• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

So how will my PS4 copy recognize that I had a Collector's Edition of GTAV on PS3?

All the content had to be downloaded online through your linked social club account. It SHOULD all be linked to that. Fingers crossed, release day i'd wager is going to be a cluster fuck. I'm sure eventually it will all be working properly.

The reward isn't the problem. Last gen players are getting a different game to new players from day 1. This isn't a handful of skins, it's a significant chunk of content.

Now, if it was all released a few months later as DLC that double-dippers got for free, I'd be fine with that. We'd all be enjoying the same experience, and new players wouldn't have had to settle for an inferior version of the game.

It's not a significant chunk of content. This is pretty on par with any of the monthly releases to GTA Online over the last 12 months... A new car, new plane, new gun. The only "sizeable" addition is the noir missions, but for those who haven't played GTAV, these side missions are very, very minor, and this looks to be one of about 60 "Stranger and Freaks" missions.

The stock car, monster truck, and Dodo are basically reskins. There's already a monster truck that was released in GTAO in July, the stock car is a skinned race car but with new decals on it, the Dodo is a new model but looks pretty similar to the Mammatus, and it can land on water.

*edit*

Also, if you anybody has a 360, I'd be happy to share my copy of the game (assuming we can do that?) so that you can use it for a few hours, beat the first mission, and then mail it back to me. Just as long as you mail it back to me :)

BibiMaghoo

The reward isn't the problem. Last gen players are getting a different game to new players from day 1. This isn't a handful of skins, it's a significant chunk of content.

Now, if it was all released a few months later as DLC that double-dippers got for free, I'd be fine with that. We'd all be enjoying the same experience, and new players wouldn't have had to settle for an inferior version of the game.

How is it a "significant chunk of content" ?

6 vehicles
2 weapons (1 with a shooting range challenge)
3 'collectable' missions, one of which is taking photos...

I wouldn't call that a chunk, or significant. They are akin to any game with pre-order bonuses.

UrbanRats

6 vehicles

I wouldn't call that a chunk, or significant. They are akin to any game with pre-order bonuses.

Actually, some of those are available to everyone (like the mission about taking photos).

Randam

I'd feel punished for buying the previous one if I didn't get something from buying the new one.
As you should. I wouldn't buy it again, had I already played it on my PS3.

Make it cheaper for the once who already have the Ps3 version. I would be OK with that.
But this is stupid.

What about people who didn't even have a ps360?
Pc and or nintendo player?
Or people who weren't old enough to play it last year?

Fjordson

Hmm. Little weird it's only for returning players, though this is pretty insignificant within the overall massive package that is GTA V.

LoveCake

Well i have brought it again for my X1, i had the collectors edition for my X360 so i'm a sucker for GTA games -_-

This isn't really a significant amount. A couple of new guns, a couple new cars, a couple new side missions (and if they're anything like the side missions already in the game, you aren't missing much but a boring collectathon and maybe a cutscene), new outfits, and a new sub you'll probably use once. This content isn't really much to get out of shape over. It's just a little bonus. The game is packed full of content, this is really, really minor.

6 vehicles

well to be fair they did leave stuff out of this anoucement and said they want people to discover some surprises in the game on gameday regarding content.

Bit of a kicker for PC only gamers since they are not able to "return to GTA 5". So there will be no way for PC gamers to access this content "legally". Ah well Rockstar treating PC gamers and the PC platform with utter contempt yet again, now there is a surprise.

for those with special editions

XyWPRBT.png

also i dont get the posters here mad that double/triple dippers are getting some extra dlc, if i could choose i would have liked a huge discount since i purchased the digital version but im ok with the extra dlc for buying the game again.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I may just redbox the PS3 version for a few hours. But I also want to go into the game on PS4 without having tried it on PS3... what to do.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
They just had to wait over a year to do so because reasons."It's about rewarding customer loyalty!"

They had to wait over a year because they chose not to buy it on the platforms that were available. The developer cant take responsibility for the fact that somebody couldnt afford/didnt want to pay money for a console/ their game. This is what people mean by entitlement, you act as if they OWE you something. They dont owe anyone a PC port, they are the content creators, they have spent tons of money and manpower to make their game. With the amount of content and quality in this game, 60 dollars is fantastic value, even without this "thank you" pack. This is consumerism and content gluttony taken too far, in my opinion.

They had to wait over a year because they chose not to buy it on the platforms that were available. The developer cant take responsibility for the fact that somebody couldnt afford/didnt want to pay money for a console/ their game. This is what people mean by entitlement, you act as if they OWE you something. They dont owe anyone a PC port, they are the content creators, they have spent tons of money and manpower to make their game. With the amount of content and quality in this game, 60 dollars is fantastic value, even without this "thank you" pack. This is consumerism and content gluttony taken too far, in my opinion.

Preach!

Hmm...Rockstar's answer to one of the questions has me a little concerned.

Can you only make the GTA Online character progress transfer once?
If I transfer my GTA Online character to the new systems, will I still be able to play with him/her on my PS3 or Xbox 360?

Yes, you will only be able to transfer your character once. After transferring your character to PS4, Xbox One or PC, you can continue playing with him/her on your PS3 or Xbox 360 but the progress you make while playing is not shared to the character you transferred to your new version.

I was actually planning on triple dipping this game, upgrading from the 360 copy to PS4 in November and then come late January picking up the PC version.

I guess this means I shouldn't transfer my old character to the PS4 version then just to be safe?

BibiMaghoo

I was actually planning on triple dipping this game, upgrading from the 360 copy to PS4 in November and then come late January picking up the PC version.

I guess this means I shouldn't transfer my old character to the PS4 version then just to be safe?

You can transfer it, but anything you do with that character after you have done so is not shared between platforms. So if after you transfer, you only play on PS4, then it makes no difference. If in a year you decide to go back and play the PS3 version, the stuff you did since the transfer will not be on that character.

Why is that concerning?

bud23

QFT

Quoted for truth. Thanks Glam FM!!

You can transfer it, but anything you do with that character after you have done so is not shared between platforms. So if after you transfer, you only play on PS4, then it makes no difference. If in a year you decide to go back and play the PS3 version, the stuff you did since the transfer will not be on that character.

Why is that concerning?

Because it starts by saying

Yes, you will only be able to transfer your character once

I think this means that you CAN transfer to other consoles. It's just that if you were to progress with the original character on x360/ps3 further you can't update again. It's not like a crossplay feature or something.

BibiMaghoo

Because it starts by saying

Yes, because once it has transferred, it doesn't update that transferred character again. The PS3 character will be at the point of transfer until you play it again on PS3. The PS4 character will be at the point of transfer, until you play it again on PS4.

The only issue with that I can see is that your online character is not cross platform, as in it doesn't update on each when you play on each after transfer.

Did you have in mind that after you did the transfer, you would often switch between console versions?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'll be curious to see if the digital versions suffer the same issues the digital version did last gen, stuttering/texture load issues as the game was made to stream from the HDD and the Disc at the same time.

The hard drives are still just as slow as they were last gen.

Will this work for people who buy the next gen versions way, way down the line (at least a few years)?

Also, what's stopping people from buying the current gen versions right now?

Content producers can be as picky and choosy as they want about what customers they want, obviously.

Just as customers can be as picky and choosy as they want about what content they purchase.

I choose not to reward this producer-driven policy by not purchasing their content at launch and at full price.

I'll be curious to see if the digital versions suffer the same issues the digital version did last gen, stuttering/texture load issues as the game was made to stream from the HDD and the Disc at the same time.

The hard drives are still just as slow as they were last gen.

Both next gen systems do full installs and dont read the disc after a initial disc check for all games now.

I would hope Rockstar has optimised the game for that set up instead of the HDD + Disc read set up last gen since it isnt a option now. For all purposes digital and retail should perform identically.

Just being able to load more of the game into the larger pool of RAM should help that issue I guess.

Did you have in mind that after you did the transfer, you would often switch between console versions?

I was going to upgrade from the PS4 version to the PC version in January. The rockstar guy said you can only transfer your character once, so I'm guessing that once that character has been transferred from 360 to PS4 that it would then be impossible to transfer that character to PC.

I know it's pretty weird to get the game on 3 different platforms, but I really love this damn game.

I was wondering the same. I can definitely see myself getting this on PC in 2015 or 2016 if I get a new gaming PC.

I think the transfer thing, initially, was to prevent the questions about transferring a GTAO player from Ps3 -> PS4 and then BACK to PS3, effectively making them interchangeable which could cause problems based on new content that's released on PS4 and not on PS3 (or X1 vs 360 if that's your thing).

From the descriptions it sounds like you're going to be able to move your PS3 character to EITHER X1, PS4, or PC, but not all three, or two of the three. I'm assuming this is a pretty big edge case, but if there's enough people, then I could see them allowing you to import any character to any platform *once* and then they effectively make two different characters.

What's interesting is that they DID explain you could not then port that PS4 character back to PS3, so it sounds as though you will have two separate characters basically as of November 18... The PS3 character, your PS4 character imported from PS3, and then those two will exist in paralell universes. If you go back to play PS3 version, you will play with the character you left off on the last time you played on PS3... from what it sounds like at least.

Top Bottom