• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do! Thanks

Btw, anyone in love with Witcher's fast travel system?

I really dislike fast travel in Bethesda games. Sure I can avoid it, but I would have loved to find travel posts

why do you dislike fast travel in bethesda titles? Unless I'm remembering wrong once you discover an area you can fast travel to it. Witcher 3's requires you find a travel post and only then you can travel.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
should I tell my roommate to get this on XBO instead of PS4 then? he's really excited about this game and I don't wanna see him get burned.

should I tell my roommate to get this on XBO instead of PS4 then? he's really excited about this game and I don't wanna see him get burned.

I don't think there is enough concrete evidence to prove one version is better than the other version yet

Since a poster with the PS4 version here said they ran into no Framerate issues

That would be a good one, but considering the fanbase the game has here, I expect the OT to be a massive marketing piece.

I hope you realize just how silly this sounds to anyone who's actually paid any attention to GAF's Fallout following for longer than just the last three days.

Seriously lol. I mean, where passive aggressive jabs are concerned it's not the worst I've ever seen, but ffs my brother, have you ever even been in a GAF Fallout thread before? lmao

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I don't think there is enough concrete evidence to prove one version is better than the other version yet

Since a poster with the PS4 version here said they ran into no Framerate issues
ok but I don't care about console pissing contests are there any reported problems with the XBO version?

I think that's kind of what they are using the power armor as. It's a customizable vehicle that you need find resources for to use. A car or something like that would probably break the game but power armor fits into it pretty well.

In the trailer didn't we see a first person pov of someone in a vertibird?

Ogimachi

I hope you realize just how silly this sounds to anyone who's been paying attention to GAF's Fallout following for more than just the last week.

Seriously.
I've been reading and posting on Fallout threads since I joined in 2013. This week was actually surprising in the sense that a few people mocked the game's dumbed down dialog and mechanics, but that's a minority.
The things we've seen about the game from the leaks and Bethesda's marketing would've earned other games a "Shit Mountain" treatment, for example.

But I digress. We'll see on monday whether it's a free ad or not.

Yes, PS4. It seems like Bethesda fucked up a PS game...again

Fallout's problems on PS3 went a loooot deeper than occasional framerate and pop-in issues. If just those, are what it takes for a game to be 'fucked up' like Fallout or Skyrim, then there's quite a few games from this generation that would fall under that category of game, including a couple of sacred cows.

Fallout 4 is inside my computer, guys. Do you understand? It's inside my computer.

130820zoo5.gif

giphy.gif

Faenix1

Fallout 4 sounds like your typical Bethesda/open world game to me

As long as we don't run into the Skyrim on PS3 problem, I'm good. Being punished for exploring a lot was pretty lame.
Though if these issues are just on PS4, since all three are fairly close architecture-wise, then we officially know Bethesda doesn't give a damn about the PS platform and I will no longer support them.

Fallout's problems on PS3 went a loooot deeper than occasional framerate and pop-in issues. If just those, are what it takes for a game to be 'fucked up' like Fallout or Skyrim, then there's quite a few games from this generation that would fall under that category of game, including a couple of sacred cows.

Absolutely. But I wouldn't be surprised if the XboxOne was the lead platform. Development began after porting Skyrim to XboxOne...so...

aravuus

Is it easy to do?

Yeah

Turn VPN on, start Steam, unlock game, close Steam, turn VPN off, start steam in offline mode, play game. Or stay online and keep VPN on I guess if you want to.

I think I've used openvpn before, it sounds pretty familiar. Google it. If it isn't good, there are tons of easy to use VPN clients around.

Tovarisc

"Thank you so much @bethesda for inviting me to the Fallout 4 launch event! I had the experience of a lifetime! ❤️"

And her banner is a F4 pic...lol
Nothing suspicious there, nope.

Yeah, looks little bad when context is that she was in party into which you got only with invite from Bethesda. Sucks if Bethesda plays favorites with one or just few streamers, getting permission to do early FO4 stream is huge for any channel.

Pennywise

That sounds exactly like Skyrim (Which I am ok with...has its own charm)
Not a fan of it.

But doesnt the dialogue branch? How often do u see unique dialogue options? Like low intelligence, charisma, etc
It does.

Just taking some time to get used to the new system, and I expected some "other" answers more early within the game.
Explaining that would spoil storyline stuff, so I'll be quiet about it.

Fallout 4 sounds like your typical Bethesda/open world game to me

As long as we don't run into the Skyrim on PS3 problem, I'm good. Being punished for exploring a lot was pretty lame.
Though if these issues are just on PS4, since all three are fairly close architecture-wise, then we officially know Bethesda doesn't give a damn about the PS platform and I will no longer support them.

It totally is.

As someone who endured the PS3 version of Skyrim and the GotY from F3, and had the comparsion with the 360 version of F3, the game runs great.
There are obviously some flaws and problems, but I pretty much doubt that it's bound to a console and rather the usual Bethesda issues.

rjinaz

I've been reading and posting on Fallout threads since I joined in 2013. This week was actually surprising in the sense that a few people mocked the game's dumbed down dialog and mechanics, but that's a minority.
The things we've seen about the game from the leaks and Bethesda's marketing would've earned other games a "Shit Mountain" treatment, for example.

But I digress. We'll see on monday whether it's a free ad or not.

Lol so if it's anything but people complaining about the game then it's obviously just fanboys being fanboys? Whatever man I suggest you get prepared for the "free advertising" then but I suggest you stay away from pretty much any OT in existence or you might see people enjoying a game.

ezekial45

Banned
"Thank you so much @bethesda for inviting me to the Fallout 4 launch event! I had the experience of a lifetime! ❤️"

And her banner is a F4 pic...lol
Nothing suspicious there, nope.

They had a party last night, lots of people were there. Press and industry folk alike. The KindaFunny guys in addition to a number of other streamers have been given the same permission to stream.

And no, they're related at all.

ldcommando

Banned
Yeah

Turn VPN on, start Steam, unlock game, close Steam, turn VPN off, start steam in offline mode, play game. Or stay online and keep VPN on I guess if you want to.

I think I've used openvpn before, it sounds pretty familiar. Google it. If it isn't good, there are tons of easy to use VPN clients around.

I´ll take a look, thanks

JambiBum

In the trailer didn't we see a first person pov of someone in a vertibird?

I don't remember everything from the trailers but that could have been a cutscene or an on rails segment. I highly doubt that they would let you fly a vertibird otherwise because it would break a lot of the game.

Plasmid

Is it easy to do?

Please someone correct me if im wrong, but i think its like this.

MAKE SURE YOU DONT BUY FALLOUT 4 ON A VPN OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

1. Start your VPN to New zealand time with steam turned off.
  2. Start steam and go to fallout 4.
  3. Hit play / unlock (this part i don't know, i assume it'll say play).
  4. Fallout 4 should load as long as its past 12:01 AM New Zealand Time.
  5. Alt + tab out of fallout 4 and go to steam and make steam go into offline mode.
  6. Turn off your VPN, make sure you do not let steam go back online until it's 12:01 your local time.
That's it i think. Not hard at all.

Please someone correct me if im wrong, but i think its like this.

MAKE SURE YOU DONT BUY FALLOUT 4 ON A VPN OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

1. Start your VPN to New zealand time with steam turned off.
  2. Start steam and go to fallout 4.
  3. Hit play / unlock (this part i don't know, i assume it'll say play).
  4. Fallout 4 should load as long as its past 12:01 AM New Zealand Time.
  5. Alt + tab out of fallout 4 and go to steam and make steam go into offline mode.
  6. Turn off your VPN, make sure you do not let steam go back online until it's 12:01 your local time.
That's it i think. Not hard at all.

Wouldn't you get banned though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom