Food |OT| GAFeteria

Oct 26, 2018
Random marinade that tastes great:

- On defrosted chicken, pour the marinade on and leave overnight in the fridge and make for dinner the next day
- I did it for about 45 minutes at 375F, but it had already been sitting on my counter for a bit warming up before baking. If you do it right from the fridge.... maybe closer to 60 minutes???
- Uncovered for crispier skin, or a foil top for more of a mushy/saucy texture (like shown)
- I double line the baking pans. Foil at the bottom, parchment paper (NOT wax paper) on top. Makes for easy cleanup and nothing really sticks to parchment paper. Foil is at the bottom in case stuff splatters
- I also fold a rectangular piece of foil as a cover on top of the chicken.

On a bowl, mix the following. Use your judgement as I don't use measuring cups or spoons:

- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Bread crumbs
- Clubhouse chicken seasoning flakes

At the end, add a touch of:

- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Honey

Some key things to really skew the chicken how you want it:

- Thicker/pastier the more breadcrumbs and chicken flakes you add
- Thicker/pastier if you cover it, versus leaving it open to crisp up the skin
- The spicier it is the more hot sauce you add, and the less teriyaki/honey you put in
- If you add lemon juice, don't add a lot. Make sure to stir the marinade a lot or else you'll slather it on and get some tangy hotspots of lemon juice that didn't mix thoroughly in
- Made a mistake of eating this saucy chicken with potato salad. Should have eaten it with something dry like rice or bread to soak it up
- You'll see on the chicken some brown globs (which literally looks like diarrhea!) That was some extra sauce at the bottom of the baking sheet I spooned onto the chicken

Last edited: