• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that it's really poor presented in the manga. I wouldn't know, since I've never read it. I think the TV anime is doing a surprisingly good job of being coherent though.

It's possible. There's also the possibility I'm an idiot that doesn't know how to pay attention beyond the fight scenes. Either way, I don't know if I'd call the lore straightforward even if it can be understood with a bit of thinking, even in the new anime.

jediyoshi

Beyond the Boundary 6

zkbK3d0.png

I NEED MORE.

Infinite Stratos 6
They should really beat up Ichika more. I'm starting to really hate him. On another note, Charl is very cute when she is embarassed

CorvoSol

I'm very glad to hear that.

Some people tend to get a bit exasperated by the non-robot parts of Shin Mazinger, especially later in the show, but I felt they worked nicely. This was yet another case of not everyone getting what they expect and thus making a huge deal about it, even when it's well-executed.

You're already an Imagawa fan since you love G Gundam so much though, so it should be nice to have some positive thoughts for a change.

It's really been fun so far. And at 25 episodes chances of me being fatigued seem seriously slimmer than if I were to watch the full 90 episodes of the original show. At this point I accept my love of Imagawa, but I hope I get to see some of Nagai's stuff eventually, too.

They start to get there. Didn't really care for the show to start until Ryouma's VA got dat getter shout down

I assume this is the set up for "losers who become heroes," as in Gundam. Also I feel bad that Musashi doesn't get a cool uniform like everybody else.

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross 2

Wow, and I thought the White Base Crew had a hard time. Kid can't keep his mech upright, and the anti-gravity engines flew off without the actual space ship itself. YEESH.

Not gonna lie, I did not see the aliens
being giants
coming at all. That's kinda crazy.

Fate/Zero 18

Welp people are getting taken out left and right it seems.
Honestly didn't expect Tousaka to go out this early though I knew he was going to the be the next one to die. Since Matou/Berserker hasn't had that much screentime yet I wonder what role they will play in the remaining episodes.

Narag

I assume this is the set up for "losers who become heroes," as in Gundam. Also I feel bad that Musashi doesn't get a cool uniform like everybody else.

More like it's toning down how they actually were to make it palatable for tv airtime, I think. Still need to finish the original series myself but when you're done, be sure (and I never say this!) to check out the manga:

Also New Getter Robo since it's truer to the source in that everyone's a god damn psycho in it.

cnet128

Banned
Finally time to catch up on some anime from yesterday, since I was so busy arguing with Corvo that I barely ended up watching any yesterday evening =p

Nagi no Asu Kara 6

Triple sun is gorgeous.

Manaka in swimsuit is more gorgeous.

duckroll

Dont the images adjust to your window size?

That's irrelevant. Posting images which take up the entire window is annoying. Traditionally in this thread we use quotes when posting images so they're more compact, and also so they won't be spammed over and over when people quote the posts. Please be considerate. Thanks.

wonzo

Banned
That's irrelevant. Posting images which take up the entire window is annoying. Traditionally in this thread we use quotes when posting images so they're more compact, and also so they won't be spammed over and over when people quote the posts. Please be considerate. Thanks.
urge to watch angel beats and spread the "joy" slowly waning ;-;

CorvoSol

Ramba Ral 0079

MorQGlP.jpg

Ramba Ral 2013

ramba_ral.jpg

no comment

Continues to be the greatest man in all of Gundam history. Speaking of 0079 . . .

Mobile Suit Gundam 2

I think something people overlook their first time through this show is that Bright Noa isn't just young, he's hilariously young. At age 19 he becomes captain of a ship and responsible for the lives of like a bunch of people. He's only 3 years Amuro's senior, making him more of a big bro than a father to him (as opposed to say, every other Gundam protagonist after Amuro). So a lot of the anger, frustration, and failings we find in Bright's character stems from that.

And while perhaps Ferty will find me insane (and let's be honest, when am I not?) I really must submit that MSG's better animated than SDFM so far. I think SDFM perhaps has better details in its backgrounds, but the animation in MSG really does seem better to my eyes.

Thats really fugly and weird because all the browsers here adjust the image, anyway shall do it quote wise then.

Also realize that browsers still have to load the full-size image even if you put them in quotes, so try not to post unnecessarily large images and so cause extra loading time and extra strain on computers/mobile devices.

I know people have been using quotes here for big images, but I thought the pics being auto-resized now wouldn't make that a problem anymore, clicking the quotes to find out huge images like the post above is just as annoying though. I'll keep the unquoted pics for the Gundam thread then. :)

Also realize that browsers still have to load the full-size image even if you put them in quotes, so try not to post unnecessarily large images and so cause extra loading time and extra strain on computers/mobile devices.

okay, the 0079 size was only 7kb bigger than the small BF pic though

I know people have been using quotes here for big images, but I thought the pics being auto-resized now wouldn't make that a problem anymore, clicking the quotes to find out huge images like the post above is just as annoying though. I'll keep the unquoted pics for the Gundam thread then. :)

Most people aren't posting 2560 x 1462 images.

Branduil

Well, that particular image is only 130 KB, so that's not a huge problem.

Gazoinks

Oh, I actually didn't know that. I'll remember to shrink my screencaps going forward.

duckroll

I see it mostly as a matter of aesthetics. When I make a post, it's not just about putting whatever I want in it and hoping it doesn't look like dogshit. How it is presented is important, and one of the most important things in making people want to read or pay attention to text is image to text size ratio. If a post contains 1 sentence which is below a huge image which takes up the entire window, there's a high chance that most people will not bother to read the text because they'll be scrolling past the post just to get the image out of the way. Some people might not even notice there is text. I think these are interesting points to consider.

Making neater and more presentable posts will encourage people to pay more attention to what you have to say, and also to increase the quality of a discussion, while having huge images take up most of the space in a post will usually get the opposite result - people will only react to the image, or they will ignore the post entirely.

Using quote boxes around an image can also contextualize it, framing it as a thumbnail used to illustrate something discussed in the text, and those interested in seeing more detail can click on it get a bigger picture, or ignore it while still being able to read the text in a clean and legible way.

Fate/Zero 18

Backstory time on Kiritsugu!
I have to say feel pretty sorry for Shirley and looks like Kiritsugu was already a badass back as a child.

Yusibu 6
Does anyone else feel Amada is going to turn out to be an evil corporation which is purposely putting faulty equipment in people's homes so that they buy more.

cnet128

Banned
Galileidonna 5

Goddammit show, toying with my emotions. Why you do that.

You could kind of sense all through the episode that
those two kids' story was not going to end happily. Hell, when the boy was sitting there eating and messing with his gun at the same time, I was half expecting the gun to randomly misfire and kill the girl then and there. But even so, I was still hoping against hope at the end that the two of them would get out of there alive. Introducing characters just to kill them off is just cruel >.< They made such a sweet couple too.

Could also see
the old guy betraying them
coming a mile off, though I was a little surprised that
he didn't try to steal the precious Galileo sketch

Hozuki still best, and still getting all the focus. Can't really complain on that front.

Articalys

Yu-Sibu ep.6

Sphere

Sphere everywhere

I should really just drop this and ask someone how it ends later.

I miss Hataraku Maou-Sama.

Yozakura Quartet - Hana no Uta 5

Wow, this was an incredible episode. Amazing animation - I love how the dinosaur monster is animated, and there's some incredible effects - and really sharp direction that sold the more serious tone. Just look at how the eyecatch was handled as a capstone of the preceding scene. The previous episodes have built up my affection for the characters, so the revelations and higher stakes really worked. I hope the rest of this arc keeps up this quality.

The chipper next-episode preview music is painfully inappropriate though.

Strike the Blood 6

New guy I really like.

Would not mind if him and Kojou bond some more.

Sayaka fawning over Yukina was good. Still pegging her as the Tsundere if she ends up liking Kojou.

Been appreciating Asagi alot now that she's gotten an increase in screentime. Should be interesting considering how the episode ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom