• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain your username

Orpheum

Back when i was creating my PSN account i couldn't come up with a name. Had a poster on my door from a Band with a couple of tour dates on it and one of the locations was called "Orpheum". Has been my online ID ever since

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It was for my first internet forum account (rest in peace PSG forum :( ) that I made shortly after watching the re-release of the Exorcist in the early 00s. Stuck to it ever since.

Ionian

catania soccer team (my city), so Wolf46.

Catania? Awesome, my ex was from there so have visited, crazy place and people. Loved it. First time I ever bothered to watch the Exorcist was in a cinema there, couldn't understand what was being said but still frightened the shit outta me.

My own username is just a random word I picked out of an old poetry book I had in school. Think it's an Island in the med, pretty boring.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'm a simple man. I like Merzbow. I like Bears. But also:

Thinking about changing it to MerzBowser though and getting an avatar of Bowser looking like Masami Akita with the hair and glasses.

Kev Kev

i dunno, just felt silly trying to come up with a cool/funny "screen name" (lol) that had a matching avatar to go with. i said fuck im just gonna use my name and my picture. kevin and Y2Kev were taken (lol jk jk), so i tried kev kev and that was it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Catania? Awesome, my ex was from there so have visited, crazy place and people. Loved it. First time I ever bothered to watch the Exorcist was in a cinema there, couldn't understand what was being said but still frightened the shit outta me.

My own username is just a random word I picked out of an old poetry book I had in school. Think it's an Island in the med, pretty boring.
yeah my city is kinda of a crazy place :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

haadim

Wanted a unique foreign sounding name that is guaranteed not taken already.... that i can remember easily. Thought I read somewhere 'Al-Haadimi' is an Arabic name. Since I hate hyphens and capitalization it became just haadim.

Pretty nonsensical actually

Kev Kev

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion.
tenor.gif

“I’ve fought in three campaigns,” he began. “In seven pitched battles. In countless raids and skirmishes and desperate defences, and bloody actions of every kind. I’ve fought in the driving snow, the blasting wind, the middle of the night. I’ve been fighting all my life, one enemy or another, one friend or another. I’ve known little else. I’ve seen men killed for a word, for a look, for nothing at all. A woman tried to stab me once for killing her husband, and I threw her down a well. And that’s far from the worst of it. Life used to be cheap as dirt to me. Cheaper.

“I’ve fought ten single combats and I won them all, but I fought on the wrong side and for all the wrong reasons. I’ve been ruthless, and brutal, and a coward. I’ve stabbed men in the back, burned them, drowned them, crushed them with rocks, killed them asleep, unarmed, or running away. I’ve run away myself more than once. I’ve pissed myself with fear. I’ve begged for my life. I’ve been wounded, often, and badly, and screamed and cried like a baby whose mother took her tit away. I’ve no doubt the world would be a better place if I’d been killed years ago, but I haven’t been, and I don’t know why.”

He looked down at his hands, pink and clean on the stone. “There are few men with more blood on their hands than me. None, that I know of. The Bloody-Nine they call me, my enemies, and there’s a lot of ’em. Always more enemies, and fewer friends. Blood gets you nothing but more blood. It follows me now, always, like my shadow, and like my shadow I can never be free of it. I should never be free of it. I’ve earned it. I’ve deserved it. I’ve sought it out. Such is my punishment.”

RaptorGTA

Applied to join PC clan for C&C Renegade but my current name looked like I was associated with another clan. Created this name based on the fact Raptors (as portrayed in Jurrasic Park) were smart and worked together. GTA was for Grand Theft Auto caused I like causing control chaos. I was young.

I can remember trying to use something from Empire Earth to make a new game...i suck at naming things.

buizel

Banned
Saw some hot Yuki Onna fanart and decided to take on the mantle. Also, I like Yokai and other JP Folklore.

Your name looks like it came out of sync-vid's user generated ones.

sounds like xbox live default user gen

xbox gives default names like 'adjective' + 'object' = ContentMongoose567, SadWaffle346, DramaticShark420, DistressedPeanut69

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
My original username on Brazilian gaming forums was gameta_de_porco, which translates to "the gamete of a pig", I used pork_gamete here for a while, but end up going back to GAMETA.

GAMETA is now my username in all forums I take part in.

It has no other meaning.

My original username on Brazilian gaming forums was gameta_de_porco, which translates to "the gamete of a pig", I used pork_gamete here for a while, but end up going back to GAMETA.

GAMETA is now my username in all forums I take part in.

It has no other meaning.
I kind of liked the "Pork"... :/

Fake

Was a Counter Strike 1.5 nickname from 2000, while my old nicknames was Mill and mill_master, both nicknames from my chars of Diablo 2. The ideia come from the fact I'm a twin( and still gemini sign) and the replica program.

I invented the term Fake before fake news became a thing.

Top Bottom