they are ready to play. the only person that did this and I missed our time the first time was joule as I was out of the house we arranged something right away and got it taken care of.

P4A
Q vs Orpheus
1-3

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm supposed to play raging in GG because you said yourself it was fine as I wouldn't have access to the american version until I got payed *which should be tomorrow* As for me not being on psn, who sits on psn all day? I state every time for them to pm me when they are ready to play. the only person that did this and I missed our time the first time was joule as I was out of the house we arranged something right away and got it taken care of.

P4A
Q vs Orpheus
1-3

I think you meant me. Just PM me whenever you're up to play our set.

Busaiku

You only had 2 other DQs.
I gave you a DQ against FluxWaveZ in Persona 4 Arena.
He told me you guys scheduled a time to play, but you never made it, and said you weren't on PSN for a while, which seemed to be the case.
You still have your replay in Persona 4 Arena, so it shouldn't be a problem.

And then Rhapsody in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +.
I gave him the round since he did have the NA version, and kept in touch with me.
I said I'd give players with the JPN version if their opponents never kept in touch with me, but Rhapsody did contact me.
It's unfortunate, but I did clarify that since this is a North American tournament, I would give favor to those with the NA version.
Since you used your replay against Joule, it's up to Rhapsody if he wants to use up his replay to play out the match.

Rhapsody

Banned
You only had 2 other DQs.
I gave you a DQ against FluxWaveZ in Persona 4 Arena.
He told me you guys scheduled a time to play, but you never made it, and said you weren't on PSN for a while, which seemed to be the case.
You still have your replay in Persona 4 Arena, so it shouldn't be a problem.

And then Rhapsody in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +.
I gave him the round since he did have the NA version, and kept in touch with me.
I said I'd give players with the JPN version if their opponents never kept in touch with me, but Rhapsody did contact me.
It's unfortunate, but I did clarify that since this is a North American tournament, I would give favor to those with the NA version.
Since you used your replay against Joule, it's up to Rhapsody if he wants to use up his replay to play out the match.
This is probably the stupidest thing on my part since it's going to cost me 2nd place, but I want to use my rematch option and play with Q.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGXXAC Rhapsody (2) - Qistoptier (2)

That was fun. Screwed up my dashes after a recovery and missed some Ice Spike FRCs D:

I haven't faced too many Ky's with my Dizzy so I'm still figuring out ways to safely get stuff out in neutral.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGXXAC Rhapsody (2) - Qistoptier (2)

That was fun. Screwed up my dashes after a recovery and missed some Ice Spike FRCs D:

I haven't faced too many Ky's with my Dizzy so I'm still figuring out ways to safely get stuff out in neutral.
haha it's ok I was learning how to approach her right mid way XD I didn't know her 2S was that good of an anti air

RoeBear

I was getting worried we wouldn't be able to even play our match. ggs and I hope you stick with the game or pick up Xrd in the future.

I'll probably get Xrd I just really like the art style they're trying to accomplish.

Also got this in the mail, also got the poster. Thanks again Busaiku, and Mike from Aksys!

FluxWaveZ

Persona 4 Arena - Round 12

FluxWaveZ vs. Karsius

4 - 0

GGs.

I suppose if Canti manages to 4 - 0 his next opponent, we'll be tied for first place in the P4A tourney. What happens then?

Regardless, this was really fun. When it started, I thought it'd be pretty much the last P4A related tournament thing I'd be participating in but now I want that sequel/update so bad. Or just a new fighting game to get into, in general (which is why I'm importing BB:CP).

gibration

Round 12 of Persona 4 Arena

gibration(3) vs Naite(1)

GGs everyone! I'm disappointed I didn't get to play everybody but I still had fun. Shoutout to Busaiku! I think you did one hell of a job organizing all of this. And with P4A getting a sequel, maybe we can try this again sometime. :D

Naite

I think I'm gonna try take this time to learn P4A more seriously in preparation for P4C because I've done some really stupid shit or dropped a lot throughout these matches. Not sure how long that'll last me when BBCP, Xrd, and all the other upcoming 2d fighting games come out but I willing to give it a shot.

Lemstar

No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.
Oh, yeah, I just looked at the standings at the bottom of the brackets without thinking about the weird scoring for this tournament.

I'd imagine that number of rounds won outright would be the best tiebreaker, but we'll see what the TO says.

Uncle AJ

Waiting on a response from Cyberman about P4A. I won't be able to play until tomorrow night at the earliest so I asked if he'd be available then, or if not we could agree to play Monday.

If he beats me we'll both be tied for 3rd, I believe.

I sent Omnix a message earlier yesterday (and one just now about more details of how I'll be busy sunday since I only just got some more time details) so I'm just gonna hope the only time that works for him is not when I'm gonna be out tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be out until ungodly hours since it's just a family event.

P4A

Omnix (4) vs me (0)

GG's man. Funny thing is that right before this I played a really bad Liz in ranked for a few consecutive matches, so playing one who actually knew their stuff threw me off for a second lol. Fun set though.

As for the whole tournament, it was lots of fun. I enjoyed playing against everyone in all the matches :)

GG's man. Funny thing is that right before this I played a really bad Liz in ranked for a few consecutive matches, so playing one who actually knew their stuff threw me off for a second lol. Fun set though.

Yeah, it was fun. You were missing out on your damage which let me take a lot of risks that I wouldn't normally take, haha.

As far as bad Liz players go, they're pretty one dimensional which makes me laugh. Not b/c they're bad, but because like it did for you, it throws people off when they play me. They're used to Liz players doing silly stuff and then get blown up for it.

I enjoyed the tourney the whole way through. I wish I hadn't choked so many times, but I had a lot of fun and the tournament allowed me to correct some things :D

Yeah, it was fun. You were missing out on your damage which let me take a lot of risks that I wouldn't normally take, haha.
Yeah some examples that still get me are making the mistake of holding down B a fraction longer than I should when doing 5AAB, or sometimes pressing C too early so when I try 5AABC the whipping attack doesn't start. I definitely felt like I was missing some things I could have done a little better.

P4A

gravitypenguin vs Canti: 1-3

Dear god Kanji is scary. Good games man, I know the Yukiko vs Kanji matchup is supposed to favor me, but damn if it ever works out that way :)

Joule

My only goal in entering this tournament was to play more people and get more experience so that was a success. I had fun and learned a few things too. Props to Busaiku for running the whole thing.

I'm usually down to play GG and trying to play more P4A as well so if you ever see me around and want to play let me know.

Top Bottom