• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Kyoto Animation is going to do the crazy chick and long suffering boy until the end of time aren't they? Well that and alternate between cute girls doing cute things.
Possibly, however I think it's a bit of an over simplification to compare Haruhi and Kyon to Chitanda and Oreki. They're very, very different sets of characters.

yami4ct

I actually thought the choreography of the mech battles was pretty cool with some interesting cinematography that clearly took advantage of the the CG models. I wasn't really that bothered by the CG however, as the worlds biggest CG complainer, I wont besmirch you for disliking it.

I normally don't hate CG when done well, Tiger & Bunny or Gundam Unicorn for example, but boy did something here bother me.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
One of you get banned so I can use this
tumblr_mav05vdaO81qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Jex

May you two tell me the episodes worth watching, please?

Well, I'd have personally said skip 5-6, but it's too late for that now, isn't it? I didn't enjoy 7-8 to either, but lots of other people did so I guess you shouldn't skip those.

After that it's all gold.

yami4ct

I've been actually out of anime in a while. Besides From the New world and possibly JoJo, what should I be looking into this season? My favorite stuff tends to be action shows, but I won't turn down a good drama either.

Jex

I normally don't hate CG when done well, Tiger & Bunny or Gundam Unicorn for example, but boy did something here bother me.

I don't think I can ally with you and your distaste for CG anymore because I think Tiger and Bunny's CG looks terrible. Sorry!

yami4ct

I don't think I can ally with you and your distaste for CG anymore because I think Tiger and Bunny's CG looks terrible. Sorry!

Oh man, I really like it. Especially when it involves fully suited characters. I think it gets a bit off when it tries to pull off humans, like Fire Emblem, but I really like it overall.

jman2050

Boku wa Tomodachi 13

Short-haired Yozora sucks :(

So I guess the moral of the story is
Haganai will end in an orgy sex scene?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
:D

I studied with a guy and joined an ensemble in college and then took playing them to heart. With any luck, I may start to pick up a gigging job for fun on weekends playing them lol

When I played Steel Drums in high school it was hard for me to sightread since I couldn't memorize the locations of the notes on the drums so I just memorized the song.

I've been actually out of anime in a while. Besides From the New world and possibly JoJo, what should I be looking into this season? My favorite stuff tends to be action shows, but I won't turn down a good drama either.

If you're interested in action, Magi and Psycho-Pass are the best bets out of the new stuff. You might also want to look into the currently running Hunter X Hunter; I've heard very good things about its recent episodes. As well, Gintama is returning and that has quite good action arcs mixed in with its comedy. As last choices, you might be interested in Zetsuen no Tempest - the source material is weak, but the chances of it having good looking action are high - and K - I question GoHands' use of filters and suspect the story will turn out poorly, but it does have nice action animation going by the trailers.

cajunator

Banned
AnimeGAF is my friends. :)

love you dude.

While to an extent I agree that I think introductions like this "give the game away" too quickly, I think I agree with Hosanna that the sequence here is need to ground the story with a basis for the audience to work from. It's like, say, the opening sequence of Game of Thrones flying you around the map of Westeros. What you can establish very quickly in text is not always so easy to do - or so easy to accept - on screen.

I disagree. I think it started as it should have. Just enough information to entice the viewer without giving away the game.

I AM A FREE MAN

REJOICE

So all fellow animegaf members are safe or did someone post in the other thread?

I think we all made it.
Except that Dennis guy...

You're a jerk. Cajun would be sad. T_T

I really would :(

I studied with a guy and joined an ensemble in college and then took playing them to heart. With any luck, I may start to pick up a gigging job for fun on weekends playing them lol

Pm me some of your stuff, if you have recordings.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea that Creeper thread is going to be a massacre. I'm going through it and there are going to be bans galore. Oh shit.

Well Dennis I guess you have time to get a crackin' on those anime.

Soma

Poor Dennis. First time I see him post in these threads and he bites the dust.

Hope he enjoys Hyouka on his time off!

yami4ct

If you're interested in action, Magi and Psycho-Pass are the best bets out of the new stuff. You might also want to look into the currently running Hunter X Hunter; I've heard very good things about its recent episodes. As well, Gintama is returning and that has quite good action arcs mixed in with its comedy. As last choices, you might be interested in Zetsuen no Tempest - the source material is weak, but the chances of it having good looking action are high - and K - I question GoHands' use of filters and suspect the story will turn out poorly, but it does have nice action animation going by the trailers.

I am actually currently watching and loving Hunter X Hunter. The manga is one of my favorite shonen series of all time, up there with One Piece, so that's been a fun ride. Always been interested in Gintama but too intimidated to check it out. A lot to catch up on. Is it episodic enough to just jump in?

As for the others, I'll check out the trailers and see what I may want to give a shot.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
love you dude.

I disagree. I think it started as it should have. Just enough information to entice the viewer without giving away the game.

I think we all made it.
Except that Dennis guy...

I really would :(

Dennis guy? Who's the dennis guy? Is he new?

Thoraxes

When I played Steel Drums in high school it was hard for me to sightread since I couldn't memorize the locations of the notes on the drums so I just memorized the song.
It's a tough thing to learn for sure, but when you get the muscle memory going, things are great. For college, we were actually required to memorize everything we did for performance, and even had a couple dudes come in and teach us pieces by rote. For me, I usually played the cellos or quads, and I was one of the better people at them just due to the fact that playing it was completely second nature to me to the point that I could just sight-read stuff easily. I didn't have that experience with the other pans though lol.

Will do whenever I go through my stuff and find it lol. I know I have recordings somwehere, but it's just buried under everything lol

Maedhros

Accel World Ex 01

Goddamit, people talk about Kirito... but this fatso is so fucking annoying... I hate protagonists like him much more than the ones like Kirito. The episode, by itself, was really crazy, I liked the music and fights inside the game.

Saint Seiya Omega 26
Nice episode. The animation wasn't that good, but it wasn't a budget episode. But this sidestory is very nice, Sonia is the Shaina of this SS, indeed. I'm sure she'll change sides (or sacrifice herself for Souma) someday, just like Eden.

From the New World 1

I didn't understand anything. That's my impression after the first episode.

Jarmel

Banned
What a bloodbath that thread is.

It's actually not that bad of a graveyard thread. Worst I saw was this one about a transgender where the OP used a wrong title thus causing dozens of people not to read the OP. Like over 50 people were banned on the first page alone. That was fucking insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom