• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Excuse me, Why is Sony Music claiming right over Xenoblade X OST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onimonkii

Banned
The Xenoblade X Original Soundtrack is a soundtrack album containing musical tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is composed by Hiroyuki Sawano. The album will be released through Defstar Records and Sony Music Marketing on May 20, 2015.

The soundtrack consists of four CDs and 55 tracks including the Bonus Disc.

Nanashrew

Banned
Might have been released under Sony Records. Sony Records is notorious for this stuff on YouTube. Xenoblade Chronicles X OST is also getting taken down left and right too.

EDIT: Oh, I misunderstood part of this. Yes, Xenoblade X's OST is under Sony's label because of Sawano.

Hexa

Might have been released under Sony Records. Sony Records is notorious for this stuff on YouTube. Xenoblade Chronicles X OST is also getting taken down left and right too.

EDIT: Oh, I misunderstood part of this. Yes, Xenoblade X's OST is under Sony's label because of Sawano.

If people are just putting up the songs then that's perfectly justifiable. Futile, but not really wrong ethically.

mStudios

People, I know Sony does more than Video game, you don't have to be so sarcastic. I was wondering if Sony owned the OST or not. Why is it so hard to understand this?

mrlion

This is a very good conspiracy, OP...maybe Sony is trying to take over Monolith Soft and they want Xenoblade X to be released on the PS2. They are starting with taking over all OSTs released then go from there. This is going to be yet another war between Nintendo and Sony only in an alternate universe where Nintendo won the console war in the N64 days and Sony failed to bring the PlayStation to consumers.

Indeed...this marks the day where the PlayStation 2 will rise and take over Nintendo's monopoly. The alternate universe where the PlayStation 2 has the same specs as the PS4 and its going against the juggernaut that is Nintendo.

Nanashrew

Banned
If people are just putting up the songs then that's perfectly justifiable. Futile, but not really wrong ethically.

I know. Sony is very thorough though. Look up Boom Boom Satellites on YouTube and you'll find pages of only their official channel or Sony Music Network. Though what annoys me is that SMN and the official channel is mostly just live stuff and most studio stuff get cut short purposefully.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
People, I know Sony does more than Video game, you don't have to be so sarcastic. I was wondering if Sony owned the OST or not. Why is it so hard to understand this?

Its like asking if it is ok to push a door that has a "push" label on it.

Raonak

Banned
Sony owns a lot of music labels. Not really to suprising.
Do Nintendo or Monolith Soft even publishing music?

Nintendo is PlayStation, and their next system is actually a PlayStation 1 collaboration with Xbox

N = PS
NX = PSX

NXt E3... we're going back to the future.

Neo Dark

Yeah... Sony does a lot of publishing in regards to music even if it's Nintendo's stuff. Even the music in the Japanese Pokemon series is published by Sony as of late. Guess Pokemon on its way to Playstation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom