• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

Tigress

You don't get how someone can be upset that they're not getting content that's already on the disc they paid for?

Ok, are you also upset when some one paid more for the Special Edition and got more stuff? Because double dippers did pay more for the game in the end.

I don't get why people are upset. You got to not pay twice for the game. You get to experience it for the first time in much better quality, with more things than if you just went for the previous gen version (Cause there is some stuff you have access to that wasn't on the previous gen).

All these things you get that people who bought before don't (and yes, I am jealous of those getting to play this for the first time on this version. At the time I didn't think it was a sure fire thing that PS4 would get it so I decided wasn't worth waiting for the chance it was. I would have waited if I had known it was coming to PS4).

Honestly, I think it's nice they are at least throwing those who are double dipping a bone. A bone I might mention that those who aren't could easily circumvent and get the stuff anyways! Go borrow some one's PS3 and copy of the game, play it online for a short bit, register with social club, and voila! Hell, buy an old PS3 off of craigslist, buy a used copy of GTA (I found one for 20 bux with some patience on Ebay after I traded mine and still got too impatient for the PS4 version and that was not shortly before the PS4 version), play it. Then sell the PS3 off (and the game). If it is that upsetting to you, it's not hard to circumvent and still get the bonus's. Or, as other people have said, wait cause most people seem sure this won't stay exclusive.

Lol then my point was right, you weren't going to be buying anyway, but you want to argue about something that wouldn't affect you. There is no issue with waiting for the GOTY edition, it's smart financially. My point was, you were arguing without ever having the intent to purchase at launch in the first place.

What part of "I CANNOT PURCHASE AT LAUNCH BECAUSE IT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY AT LAUNCH" is the part you are having problems understanding?

AmyS

Need a new wallpaper? Rockstar has updated the screenshots page :)

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/screenshots

887-1280.jpg

You don't get how someone can be upset that they're not getting content that's already on the disc they paid for?

I will be buying the game twice. You don't get that? Rockstar is pretty much saying, "Hey...thanks for supporting us last gen. Here's something." Are people pissed when people pay more for preorder bonuses or collectors editions and they get more content that is on the disc?

Aske

First of all, to assume IGN/EA's way of thinking is somehow tied to the idea you can't reward loyalty for early adapters, which is something that countless of companies do across all industries, when asking players to re-buy the same thing, is just downright juvenille. EA has thousands of employees, many who are just hard working people who don't make choices, and who may, or may not disagree with their marketing and content distribution. It's silly to look at this like some black/white thing.

IGN/EA like to throw the "entitlement" label at people expressing a legitimate dissatisfaction with a product; just like you did. Don't worry, I won't protest in the streets. I'm just less interested in buying the game.

Secondly, "make the pill easier to swallow" is an inane statement considering how over-loaded the game already is with vehicles.

Oh buddy... : (

You really can't see it's a harder pillow to swallow to go out a re-purchase a game that is basically the same with improvements, than first timers?

None of these things are things the game needs. It's already overloaded with stuff, that it's barely a footnote. To me this just reads like bland entitlement. You don't need to have everything.

...Bless.

I will be buying the game twice. You don't get that? Are people pissed when people pay more for preorder bonuses or collectors editions and they get more content that is on the disc?

This isn't the same though.
This is people who buy the DVD AND the BluRay edition getting extras in the BluRay edition that other people who buy the exact same BluRay edition don't get.

It shouldn't matter if you bought the DVD version or not if the BluRay edition is the "definitive" one.

Normal people don't buy the DVD version AND the BluRay version in the first place.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I'm stunned at people who are unable to understand why players who waited for a next gen version are upset at gated off content. I mean seriously?

What does R* gain by holding the content off for NEW to the game players. What does giving it to folks without past-gen experience with GTAV do to diminish the value to those who did OTHER than the ability to say "I have this thing that you do not. . ." A weapon for MP GTAOnline I could see. However single player content - what's the point?

Briarios

I'm stunned at people who are unable to understand why players who waited for a next gen version are upset at gated off content. I mean seriously?

What does R* gain by holding the content off for NEW to the game players. What does giving it to folks without past-gen experience with GTAV do to diminish the value to those who did OTHER than the ability to say "I have this thing that you do not. . ." A weapon for MP GTAOnline I could see. However single player content - what's the point?

