• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fair and Balanced (Performance): "Xbox One dominates PlayStation 4 in Black Friday c"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is that 3K number from?

Reported by others. One example: http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/30/microsofts-xbox-one-wins-early-sales-battle-on-black-friday/

"The survey was based on about 83,000 shopping receipts from about 3,000 people on Black Friday, which was about double the normal shopping trips that InfoScout tracks in a day. InfoScout’s mobile apps, Receipt Hog and Shoparoo, incentivize 125,000 Americans to submit pictures of their everyday shopping trips. The company processes this information and comes up with analyses within 24 hours of purchases."

Though they have increased that number in their website from 83,000 to 102,000. Of the 102K receipts, 1,500 included a console purchase.

Rhindle

Love these quotes from their "panel":

PlayStation 4

“Too much hype when Sony doesn’t produce enough”

“Expensive. Games are expensive.”

“It’s too high tech none if the older ps games will work with it and everything is way to expensive I think it’s more for the adults.”

“My oldest child wanted a playstation I have no opinion.”

Xbox One

“It’s the only system that has the game my kids want. I’m not happy about it.”

“Waiting to see the first ‘Must have game’”

NeoGash

Are PS4 games more expensive than XBone games?

PS4 over delivering on hype.

Sony developed games are more expensive than Microsoft games in Australia, $10 more usually. Sony do not like us down here that's for sure, but this is U.S only right? Seems strange, as well as the "too much hype" reason which is laughable.

Rhindle

Reported by others. One example: http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/30/microsofts-xbox-one-wins-early-sales-battle-on-black-friday/

"The survey was based on about 83,000 shopping receipts from about 3,000 people on Black Friday, which was about double the normal shopping trips that InfoScout tracks in a day. InfoScout’s mobile apps, Receipt Hog and Shoparoo, incentivize 125,000 Americans to submit pictures of their everyday shopping trips. The company processes this information and comes up with analyses within 24 hours of purchases."
That's incorrect. They apparently have different samples for different surveys. The 3,000 figure was from a different survey. The sample for this survey was:

Data methodology:

Of over 102k shopping receipts tracked by InfoScout on Black Friday, slightly over 1,500 included purchases of a gaming console or console game. The data includes purchases at all major retailers carrying electronics including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, RadioShack, and others.

UNCMark

Banned
Oh come on man. Do we really have to retread this console war stuff again?

Good sales in the gaming industry should be celebrated by gamers.

Read his post, then read mine. My post had nothing whatsoever to do with console wars. Just pointing out the inanity of blanket statements. "Omigod Americans are stupid because they don't buy what I buy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom