• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake: Nintendo Dream: Next Monolith game for 3DS, 3rd In Series [*Fake*]

Fat Goron

My body is ready for Baten Kaitos III. <3

off-topic: OMG, would someone make a new thread about the announcement of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D? I'M DYING HERE!

We know BK 3 is in the works, but will it be for 3DS or Wii U? I think this is likely SRW:OG cause the other two did well, and they'll want a SRW franchise title on the 3DS.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mockingbird said:
We know BK 3 is in the works, but will it be for 3DS or Wii U? I think this is likely SRW:OG cause the other two did well, and they'll want a SRW franchise title on the 3DS.
We do?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Let me in said:
Probably talking about that artwork floating around which hints strongly at the BK franchise.
I don't think that confirms BK3 sadly. It only confirms Yasuyuki Honne is still working on another project.

So, if Monolith Soft is in fact developing another entry in the Baten Kaitos series. Would this game make it Nintendo IP since they are a second party studio? In some small way it would be interesting to see some small content from a Baten Kaitos game in the next Smash Bros. game. Not saying character, just some content.

squall23

No, it would still be Bamco IP wouldn't it? Just like the OG Saga games are made by Monolith but is a Bamco/Banpresto IP.

squall23

I'm almost doubting that it's OG Saga 3 because it's usually the Banpresto side that releases news of new SRW games whether they're off shoots or not.

Takao

Banned
[PS2] Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht (Namco) - 300,849 / 453,853
[PS2] Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose (Namco) - 183,614 / 256,412
[PS2] Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Bandai Namco) - 119,172 / 181,297
[PS2] Xenosaga Freaks (Namco) - 18,779 / 25,430
[PS2] Xenosaga Episode I: Reload (Namco) - 14,078 / 14,078
[NDS] Xenosaga I - II (Namco) - 11,225 / 21,597

[PS2] Namco x Capcom (Namco) - 85,427 / 131,615

[GCN] Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (Namco) - 47,060 / 108,615
[GCN] Baten Kaitos: Origins (Nintendo) - 12,348 / 44,297

[NDS] Soma Bringer (Nintendo) - 53,939 / 100,117

[NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Bandai Namco) - 90,248 / 120,556
[NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed (Bandai Namco) - 78,773 / 91,200

[WII] Disaster: Day of Crisis (Nintendo) - 12,768 / 27,896

[WII] Xenoblade (Nintendo) - 79,163 / 79,163

[NDS] Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans (Bandai Namco) - 101,216 / 192,200

why you no make me sequel to your best selling game since xenosaga 2

Just went and skimmed through the magazine twice at the book store, unless it's hiding in the bandai namco games section or such, there is no mention of monolithsoft in this issue.

Edit: looking at the rumor source, this was originally posted on the 22nd, then was re-brought up yesterday by people making fun of the silly rumor.
not that it matters, but the post also says you can choose between a boy and a girl and the game has card trading elements in it.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Just went and skimmed through the magazine twice at the book store, unless it's hiding in the bandai namco games section or such, there is no mention of monolithsoft in this issue.

Edit: looking at the rumor source, this was originally posted on the 22nd, then was re-brought up yesterday by people making fun of the silly rumor.
not that it matters, but the post also says you can choose between a boy and a girl and the game has card trading elements in it.
Fake then.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FINALFANTASYDOG said:

Thanks.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ydahs said:
ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

I doubt it but

pleasegodpleasegodpleasegodpleasegod
1.) The rumor is fake.
2.) See the last pages for why this makes no sense, though I should probably add in "Monolith is owned by Nintendo and Namco" as an additional comment to this. It's kind of like hoping that Zynga is developing the next Half-Life game, since there are a few Valve staffers at the company.

Truth101

Banned
Nirolak said:
1.) The rumor is fake.
2.) See the last pages for why this makes no sense, though I should probably add in "Monolith is owned by Nintendo and Namco" as an additional comment to this. It's kind of like hoping that Zynga is developing the next Half-Life game, since there are a few Valve staffers at the company.

Couldn't it be in the next issue?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Truth101 said:
Couldn't it be in the next issue?
That's a good guess, but unfortunately Nintendo Dream is a monthly magazine and it came out last week, so they wouldn't have prototype magazines done yet.

Truth101

Banned
Nirolak said:
That's a good guess, but unfortunately Nintendo Dream is a monthly magazine and it came out last week, so they wouldn't have prototype magazines done yet.

Ah, I'm not familiar with how long it takes from an interview to take place till when it is actually published. I still feel like there is a possibility it could be true, however slim. We'll just have to wait a month to know I guess. Though any announcement would probably be present at TGS or the Nintendo Fall Conference.

I figured it was a monthly magazine though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh yeah, I'm pretty much sure they're working on a 3DS game in addition to their Wii U title, but it's just that the possibilities of what it is are now back to "pretty much anything".

wrowa

Nirolak said:
Oh yeah, I'm pretty much sure they're working on a 3DS game in addition to their Wii U title, but it's just that the possibilities of what it is are now back to "pretty much anything".
Well, we do know that the shown concept art was definitely Baten Kaitos related.

But we do not know whether that concept art was just some random old picture of a canceled project :(

Truth101 said:
Ah, I'm not familiar with how long it takes from an interview to take place till when it is actually published. I still feel like there is a possibility it could be true, however slim. We'll just have to wait a month to know I guess. Though any announcement would probably be present at TGS or the Nintendo Fall Conference.

I figured it was a monthly magazine though.

If the "rumor" was posted on the 22nd, it's quite likely it was referencing this month's magazine (released Aug 20)

Nirolak said:

Just to note: It does say "Also new info regarding nintendo's Fall and beyond line-up?!?!?!?"
as part of the next issues preview section.

The magazine was released before the sept.13 conference details were announced, so assuming that it's referencing that.

Top Bottom