• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I don't mind the whole 'watching bad shows for fun' thing - it's not limited to anime, and spawned an alternative market for unmarketable movies, not to mention Mr. Goodkind - I just wish that people would be:

• 1. up front about the quality of the show
    2. not set it up as a 'trap' for impressions regarding twists that have become memes on their own
    3. willing to present a more diverse selection of bad-but-fun shows

Oh god, I love lists.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not even sure how Nuku Nuku got on the list, tbh. I think Hito had some fuzzy memory of it from long ago and wanted us to check it out just to be safe along with other stuff considered tentative--we were in the process of vetting shows at one point but that kind of petered out after we only made it two episodes into the execrable Amazing Nurse Nanako and decided we would probably kill ourselves trying to watch everything, hah.

Just watch the opening to get an idea. Its so fucking great. Not at all the kind of bad good that list entails. Its just a really fun silly show that doesnt take itself seriously. Its about a guy who steals an android and implants in it the brain of a cat. Shes super powerful with the mind of a catgirl. Its fucking brilliance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utucEYB4nFs

jbug617

Banned
Glk4El.jpg

Does the VA for Nene get a lot of work? It seems that's the only thing I remember from that show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But you know what? I think I'm the only person in the thread who feels that way. So I'm just going to shut up and sit over in the corner where I won't bother anyone.

Or you could just have a genuine discussion instead of killing any possibility of it by immediately casting yourself as a victim against the big bad hatewatchers.

http://i.imgur.com/NQFmWl.jpg

What's historically inaccurate about child brides?

Theonik

Honestly, it's gotten pretty old. Especially when someone seems genuinely interested in checking out something good and instead get 5-10 people telling them that they have to watch School Days and that it's the most amazing thing ever.
That my friend is a matter of perspective.
There are better shows for that hatewatch feel though School Days is pretty tame.

zeroshiki

Everyone should buy Nerawareta Gakuen when it comes out because apparently no one went to see it in theaters :(

It has Mayuyu voicing the main lead and singing the theme song. What more do you want?! ;_;

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't mind the whole 'watching bad shows for fun' thing - it's not limited to anime, and spawned an alternative market for unmarketable movies, not to mention Mr. Goodkind - I just wish that people would be:

• 1. up front about the quality of the show
    2. not set it up as a 'trap' for impressions regarding twists that have become memes on their own
    3. willing to present a more diverse selection of bad-but-fun shows

Oh god, I love lists.

Yeah, troll recommendations suck and they should be frowned upon. As much as I enjoy LIST stuff, I make a point never to recommend things that aren't genuinely good unless it's specifically requested. That's just basic courtesy.

Articalys

Or you could just have a genuine discussion instead of killing any possibility of it by immediately casting yourself as a victim against the big bad hatewatchers.
I don't have an issue with hatewatching or MSTing or any of that stuff. I was expliclity talking about unwarranted pressuring of shows like that to people asking otherwise for honest recommendations, and it was pointed out that in-between me beginning to compose my post and when it was actually posted, others expressed similar sentiments that I didn't know were out there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't have an issue with hatewatching or MSTing or any of that stuff. I was expliclity talking about unwarranted pressuring of shows like that to people asking otherwise for honest recommendations, and it was pointed out that in-between me beginning to compose my post and when it was actually posted, others expressed similar sentiments that I didn't know were out there.

No problem with that, just that the last line of the post sounded anticipatory that people were going to jump on you for your opinion. I'd like to think that we're not that hostile!

Articalys

No problem with that, just that the last line of the post sounded anticipatory that people were going to jump on you for your opinion. I'd like to think that we're not that hostile!
I recognize that, but it doesn't always feel that way. At any rate, I'll conclude this thread of discussion here.

cajunator

Banned
If you guys want some more terrible shit to watch you can always check out:

Venus Vs virus
Polyphonica
Akikan
Melody of Oblivion
Hanaukyo Maid Team
Akikan

Thats just from looking at my own collection and seeing the worst stuff Ive got (IMO).
All of that was super cheap, so it wasnt much of a risk but if you want bad, well there's your bad. I dont see those being discussed here much either so give them a try!

zeroshiki

Hey! zeroshiki is back!

I know right?

I didn't realize you were lurking. I was going to wait to watch and post about Bungaku Shoujo whenever you got back. As the threads biggest fan I didn't want you to miss out on any impressions.

More Bungaku Shoujo fans is alright by me :D That would bring the total up to two!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Venus Vs virus
Polyphonica
Akikan
Melody of Oblivion
Hanaukyo Maid Team
Akikan

Thats just from looking at my own collection and seeing the worst stuff Ive got (IMO).
All of that was super cheap, so it wasnt much of a risk but if you want bad, well there's your bad. I dont see those being discussed here much either so give them a try!

So bad you have Akikan listed twice!

jbug617

Banned

Venus Vs virus
Polyphonica
Akikan
Melody of Oblivion
Hanaukyo Maid Team
Akikan

Can I add Kampfer. It's pretty bad but watchable.

zeroshiki

If you guys want to ruin people, recommend to them shows that actually make them think its good for a good part of it and then suddenly and inexplicably reward them with a gut punch at the end.

I'm looking at you, True Tears. -_-

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I just realized that we had dueling discussions on Fate and Shakespeare and not once did someone bring up Fate/Apocrypha. GET WITH IT, GUYS, GEEZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom