• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Yeah, I've been pretty lucky and pleased with my matches' connections so far except the last two.

It's real hard to have to resort to mashing out inputs in a futile attempt to get them to work, but even harder watching your opponent drop theirs.

Apologies again to both Qis and Twilt- wish our matches could have been smoother.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, I've been pretty lucky and pleased with my matches' connections so far except the last two.

It's real hard to have to resort to mashing out inputs in a futile attempt to get them to work, but even harder watching your opponent drop theirs.

Apologies again to both Qis and Twilt- wish our matches could have been smoother.
lol Dropping inputs with Ky is the worst feeling in the world.

Busaiku

Remember, if you cannot get a hold of your opponent, you must contact me and let me know.
If I don't hear from either of you, nobody gets the round.

Naite

0-4 QisTopTier in P4A

2-2 bagandscalpel in GG, which is kinda a tiny fluke because the games after that went like 1-17.

GGs. I really wanted to learned the Faust matchup. Your throw game is probably the thing that fucked me up the most because that's part of my game but you land it way better than me.

I was starting to get traumatized by all the items that at one point I mistook the birds in the background for one of your items.

RoeBear

BB
Canti (1) vs Me (3)

Good matches I was nervous as hell. I had been trying to watch out for Ragna's DP the whole day but I only got one real punish on you and you had that burst ready.

I feel so lame playing Relius, he doesn't have diverse tools in Extend compared to CP. I realize I do all the same combos but making it cooler and flashier only adds like 200 dmg to a combo tops so it's not really worth it for me especially if there's lag.

Canti.

RoeBear(3)-(1)Canti in BB
GGs
Relius seem like a fun character to use, I love that super set-up where I'm force to block like three mix-up.

RoeBear

RoeBear(3)-(1)Canti in BB
GGs
Relius seem like a fun character to use, I love that super set-up where I'm force to block like three mix-up.

I used to never do that one, but playing Fugu and seeing how he uses Litchi's super set up like that I decided to copy him :)

Rhapsody

Banned
j.C is the better overhead. I feel like Teddy with the lack of a good overhead, with Relius.

Yeah. I just feel like EX Relius just needed more/better tools. It's like his gameplan is to scare you into making bad decisions, but he just doesn't get much of a reward when he finally does : /

RoeBear

Yeah. I just feel like EX Relius just needed more/better tools. It's like his gameplan is to scare you into making bad decisions, but he just doesn't get much of a reward when he finally does : /

Vol Tedo is probably the only thing I really love about him in EX, as it can get someone hopping back, or teching in the wrong direction an easy 2400 dmg.

Fugu

j.C is the better overhead. I feel like Teddy with the lack of a good overhead, with Relius.
Oh come on. Relius doesn't have a good overhead because he'd be straight up imbalanced with one in his current state. Relius can begin pressuring most characters from full screen and has about a billion ways to punish bad decisions made during blockstrings; his mixup being heavily weighted towards lows is basically the only thing that keeps it fair.

TWILT

Banned
I hate to be -that- guy, but I got a bit of bad news. Internet at my house is down right now (I'm posting this from work), and I have no idea when I'll get it back. Hopefully this is a temporary thing, and I can have my matches done by tomorrow, but if not, if I end up holding up matches, feel free to DQ me for this round. My most sincere apologies on my part.

RoeBear

I hate to be -that- guy, but I got a bit of bad news. Internet at my house is down right now (I'm posting this from work), and I have no idea when I'll get it back. Hopefully this is a temporary thing, and I can have my matches done by tomorrow, but if not, if I end up holding up matches, feel free to DQ me for this round. My most sincere apologies on my part.

Even if you don't get your net all figured out you can use your make ups. So long as you get it fixed before the end of the next round that is.

Joule

We're playing in Guilty Gear so let me know when things work out. If it's pass the round period I can use my make up match option whenever you're ready to go. I would rather play the match than take the DQ.

----

Octavion Rex is my next opponent in P4A but he's dropped out of the tournament right?

Naite

Fugu beat me 3-1 in BB.

GGs. Some sloppy drops aside, that went better for me that I expected. Not sure why I kept thinking Bang had Slayer's 5P.

BlazBlue

gravitypenguin vs Raphsody: 1-3

That was alot of fun, I feel like I could have evened it out 2-2 if I choked a few fewer things, but you def had the more solid combos on your Rachel :D

Rhapsody

Banned
BlazBlue

gravitypenguin vs Raphsody: 1-3

That was alot of fun, I feel like I could have evened it out 2-2 if I choked a few fewer things, but you def had the more solid combos on your Rachel :D

GGs. Connection was great too. I was nervous since our whole set felt way too close on most of the rounds, haha.

Today's the last day for Round 9 of persona right? I might need to use my makeup match for this round since the Divekick tournament starts tonight and I haven't been able to play gibraiton yet.

Busaiku

A bunch of you still have yet to play your Persona 4 Arena round 9 matches.
I'm sending out the PMs, but you're still responsible for it even if I forget to send them out.

A bunch of you still have yet to play your Persona 4 Arena round 9 matches.
I'm sending out the PMs, but you're still responsible for it even if I forget to send them out.

supposedly im playing my match today. He said he wasn't available till today at 8pst+

Rhapsody

Banned
P4A Rhapsody (3) - Omnix (1)

GGs. I feel like I was lucky enough to remember your tendencies from our friendlies that one day. Although if this was a long set, I'm not sure if I could keep the lead since it's so momentum based each round. I also got nervous after missing that Raging Lion into OMB.

Playing you makes me want to go back to Liz again.

P4A Rhapsody (3) - Omnix (1)

GGs. I feel like I was lucky enough to remember your tendencies from our friendlies that one day. Although if this was a long set, I'm not sure if I could keep the lead since it's so momentum based each round. I also got nervous after missing that Raging Lion into OMB.

Playing you makes me want to go back to Liz again.

You definitely picked up on all of my bad habbits...a little too quickly. I didn't expect everything I did to be so fresh in your mind. I wasn't ready for the DPs at all (no one ever did that to me up until I played Flux last round). I had no idea that blew up so much of my stuff. I'm sad b/c of my performance, but it's better to know this now than later at a major tournament. GGs, Rhapsody.

...Yu's oki still dumb though *runs away even though he used to main Yu*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Omnix let me know when you want to play our BB matches :D

As for GG I wont be able to play anyone with the american version of the game until the first when I get payed :/

Unless the obvious work around happens and I dont expect anyone to do that for me.

Rhapsody

Banned
You definitely picked up on all of my bad habbits...a little too quickly. I didn't expect everything I did to be so fresh in your mind. I wasn't ready for the DPs at all (no one ever did that to me up until I played Flux last round). I had no idea that blew up so much of my stuff. I'm sad b/c of my performance, but it's better to know this now than later at a major tournament. GGs, Rhapsody.

...Yu's oki still dumb though *runs away even though he used to main Yu*

Yeah. I feel like Yu owns the matchup. DP is like his best answer against an airborne Liz. Then there's also the fact that Ziodyne practically makes all of Liz's pressure crumble whenever he sees some sort of start up : /

I can play right now if you want. I'll just go warm up.

Rhapsody said:
Yeah. I feel like Yu owns the matchup. DP is like his best answer against an airborne Liz. Then there's also the fact that Ziodyne practically makes all of Liz's pressure crumble whenever he sees some sort of start up : /

I honestly don't think Yu dominates in the matchup, I just think there were a lot of things I wasn't looking out for even though I should have been. Like I said, until this tournament, I didn't encounter any players that made me respect their DP at all times. I'm getting too lax with my approach and going wild and should be more cautious.

Busaiku

As for GG I wont be able to play anyone with the american version of the game until the first when I get payed :/

Unless the obvious work around happens and I dont expect anyone to do that for me.

If your opponent does not contact me and notify me of their status (whether they have the NA version or not) and I can verify it, I will give you the round.

Same goes for anyone that hast the JPN version and does contact me.
Every round I will go under the assumption that each opponent is able to play each other until I'm notified otherwise.

gibration

Round 9 of Persona 4 Arena

gibration(1) vs Orpheus Telos(3)

GGs. A thing i'm noticing is how much i'm starting to dislike this game the more I play it. If only moves with armor just went away.

BB

Me vs QisTopTier: 3-1

GGs. I got a bunch of 5A AA trades which kind of made me laugh. I feel like I was doing 5A too late and getting caught for it. You seemed to be more consistent with your combos at the end as well. I'd play you some more some time if you were up for it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BB

Me vs QisTopTier: 3-1

GGs. I got a bunch of 5A AA trades which kind of made me laugh. I feel like I was doing 5A too late and getting caught for it. You seemed to be more consistent with your combos at the end as well. I'd play you some more some time if you were up for it.

It wasn't so much consistency as the game not dropping inputs xD

Yeah I'll be down to play more next week starting monday :p

Uncle AJ

P4A: 4-0 over SolarKnight

Really good GGs there, most of those were very close. Losing that last match was a heartbreaker though. :/

Haha, yeah, the connection was also relatively good (compared to 90% of my other matches) so that's another good thing about those matches. Let's play again some other time.

Onemic

P4A

0 - 4 vs Canti

ggs

Ummm ya...you or flux are definitely winning this whole thing. I swear mitsuru has 0 options on wakeup against kanji and is just a Russian Roulette. Of course there's short hop, but that can easily be baited out....

P4A

0 - 4 vs Canti

ggs

Ummm ya...you or flux are definitely winning this whole thing. I swear mitsuru has 0 options on wakeup against kanji and is just a Russian Roulette. Of course there's short hop, but that can easily be baited out....

It's not a Mitsuru specific thing. Almost everyone has to respect Kanji's oki...and guess (as DP is still a gamble at times). The matchup is heavily in your favor, so I'd like to know what other problems you ran into against Canti. I know that can't be the only thing.

Canti.

P4A

0 - 4 vs Canti

ggs

Ummm ya...you or flux are definitely winning this whole thing. I swear mitsuru has 0 options on wakeup against kanji and is just a Russian Roulette.Of course there's short hop, but that can easily be baited out....
GGs Felt like you was getting better at the match up as the match went by.
I'm pretty sure Flux won already unless someone upset him (I doubt it).
Kanji oki game is basically rock,paper scissor but if I guess wrong Kanji goes back to neutral game where half the cast can just fuck him over.

Top Bottom