• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expeditions: A MudRunner Game – World Premiere Reveal | Opening Night Live 2023

Embark on ever-rewarding scientific expeditions as you adapt to nature's challenges and unravel the mysteries of uncharted lands. Expeditions: A MudRunner Game is the new off-road adventure game developped by the experts of the genre, Saber Interactive.
The game will be released on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I tried snowrunnner for a little while but I just couldn’t see myself spending a sustained amount of time with this type of game. It is very grindy and I noticed some of the textures were not loading correctly on PS5 and that really bothered me. It is a really fun idea though and I like that saber are driving this genre forward, no pun intended.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
PS4? Xbox One? Switch?

denzel-washington-door.gif

StueyDuck

Glad to see games being inspired by death stranding.

Looks fun. But the spintyres games lose me after an hour

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get ready to embark on an ever-rewarding scientific journey!

Drive a variety of all-terrain vehicles through treacherous paths, utilizing advanced technologies and high-tech tools to overcome obstacles. Equip your vehicles with essential gadgets like drones or scanners to ensure success in the wild or use tools like metal detectors and camera drones to locate caches of valuable equipment. Build and manage your base, hire a team of top-notch experts to improve your skills, and unlock new possibilities for exploration.

Expeditions: A MudRunner Game will be released on March 5, 2024 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch & PC.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Are these games meant to just drive around and explore areas? I would be interested in one that has something like rescues where you have to go out and do specific things to try to rescue people. Did they make something like that?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Are these games meant to just drive around and explore areas? I would be interested in one that has something like rescues where you have to go out and do specific things to try to rescue people. Did they make something like that?
no peoples in these games , you do a lot of logging/rescuing vehicles/finding lost cargo and repair stuff in snow runner

nemiroff

Gold Member
PS4? Xbox One? Switch?

denzel-washington-door.gif
Yeah, I'd say it is indeed concerning considering its gameplay hinges on a common denominator physics engine that would shine on the much improved CPU performance of the PS5/XSX/PC.

There were a lot of shortcuts in the driving physics in Snowrunner that I hoped would be much improved in Expeditions. But I kinda lost hope after that announcement.

Some of the other improvements seems logical ans much needed tho.

SJRB

Gold Member

I love this video. No fluff, no "hey guys how's it going", just straight to the facts. Perfect summary.

This game looks neat. I've played quite a bit of Snowrunners but at some point the brutal diffculty got to me. Spending 50 minutes to reach a point only to fall over in the homestretch can only happen so much before you ragequit, I guess.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
I love this video. No fluff, no "hey guys how's it going", just straight to the facts. Perfect summary.

This game looks neat. I've played quite a bit of Snowrunners but at some point the brutal diffculty got to me. Spending 50 minutes to reach a point only to fall over in the homestretch can only happen so much before you ragequit, I guess.
the DLC vehicles added in later seasons make it manageable , like this thing , can go everywhere and is present in your garage for free
maxresdefault.jpg

StueyDuck

the "runner" games are so weird, i always watch the trailers and think they look dope. play the game and feel "wow this is cool" then literally 10 minutes later going "im bored now" and delete.

part of me really wants to enjoy these games but i just can't, it feels like there's something great there but they aren't making the game to suit those mechanics.

reminds me a little of that destruction all stars game on PS5, the mechanics and feel are there, but the game around all of it was pretty mediocre

StueyDuck

sounds like an AI voice which automatically makes me hate it.

i will watch however because the game piques my interest

I didnt know Ice T was a fan of snowrunner!

This game is looking awesome, Im a huge fan of the series. Some notes..
- still no compass nor spedometer in the hud? yet you know your rate of fuel consumption. ok..
-drone and binoculars feature is very welcome, hated not being able to look around direct surroundings (except photo mode)
-deployable anchor points and portable bridges should add entire new dimension of exploring & traversing

Although I am cautious it seems to be trending into kind of the Dirt5 of rallycross games, aka too arcadey and accessible. I prefer the grinding and sluggish progression of snowrunner because the delayed payoff is better. And the feeling of doom if you accidentally flip your cargo after a marathon haul across two maps, that intensity is wild. March 5 let's go!

mansoor1980

Gold Member
I didnt know Ice T was a fan of snowrunner!

This game is looking awesome, Im a huge fan of the series. Some notes..
- still no compass nor spedometer in the hud? yet you know your rate of fuel consumption. ok..
-drone and binoculars feature is very welcome, hated not being able to look around direct surroundings (except photo mode)
-deployable anchor points and portable bridges should add entire new dimension of exploring & traversing

Although I am cautious it seems to be trending into kind of the Dirt5 of rallycross games, aka too arcadey and accessible. I prefer the grinding and sluggish progression of snowrunner because the delayed payoff is better. And the feeling of doom if you accidentally flip your cargo after a marathon haul across two maps, that intensity is wild. March 5 let's go!
definitely him lol

playing_a_game.0.gif

xrnzaaas

This looks great, but I still haven't found enough time to play Snowrunner as much as I would've wanted. So it's likely I'll just buy it in a year or two.

the "runner" games are so weird, i always watch the trailers and think they look dope. play the game and feel "wow this is cool" then literally 10 minutes later going "im bored now" and delete.

part of me really wants to enjoy these games but i just can't, it feels like there's something great there but they aren't making the game to suit those mechanics.

reminds me a little of that destruction all stars game on PS5, the mechanics and feel are there, but the game around all of it was pretty mediocre
Yes the game is very non user friendly and takes a while for it to click. Its also cruel and frustrating. People have said its the Dark Souls of trucking sims. But this installment is looking more up your alley, and hopefully the multiplayer mode is completely overhauled because that was pretty crappy. I'll settle for a more scouting oriented mission structure instead of semi truck delivery if thats the case.

StueyDuck

Yes the game is very non user friendly and takes a while for it to click. Its also cruel and frustrating. People have said its the Dark Souls of trucking sims. But this installment is looking more up your alley, and hopefully the multiplayer mode is completely overhauled because that was pretty crappy. I'll settle for a more scouting oriented mission structure instead of semi truck delivery if thats the case.
It's very clearly aping from Death Stranding and i absolutely love death stranding so alot of what i am seeing is up my alley. I always wanted to try the runner games co-op but i just could never convince the lads.

Top Bottom