• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Rhapsody

Banned
I just noticed that it's very possible I could get 4th place in all of these. I don't want to be the Mike Ross of this.

I just noticed that it's very possible I could get 4th place in all of these. I don't want to be the Mike Ross of this.

Better to be the Mike Ross than 11th (Persona) or 13th (Guilty) :p

Then again I'm in this for the fun rather than the prizes so it doesn't bother me much

You should be in it for fame, glory and the prizes.

But there's no "fun" in that post, if anything that should be priority number 1 imo

Unless that's how you have fun, after all "fun" is subjective. For me it's just having all these people to play against that makes the enjoyment

FluxWaveZ

But there's no "fun" in that post, if anything that should be priority number 1 imo

Unless that's how you have fun, after all "fun" is subjective. For me it's just having all these people to play against that makes the enjoyment

Yeah, I have fun participating in tournaments for the competition. Fighting for the top spot and close matches is where I have the most fun.

Yeah, I have fun participating in tournaments for the competition. Fighting for the top spot and close matches is where I have the most fun.

For me the fun comes from just having all these matches to play, especially the challenging ones, gives me something to strive for to beat them. If not it means try harder, and chances are with my skill it probably won't happen but I still go for it. Taking the top for me isn't expected, just the enjoyment in the wins and losses. If anything the prizes are just a bonus

Rhapsody

Banned
Better to be the Mike Ross than 11th (Persona) or 13th (Guilty) :p

Then again I'm in this for the fun rather than the prizes so it doesn't bother me much

Yeah, I mostly did it for fun. I haven't played these games seriously in awhile, so I wasn't expecting to get as far as I did.
I'm kind of happy with how I'm doing. I'm mostly losing to people that are truly dedicated to the game, so I'm ok with that.

It'd just be hilarious and sad if it did end up that way though lol

2-2 against whoever i played. Fuck shitty connection. I should just open a torrent anytime I play anybody and just 5AAAAAAA my way to victory.

Persona 4 Arena
Korigama vs. Ragingnight
2-2

GGs. Figured I might have some trouble against Yu's mix-up.

Its not even mixup. Its me being random online with literally 30 min yu. I can't even say GG not because of you but because the connection was terrible. I had tons of fun playing against rhasp and only took 1 game out of like 20. But these 4 games is like playing MK9 online, random drops, random situations, random buttons being pressed, random super.

Korigama

I see. Sorry to hear that. I had some lag in the beginning of our first match, but wasn't aware of just how bad it was.

I see. Sorry to hear that. I had some lag in the beginning of our first match, but wasn't aware of just how bad it was.

Sorry if I come off like an asshole. I just get salty easily at anytime I feel like my lost are out of my control. No hard feelings. Its just the salt flowing.

Yeah, I mostly did it for fun. I haven't played these games seriously in awhile, so I wasn't expecting to get as far as I did.
I'm kind of happy with how I'm doing. I'm mostly losing to people that are truly dedicated to the game, so I'm ok with that.

It'd just be hilarious and sad if it did end up that way though lol

You and Flux destroyed my running for first (was in third). I need to get some 4-0's to redeem myself and make everyone else look bad. D:

Nah, I'm just joking. I really joined this b/c the competition online is extremely lacking without going to something like Dustloop. I won't be one of those people that says he enjoys losing, but I certainly don't hate it. I learn so much more when I lose matches than when I win, which leads me to becoming an even stronger player. I hope that after this tournament is over we can do something similar in the future (even if it's not a month long thing) as this was a lot of fun for all 3 games.

FluxWaveZ

The Dustloop P4A team lost to the GameFAQs P4A team.

Dark times.

For me the fun comes from just having all these matches to play, especially the challenging ones, gives me something to strive for to beat them. If not it means try harder, and chances are with my skill it probably won't happen but I still go for it. Taking the top for me isn't expected, just the enjoyment in the wins and losses. If anything the prizes are just a bonus

I think we have pretty much the same reasons for being a part of this in that the prizes are neat, but they're secondary to the experience of playing against other people. Where I think we slightly differ, though, is that it isn't so much the amount of matches that are fun for me, but mainly the really close ones.

When I have fun with fighting games, it's the types of matches where I clutch my head in frustration or feel extremely relieved. Those are what I seek and want more of.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nah, I'm just joking. I really joined this b/c the competition online is extremely lacking without going to something like Dustloop. I won't be one of those people that says he enjoys losing, but I certainly don't hate it. I learn so much more when I lose matches than when I win, which leads me to becoming an even stronger player. I hope that after this tournament is over we can do something similar in the future (even if it's not a month long thing) as this was a lot of fun for all 3 games.

This tourney's been fun, but I'm going to admit that it's stressful for me lol. A lot of it is like a counter to what I'm used to because of netplay and the points. I play differently online and it usually takes me a loss before adjusting and downloading my opponent. Most of my wins are 3-1's I think too. Being rusty at BB and P4A is also frustrating when I know how to counter something, but the opponent gets away with it.

It's a learning experience though, that's for sure. So at least I'm being challenged.

The Dustloop P4A team lost to the GameFAQs P4A team.

While I can only talk about the GG-playing population of DL, the people you see still posting on DL are mostly talk.

Whatever fantasy you were entertaining about DL being a haven of superior players for ASW games pretty much died out around 5 years ago or more.

cj_iwakura

While I can only talk about the GG-playing population of DL, the people you see still posting on DL are mostly talk.

Whatever fantasy you were entertaining about DL being a haven of superior players for ASW games pretty much died out around 5 years ago or more.

The BB players are helpful, but they will rip your play to shreds.

FluxWaveZ

It's not that Dustloop being awesome is a fantasy of mine; the backstory is a bit more complicated.

In short: I was on the Giant Bomb team in the GB vs. GFAQs P4A tournament and GFAQs won. Feeling that they were awesome, there was a GFAQs vs. Dustloop tournament. I was on the DL team and when it came to the final, deciding match my team lost again.

GFAQs decided to challenge some other community that I don't even remember that included known players like Brkrdave. I was part of the GFAQs team and my team lost.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just watched some of the archive. WTH were those Yu players thinking lol

There's like no knowledge of frame advantage or oki.

Rhapsody

Banned
P4A Rhapsody (1) - Roebear (3)

GGs. Finally downloaded way too late. Disappointed I lost to tactics like that, but lesson learned.

Uncle AJ

P4A: 3-1 over Omnix.

GGs. I have to play so patient against Liz, just staying calm is always the hardest part.

Also I lucked out with that Gold Burst in the last round; gave me enough meter to finish you off before you got your Burst back.

P4A: 3-1 over Omnix.

GGs. I have to play so patient against Liz, just staying calm is always the hardest part.

Also I lucked out with that Gold Burst in the last round; gave me enough meter to finish you off before you got your Burst back.

GGs. I don't think I ever recovered from that loss to Flux. I've been doing dumb stuff that I know better than doing against everyone since then. Either that or I've just gotten terribad all of a sudden. Shoutouts to me losing to Chie all day every day. I can not win this matchup no matter who I use :'(

Uncle AJ

GGs. I don't think I ever recovered from that loss to Flux. I've been doing dumb stuff that I know better than doing against everyone since then. Either that or I've just gotten terribad all of a sudden. Shoutouts to me losing to Chie all day every day. I can not win this matchup no matter who I use :'(

I don't know what the popular opinion is these days, but that matchup is NOT free for Chie. Liz is very good at limiting Chie's options from anywhere other than close range, and even in close range, Chie has to be weary of her multiple escape options (DP, Quick Escape, 2B, Mind Charge > confirm situation > punish, etc.) It's when Chie gets to run the 5D oki game that Liz's life becomes sad, but I feel she has to work harder to get that setplay going against Liz than any other character.

Check out this FT10 between Bace and OmniSScythe (set starts around 1:07:22) to get an idea of how badly Chie can get slaughtered.

http://www.twitch.tv/ehrikirhe/b/449874765

I don't know what the popular opinion is these days, but that matchup is NOT free for Chie. Liz is very good at limiting Chie's options from anywhere other than close range, and even in close range, Chie has to be weary of her multiple escape options (DP, Quick Escape, 2B, Mind Charge > confirm situation > punish, etc.) It's when Chie gets to run the 5D oki game that Liz's life becomes sad, but I feel she has to work harder to get that setplay going against Liz than any other character.

Check out this FT10 between Bace and OmniSScythe (set starts around 1:07:22) to get an idea of how badly Chie can get slaughtered.

http://www.twitch.tv/ehrikirhe/b/449874765

Already saw it, haha. The matchup isn't free for Chie, but I still feel it's in her favor. I didn't play the matchup, though. Was mostly auto-piloting my mixup/oki which was the reason I got blown up so badly. I was missing a lot of punishes as well (not sure whether I was dropping inputs or just completely mistiming things). I was dropping my j.A punishes every single time I had a good read, and that's definitely not a good thing.

P4A

this one went exactly as I expected lol

Canti. (4) vs me (0)

GG's man, I gotta learn to respect the Kanji matchup a little better lol

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs. I haven't played a single Rachel since CT, so I was kinda surprised at half the stuff I was doing.

Most of my matchup knowledge of Bang came from CT, so we're kinda the same. CS1 I just kept getting rocked by Bang and Litchi so I kinda stopped playing extensively since then lol. Those dark days of CS1.

I know I played lame, but it's so risky to set things up until in neutral unless Bang is out of nails. You were mostly where I didn't want you to be lol

Busaiku

I'm gonna guess it's because there isn't as many entrants in it as Persona. Guilty Gear has less than Persona and is also ending at 8

Yes, this is why.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + has the same number of rounds as BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, but is ending 4 days later since I extended one of the rounds, due to the problems with the Japanese version and North American version being incompatible with the patch.

RoeBear

BB
Me (4) vs. Gravitypenguin (0)

Good games, shame about those lag spikes on the last two matches. You were blocking all of my stuff so I had to do some scrubby throws. I've realized in this tournament that P4A has made me lazy about barrier blocking.

BB
Me (4) vs. Gravitypenguin (0)

Good games, shame about those lag spikes on the last two matches. You were blocking all of my stuff so I had to do some scrubby throws. I've realized in this tournament that P4A has made me lazy about barrier blocking.

GGs. Lag wasn't anything unbearable. More salty I didn't tech any of the throws :)

Top Bottom