I'm asking this again, because everyone seems to be ignoring it: where did Rockstar say it was on the disc? It may just be day one DLC for returning players -- usually, that's how it's done.

If it's not on disc, is everyone ok, then?

Tigress

I can understand being upset. I can't understand acting like Rockstar is being evil for it though. Yes, it sucks and I'm sure you want the stuff.

But to act like this is like some horrible thing Rockstar is doing, yeah. Sorry, don't see it. Rockstar is trying to throw a bone to those that already played the game and are buying it again. And yes, the reason why so is they don't want to reduce the price of the game (so we get to pay full price for it again).

Oh, and for people who bitch about, "Why should it matter if others have it?" Psychology (works with animals too honestly). Things are cherished more if they are something not everyone has. Why else do you think collector's get all excited to have some rare piece in their collection that no one else has? Why are things prized more when they are rare or one of a kind? It's honestly human nature. Logically, you're right. But human nature (and animals too, watch dogs at a dog park with toys) tend to prize things more if it is something that is rare and not everyone has. Hell, look at how many people now scoff at the Pegassi Zenterno cause everyone has one (I see so many complaints that it should have been more expensive or some other hoop to make it harder to have).

I'm asking this again, because everyone seems to be ignoring it: where did Rockstar say it was on the disc? It may just be day one DLC for returning players -- usually, that's how it's done.

If it's not on disc, is everyone ok, then?

And if so, why does it matter if it is on the disc or not? I'm curious why that makes it angering.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Good question, I'm holding on to my PS3 disc until we get further clarification. Regardless, my PS4 preorder is paid off, I've purposefully not touched the old-gen version in months to get things fresh again in my head - I can't wait until mid November. Thanks for the extra goodies, R*!

bud23

Do I get to keep my Special Edition shit?

Yeah.

What about the exclusive in-game content I originally received for purchasing the PS3 or Xbox 360 Special Edition or Collectors Edition last year? Will I be able to access that content on PS4, Xbox One or PC?

Yes, if you purchased the Special Edition or the Collector’s Edition last year, when you upgrade to one of the new systems, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible.Those in-game bonuses include the Stunt Plane Trials, Bonus Outfits and Tattoos, and the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer all for Story Mode use; as well as the Custom Classic GTA Parent Characters and the high-end Khamelion electric car for GTA Online. Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade).

This isn't the same though.
This is people who buy the DVD AND the BluRay edition getting extras in the BluRay edition that other people who buy the exact same BluRay edition don't get.

It shouldn't matter if you bought the DVD version or not if the BluRay edition is the "definitive" one.

Normal people don't buy the DVD version AND the BluRay version in the first place.

Movies aren't the same as games though. Personally I spent a shit ton of time in progressing to 100% through GTA V Single Player and Online. Yes, I am glad to see that Rockstar is giving me something for the tons of hours I spent playing the last gen version.

I have the 360 version. Will I be able to buy the PS4 version and get the extra goodies?

You will be able to transfer to any new version of the game.

Briarios

Do I get to keep my Special Edition shit?

Yes -- from Rockstar:

What about the exclusive in-game content I originally received for purchasing the PS3 or Xbox 360 Special Edition or Collectors Edition last year? Will I be able to access that content on PS4, Xbox One or PC?
Yes, if you purchased the Special Edition or the Collector’s Edition last year, when you upgrade to one of the new systems, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible. Those in-game bonuses include the Stunt Plane Trials, Bonus Outfits and Tattoos, and the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer all for Story Mode use; as well as the Custom Classic GTA Parent Characters and the high-end Khamelion electric car for GTA Online. Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade).

OK you waited, cool. Some people didn't and will be spending $120.

They are saying thank you to fans for purchasing their game twice...........it's not really hard to understand? GTAV is a huge game, there are a ton of things to be done. Being mad about a few extras for returning fans just boggles my mind. This is the strangest thread I've been in, in some time.

GlamFM

Banned

They are saying thank you to fans for purchasing their game twice...........it's not really hard to understand? GTAV is a huge game, there are a ton of things to be done. Being mad about a few extras for returning fans just boggles my mind. This is the strangest thread I've been in, in some time.

QFT

Nope. Was going to pick it up at launch; now I won't bother.

Fans of GTA 4 probably don't understand...For someone who felt the last game was a waste of time and money, GTAV is just another videogame. I hear it's better than the last one, and I'd like to play it. But I don't like supporting publishers who withhold on-disc content. I'm not annoyed that they're rewarding fans; I'm annoyed they're doing it by punishing newcomers. It's entirely possible to do one without doing the other.

And no, I'm not going to jump through a bunch of hoops to unlock the content. I'll just play something else.

You sure this is on disc content? Pretty sure this will all be delivered via a digital download like all of the GTA Online content that's been released since last October. Even if it was a day 1 digital download for people who owned the previous game, it won't change anything for anybody else. It's a reward for people who double dipped. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

And it's also a PC game. There wasn't an old PC version for this to upgrade to. So this completely 100% favors console-only people.

BibiMaghoo

People really have an issue with not getting the bonus stuff when they didn't buy the last gen version of the game? Really?

I guess I should be enraged that I don't get every pre-order bonus when I just stroll into a store and buy a game after release. Or maybe I should start a petition about how angry I am that I don't get all the special edition pin junk when I buy a standard version of a game.

For real, people that get this stuff bought the game twice. I'll get on that petition now, hopefully it takes off and we can stop people that spent twice as much money being rewarded in a mostly insignificant way. That would definitely be fair.

Aske

Movies aren't the same as games though. Personally I spent a shit ton of time in progressing to 100% through GTA V Single Player and Online. Yes, I am glad to see that Rockstar is giving me something for the tons of hours I spent playing the last gen.

Of course you are!

Are you also happy that newcomers won't be able to access that content? Because that's what this thread is about.

Briarios

And it's also a PC game. There wasn't an old PC version for this to upgrade to. So this completely 100% favors console-only people.

True, but, let's be honest -- the PC people are going to get much cooler mods than anything in this content pack. I know it's not the same, but it's going to be the version with the much longer legs. And, as has been said, I'm sure it will be available for sale in a DLC pack.

True, but, let's be honest -- the PC people are going to get much cooler mods than anything in this content pack. I know it's not the same, but it's going to be the version with the much longer legs. And, as has been said, I'm sure it will be available for sale in a DLC pack.

The fact that this preorder crap exists is almost a guarantee that R* are going to be locking the game down to prevent mods, because "Unlock gated content" would be a day one mod.

EDIT:
Newcomers are going to be playing the same content I did when I first played the game last gen. Seems fair.

They just had to wait over a year to do so because reasons.
"It's about rewarding customer loyalty!"

cackhyena

If I signed in to my live account on a friends system with his game and played the first mission, would that count? Is that doable? I don't have a live sub anymore.

Syncytia

Jesus, how is this a huge issue? People not buying the game because they're giving something free to those who already bought the game and are buying again? Get a grip y'all.

Actually I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

Also an incentive for those who are double dipping; something to make people want to play again besides just a graphical upgrade.

dreamfall

If I signed in to my live account on a friends system with his game and played the first mission, would that count? Is that doable? I don't have a live sub anymore.

Check your Rockstar Social Club account- if there are online statistics, it'll definitely count for the transfer.

Aske

You sure this is on disc content? Pretty sure this will all be delivered via a digital download like all of the GTA Online content that's been released since last October.

It doesn't matter: Rockstar is presenting it as exclusive content in the game, day 1 that a large subset of consumers do not have access to.

I'll say it again; the issue is not that there's a loyalty reward. If it was a discount on the game, I wouldn't care - because we'd all be enjoying the same gameplay experience together. It's not. It's a chunk of content that is being withheld from other players.

Briarios

The fact that this preorder crap exists is almost a guarantee that R* are going to be locking the game down to prevent mods, because "Unlock gated content" would be a day one mod.

EDIT:

Why do you keep assuming it's on the disc and not DLC?

I have a feeling Rockstar is going to have a few surprises for us when we finally get our copies.

The "Enhanced damage" effect better mean RDR, and MP3 type bullet wounds and what not though.

dreamfall

I have a feeling Rockstar is going to have a few surprises for us when we finally get our copies.

The "Enhanced damage" effect better mean RDR, and MP3 type bullet wounds and what not though.

I bet. I hope so, they're being coy with the technical info. Which is fine by me.

Top Bottom