• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man some people just don't know which threads to avoid in OT.

The Egypt thread is like 95% innocuous so I'm really surprised as to why it was deemed as heinous as the creeper thread at all. The OP only had a couple of defenders, and everyone else was either pointing out how ludicrous their statements were or attempting to steer the thread toward a genuine discussion on ethnography.

I'm hoping that bish was merely outraged at the content of the OP (white people are fully responsible for modern society and technological advancement etc etc.) and that the actual thread will be light on bans. I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense.

He can't possibly be meaning to ban everyone who posted in the thread regardless of the harmfulness of their posts... can he?

I assume that people fear him for a reason.

Guys, If i were to start watching one piece, where should I start? I don't think I´m watching 500+ episodes

Well you should start from the beginning. With nearly 600 episodes, you might think it's episodic, but it isn't. It's just a massive, ongoing plot that has only recently reached the halfway point.

That being said, if you were to skip filler episodes, OPs and recaps, it wouldn't be as bad as you think. However, it would still probably come out to something like 120-130 hours or so. If you read manga, I might say just read that if the anime is too intimidating. Could be closer to 30-50 hours to get caught up depending on how fast you read.

cajunator

Banned
The Egypt thread is like 95% innocuous so I'm really surprised as to why it was deemed as heinous as the creeper thread at all. The OP only had a couple of defenders, and everyone else was either pointing out how ludicrous their statements were or attempting to steer the thread toward a genuine discussion on ethnography.

I'm hoping that bish was merely outraged at the content of the OP (white people are fully responsible for modern society and technological advancement etc etc.) and that the actual thread will be light on bans. I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Its just best to stay the fuck out of threads with an incendiary OP my friend.
If the first post gives you pause, dont even reply to it.
you could always give your input in IRC or something.

Necrovex

Two days before From the New World is out for Crunchy members. I'm damn excited for this show after reading some Gaffers' impressions! The fall season should be magical!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Its just best to stay the fuck out of threads with an incendiary OP my friend.
If the first post gives you pause, dont even reply to it.
you could always give your input in IRC or something.
B-But my curiosity!
rtIzW.jpg
kININARIMASU

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Neogaf.com > Subscriptions > Subscribed Thread

Second safest way to browse Neogaf, behind actually making the subscriptions tab your bookmark.
It didn't use to be this bad. The Community subforums ended up making Gaming and OT leaner and slightly more moderated versions of GamfeFAQs and /b/, respectively.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hate you all. I had to read 6 pages worth of posts. Why do you guys post more when I go to sleep? WHY?!!!!!!!

yami4ct

Code Geass:Akito the Exiled 01

Oh boy, I did not like this a single bit. The mix of CG and 2D is far too jarring to justify the transition. It just doesn't look good to me at all. It lacks a lot of the style present in the original show. Honestly, I'm surprised it looks so bad given how damn good the CG Sunrise did for Gundam Unicorn looks. The mech designs are also significantly worse for me. The main new mech we see the protagonist use in the first battle is oddly lanky and has just an atrocious head design. We also get a couple more traditional Geass mecha, which are alright if a bit boring, and a Tachikoma look alike which seems out of place.

The story is where it really falls apart for me. It tries to give a more serious take on war, but with no likable characters to grasp onto it falls flat. I hate every single person here. They are all either insane, boring, or completely oblivious to their surroundings. The fact that all the villains are just cackling madmen takes away any sort of serious message it try to put forth. They give us a more "serious" show, yet put in cartoon-level evil villains and still expect us to believe they fit. The basic plot itself also did nothing for me. Even once I had a grasp on what was going on, I had a hard time caring. I mean, I feel bad for the civilians caught in the crossfire, but I have zero interest in the conflict as a whole. Neither side makes a good enough case for itself for me to really get invested in the story they try to tell.

Overall, I sort of hated it. I may give the second episode a shot and see if they can pull off something interesting, since a 4 episode OVA is such a minimal time commitment, but so far this show has been nothing but a disappointment.

Jex

[Cross Game] - 16 & 17

I must say, the production values of this series have seriously improved over time. That isn't to say that they're good, but they're no longer repulsive.

The pacing remains this shows strongest feature: they tied up a key baseball game in a single episode? That's unheard of!

yami4ct

I don't think dismantle is a strong enough word.

It's weird. I don't absolutely hate AO, but that may be because I've completely divorced it from the original series in my mind. It's by no means a great show, but it's been fun when taken on its own terms. I just kind of sit back, relax, and just watch the insanity taking place in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom