• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Florida doctor who ‘enhanced’ buttocks with cement gets 10 years Manslaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Fake Florida doctor who ‘enhanced' buttocks with cement, caulking gets 10 years for manslaughter

Oneal-Ron-Morris-court.jpg

From a Florida prison in November 2011, Shatarka Nuby penned a letter to the state's health department about her cosmetically enhanced buttocks.

Her rear end had hardened and turned black, she wrote. Side effects from the years-old injections left the mother of three feeling sick. And she claimed her surgeon — Oneal Ron Morris — was the same faux cosmetic doctor that police had arrested and accused of pumping a near-lethal formula of cement, mineral oil, bathroom caulking and Fix-a-Flat tire sealant into other women's bodies.

Her patients called her ”Duchess."

Officials began investigating and interviewed Nuby.

But four months later, she was dead.

The official cause of death was respiratory failure from ”massive systemic silicone migration" from injections to Nuby's buttocks and hips, according to the medical examiner.

Morris was charged with manslaughter and practicing medicine without a license in the summer of 2012, and last month pleaded no contest to both, reported the Sun Sentinel.

On Monday, a judge sentenced Morris to 10 years in prison and five years probation for her crimes.

”My daughter died the most inhuman death," Nuby's mother, Sherri Pitts, said at the hearing. ”Eighteen months she suffered not knowing the full of what put in her body."

For years in Florida, Morris's name — and posterior — have been widely reported and eventually made national headlines when photos of the woman surfaced. She reportedly used the same cut-rate cosmetic methods that sickened or killed others to inject her own hips and buttocks, leaving them abnormally large and misshapen.

During sentencing Monday, Morris repeatedly denied allegations that she intentionally hurt anyone and insisted that she had ”never ever, nor would dare ever" to inject ”any human with any type of unknown substance."

”I've been found guilty by the media and outside sources based on lies," Morris said.

In statements to the judge, Nuby's family and friends were emotional and even raised their voices at times, bickering loudly with Morris. They asked for a life sentence.

Other alleged victims were in the courtroom, reported CBS Miami, and told the judge they, too, became sick after Morris injected them with what they believed to be medical-grade silicone.

”You gave us your word that the products you was using was A-1 products. And come to find out they were not," Kisha Jones said. ”Maybe in the beginning, but greed really took over, because you was pocketing the money from every victim."

According to an arrest affidavit, Morris injected Nuby about 10 times between 2007 and 2011. The first procedure cost $2,000, documents show, and was witnessed by a friend. Nuby's young daughter witnessed another injection, according to the affidavit, when she peeked behind the bathroom door. The daughter said that Morris had a black suitcase with a needle and plastic wrap. She told investigators that Morris wrapped Nuby's buttocks with the plastic wrap and poked her ”in the butt with a needle."

The injections, another witness told investigators, were sealed with cotton balls and superglue.

Morris's attorneys have previously argued that there was no evidence that Fix-a-Flat or superglue was part of the woman's injection cocktail, and prosecutors emphasized in previous court hearings that they were never able to determine the contents either.

Morris's defense attorney, William Lanphear, said he disagreed with the prison sentence because his client's patients knew they weren't dealing with a licensed physician.

Trying to remember if this is the same person I read about a few years ago, but that may have been in the northeast. There is a very shady market for butt implants.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Hopefully this woman's story and her death serve to enlighten others considering cosmetic surgery, hopefully they'll exercise restraint or be given pause before they seek to enhance their bodies. I understand that Oneal Ron Morris wasn't a licensed physician and I'm not attempting to lump her and other, professional cosmetic surgeons together but we need to accept and be satisfied with the gifts we have received, no matter what their form.

The shit people do for fucking money. Manipulating and lying, damaging people and killing them. All because you want to make plastic surgeon money.

Nightbird

I had to read to read the title thrice to make sure i was reading right.

What kind of thought process leads someone to do such a horrible thing?

The puns in this thread for such an atrocity are truly assinine.

To be honest it's probably because GAF loves posting a ton of the most depressing, sadistic, and awful stories that comes up on news sites so people try to counter the constant depressing news with dark humour. It's a pretty common approach acting that way to bad news, especially if no one here was directly effected by it.

MUnited83

For you.
Morris’s defense attorney, William Lanphear, said he disagreed with the prison sentence because his client’s patients knew they weren’t dealing with a licensed physician
What kind of insanely stupid defense is this? Shit, should get even a couple extra years for practising without license.

zeemumu

Straight out of your nightmares of a dystopian future. Seriously that is fucked up what the fuck is wrong with that doctor.

There has never been a dystopian scenario to cross my mind that involved someone having their ass filled with cement. That's something I'd expect in a Looney Tunes cartoon. Cotton balls and superglue? CEMENT?! What the hell?!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What.

The.

Fuck?

Jeffrey

Wait so she wasn't hiding the fact that she was unlicensed?

Why would you trust a shady person to pump shit into your ass anyways?

It's not like it was super cheap either. $2000 a shot? If I'm putting that money down on anything, I'd be doing some research.

Obviously this guy is an evil shit for pretending to be a doctor and killing someone... but why are "butt injections" even a thing? What the fuck is wrong with our society that someone would pay thousands of dollars for a fake ass?

zeemumu

Obviously this guy is an evil shit for pretending to be a doctor and killing someone... but why are "butt injections" even a thing? What the fuck is wrong with our society that someone would pay thousands of dollars for a fake ass?

Altering yourself isn't really new. We just got new ways of doing it that don't (most of the time) ruin you forever.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The woman in those photos is the "doctor", and she is definitely worthy of being made fun of.

Such a Miami story. Crazy plastic surgery stuff like this is kind of common. All sorts of unlicensed people are doing plastic surgery procedures here, this seems to be an extreme case though.

Barzul

Florida is like a mecca for like surgical enhancements. Visiting South Florida was the first time I ever heard of the concept of plastic surgery insurance (lol). Butt enhancements especially are in high demand. And everyone is looking for a deal, you can see how situation like these happen wit unlicensed people performing procedures.

That's the doctor? Jesus, not a very good advert for her services.

I always find cosmetic surgery really grusome and think we will look back on this period in the future the way we look back aghast at 17/18th century medical practices.

God...who the fuck would look at the atrocity that is this woman's ass, pay her actual money and then say "okay, now make me look just like you"?

To be honest it's probably because GAF loves posting a ton of the most depressing, sadistic, and awful stories that comes up on news sites so people try to counter the constant depressing news with dark humour. It's a pretty common approach acting that way to bad news, especially if no one here was directly effected by it.

This has gotten especially bad over the last year, the last few months more so. Kinda makes me want to stop visiting OT since some of the stuff posted here leaves me laying in bed at night feeling terrible about the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom