• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
skull.gif

It was pretty nifty. Good art and whatnot. Sometimes characters were kind of annoyingly unperceptive but I'll live. ^^;

Lol.
Nice work.
I miss megaman games :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama' 227

OH. MY. GOD.

BEST EPISODE EVER!

The rivalry, all the VA jokes, the MONKEY!, the blatant ripoff of another crossover, the smashing of the 4th wall, THIS EPISODE HAD IT ALL. Hell, I only wish they went even further in it for the OP and ED, but even the small changes were amazing as well. Nothing can come this close, nothing.

Told ya the monkey payoff was golden!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Chuu2 06
Neat episode. There was sort of a certain subtlety to everything in spite of how over the top things can get. I like small stuff like the location where the love letter is first introduced coming back when
the kid who loses his hair meets that girl who wants to feel his shaved head.
It helps things sort of feel more conclusive and wraps the episode together pretty well. I also felt like this episode was less reliant on the whole, "how embarrassing" stuff, which has never really been enough to carry the show and found itself all sort of in the periphery to the main story of the episode.

Oh, there was some extremely lazy symbolic stuff at the end that made me laugh though when the plane was flying in front of the moon and they start to talk about visiting other places.

Wait. Fuck. I think I skipped an episode. God damn it.

My last episode impression before this was 35, but according to the DVD menu the one I just watched was 37. Fucking DVDs, how do they work?

Bleach 279

Pretty cool to see the Visored show off their stuff
well till they job/lose

Not a big fan of the whole echoed effect the dub has when they have their masks on though.

Joe Molotov

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 6

My shields can't repel HNNNNG of this magnitude! :eek: SDBurton, do not watch this episode if you wish to live.

fertygo

Sword Art Online 19

Holy shit, an episode that actually good! wth happened?

Stuff should've just about MMO bigotry like this instead random stupid shit that they pull every week, they actually care about production value this time also help.

Grzi

Looks like Gun X Sword is expiring on netflix on Nov 15 too. That's a shame as it's pretty fucking awesome but with a few hangups.

It's an alright anime, best part is still EL DORA 5. ADIOOOOOOOOOOOS AMIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously. I still go back and watch that scene a lot as it's so good.

Gun X Sword spoilers obviously: No need!

Fuck yes! The show was just alright, but the El Dora 5 were fucking amazing!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Girls und Panzer 01

Oh god. I'm going to stay up really late catching up on this aren't I?

Man, I didn't think you were the kind of person staying up this late to watch goofy stuff.

I'm surprised.

Jex

is it genuinely good?
the concept seemed just as retarded as upotte

It's pretty good.

[The Skull Man] 5 - 8

skullthings.gif

As ussual there was lots of the Skull Man doing skull things and by lots I mean very little. The show isn't serious all the time, however, as there's still time for sight gags:

skullgag.gif

Exentryk

Watched the 1st episodes of Psycho Pass and To the New World. Wasn't too impressed by Psycho Pass as it feels too ordinary. To the New World on the other hand has me intrigued. Still have to try Magi but from the first 2 mins I saw, it feels childish.

Also, didn't know where to post this but if you guys liked Dead Fantasy videos by Monty Oum, he has hinted of a series coming in 2013. He teased out this trailer called RWBY (Red, White, Black, Yellow). Pretty cool.

cajunator

Banned
Watched the 1st episodes of Psycho Pass and To the New World. Wasn't too impressed by Psycho Pass as it feels too ordinary. To the New World on the other hand has me intrigued. Still have to try Magi but from the first 2 mins I saw, it feels childish.
Also, didn't know where to post this but if you guys liked Dead Fantasy videos by Monty Oum, he has hinted of a series coming in 2013. He teased out this trailer called RWBY (Red, White, Black, Yellow).

Pretty cool.

It was posted a few pages ago but definitely looking forward to it.
Also, welcome :D

duckroll

Magi - Episode 6

Another relatively faithful episode of Magi, right down to how the series actually acknowledges the existence of the first chapter of the manga. Nevermind that they cut the entire chapter out from anime, apparently it still happened! Hence characters introduced there show up here as if they were previously introduced. Great job guys. More support for the recommendation to just skip ep1-3, and read the first 2 volumes of the manga instead before starting on ep4. :p

This episode was extremely :mor. I think some fans will be very pleased with how it was handled. The show doesn't skim on the violence and blood, and there's some pretty solid direction and motion for the action parts, which make Mor's combat technique really unique. Unfortunately the sound direction problems continue to plague this series. The action BGM tracks are really bad. There are two of them this week, and they both sound totally out of place. The sound balance is pretty poor at times too. Just a bad job with the audio all round.

So we've had 3 episodes in a row not scripted by Yoshino, and each has shown much more competence in adaptation than the first 3 episodes of the show. Next week, the man of the hour returns to script the first episode in the Balbadd arc. Will we survive? Will Magi survive? I'm almost afraid to find out...

Here are some highlights of this week's episode:

eEjup.jpg

Best-girls finally show up in the anime! Maybe they boycotted the first episode because Yoshino was writing it. Lol.

CDPrC.jpg

Kids, saber-toothed tigers are NOT pets. >_>

xWzdZ.jpg

Serial-molester Aladdin strikes again. How far will he go before the law catches up with him? What a fiend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom