• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain your username

Paasei

Dutch for Easter egg. It is based on my last name, which is "Van Paassen", which would translate to "of Easter". Surprisingly it also fits the gaming scene knowing what easter eggs are in them.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
We made a joke CS clan back in the high school. I needed some nick. I went with easy choice by modifying my name which is Michal, to something more game-like. And here we are.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
sometimes dads make their signature delicious eggs for bfast.

but now i realize that the name could also be a reference to a dads testicles...soooooooo I need to change it
I was considering also making a thread of 'a new GAF name you would choose if you were to replace your current.' I decided it's better someone else make that thread. I like my thread reputation to stay solid and I'm afraid if I create that thread...we'll end up seeing half the forum changing their account names (which apparently many have already done recently).

My original choice for a GAF name was Koshigaya (a new I've used on different anime webpages since 2001 after seeing the anime movie BioHunter). I don't like to have too many accounts with the same name, so GAF is my only account with Happosai.

quickwhips

I once had a business selling turbos. We made intercoolers from CHINA. It was fun during the 2000s and I had fast Honda. The thing I hate about my name now is I think I'm the only one so there is no denying who I am on the internet. My Neogaf stalkers like ScarletSpider ScarletSpider worry me.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I'm uncircumcised 😐
giphy.gif

Kiwicha

Childhood dog, that was name after a cereal. After my dog died I started using its name as my profile name in halo, and all the friends I made playing halo 1 lan parties started calling me that, and it caught. I'll be Kiwicha forever to some people.

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
Well, it's pretty simple. I am thankful to my parents for what I have. Our family is not rich at all, mostly just your typical above-average and in-debt family. But I can appreciate that I am probably better than some or most people in certain parts of the world. Thus my username.

PaNaMa

Banned
#vidgames channel in IRC, from like 1993 or something. There were people over, someone was playing Van Halen. IRC prompted me for a nickname, and I chose the song that was playing.

So your name is based of a fake quote from a video game? ;)
Fake or not, it's not from a video game. Proof or not, that specific quote is what he's famous for.

https://www.courant.com/opinion/edi...d-nathan-hale-anniversary-20120921-story.html At the gallows he made a sensible and spirited speech; among other things, told them they were shedding the blood of the innocent, and that if he had ten thousand lives, he would lay them all down, if called to it, in defence of his injured, bleeding Country.

Last edited:

Uhtred

I was born into status as son of Ealdorman Uhtred, Lord of Bebbanburg, and raised to have hatred towards the surrounding kingdoms of Mercia, East Anglia, Wessex, Scotland and the Danes. I was originally called Osbertand the younger of Ealdorman Uhtred's sons. The name Uhtred was given always to the oldest son, but after my older brother was killed in a failed attack on the Danes, my name was changed to Uhtred.

if there are questions you have then ask, destiny is all!!

Last edited:

Tschumi

He's a favourite architect of mine, and i just think his name sounds cool. It was originally the name of my favourite WoW character, a hunter that i level'd very late in my wow career and built really well.

Other character names taken from architects: Wright, Shingo, Zumthor.

SliChillax

Sli for the Nvidia term of pairing two gpus, chillax cause you need to chill. Slichillax double chill. Doesn't sound that smart now that I'm 25, had this username since I was like 15.

Kenpachii

Some shitty show i used to watch when i was younger. Pure willpower kind of dude, reminded me of that other shitty show i watched naruto with that kid in green latex outfit that never gave up. They motivated me to push forwards in sports even if your legs are dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom