• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbite

Be careful if you mention Fallout 4 on Twitter. Someone mentioned me and tried to spoil the ending. I looked away quick enough. The account was mass spamming people.

I held off beating the main quest in Skyrim for at least two years. I now feel pressured to beat Fallout 4 when it comes out just to prevent people from spoiling the ending for me.

Faenix1

I remember it well, it was last gen and it was generally acceptable for multiplatform to under perform on PS3. I suspect that most reviewers played skyrim on the 360, just like I did. But I heard about the troubles people had on the ps3 version, I think something like the game getting more broken as the size of the save file increased.

Ps4 is in more mainstream use now so I bet a bunch of people used as the ps4 version for the review and if they have encountered minimal troubles in 100 hour or so off gameplay, than I will be satisfied.

Pretty much, yeah. Got so bad you had to restart every 5 minutes or so.

"fun" times.

Yup! But it was a stream on Twitch above an Stream from Windows 10 Xbox App (the guy was having issues streaming directly from XB1). So some detailes were kind difficult to evaluate.

However, it was the XB1 version indeed. I saw an friend notification poping in aswell as the Xbox app stream settings menu, while the guy was streaming.

Gave my impressions same pages below:

Also, I took a screenshot, but it's very compressed (the stream was waay better than this):

Thanks man. Sad to hear about bad textures, honestly did not expect that. The game certainly isn't looking like it's something these consoles can't do. All else sounds really good indeed. Oh man, not long now.

Sorry if I missed this -- on what platform are you playing? Are you using an SSD?

He literally said PS4 a few posts back on this page LOL. But yes I'd like to know as well.

It's a little disappointing to hear that there are technical issues on the PS4, but the fact that someone here is having a good experience is a little pad of relief. Man, I'm this close to cancelling and re-preordering to Xbox One.

Kssio_Aug

Thanks man. Sad to hear about bad textures, honestly did not expect that. The game certainly isn't looking like it's something these consoles can't do. All else sounds really good indeed. Oh man, not long now.

As I said, the stream did not really help evaluating textures and other minor details. But I was under the impression that textures overall were very washed out (it seems inside closed environments it could be better noticed). But the visuals overall really appealed to me. It is looking pretty good, and actually very similar to the gameplay trailers I'd say.

I watched a ps4, xb1, and a pc stream. Really makes me wish my pc could handle the game. Graphics and load times look sad compared to the pc.

Kssio_Aug

Jesus, is Sony ever going to fix the damn share button

It was a screenshot I took from a stream, using my phone! lol
I was watching it from my PC, but at the end of the stream, due to a connection issue I'm having with Windows 10, it froze the streamming, so I switched to my smartpone and took that screenshot since I liked the scene. But yeah.... it ended up totally compressed! =/

It was the XB1 version btw.

robotrock

Banned
It was a screenshot I took from a stream, using my phone! lol
I was watching it from my PC, but at the end of the stream, due to a connection issue I'm having with Windows 10, it froze the streamming, so I switched to my smartpone and took that screenshot since I liked the scene. But yeah.... it ended up totally compressed! =/

It was the XB1 version btw.

It looks super cool in quote tags. Really love the art direction of this game

Venture

New Clueless Gamer Monday.

CTKw2lTUEAE10Cc.jpg

kingwingin

You have to be S.P.E.C.I.A.L type of dickwad to forcefully spoil the story for massive amounts of people.
had it happen to me for God of war 3 . Get a message on psn with the subject line as the spoiler and nearly smashed my t.v. He sent the message 30 seconds after I popped the game in on launch day. Fuck those people

As I said, the stream did not really help evaluating textures and other minor details. But I was under the impression that textures overall were very washed out (it seems inside closed environments it could be better noticed). But the visuals overall really appealed to me. It is looking pretty good, and actually very similar to the gameplay trailers I'd say.

That sounds fine to me then. Ever since E3 i haven't been expecting it to look any better at all, so i was definitely expecting it to look like that, or close. Man i can't wait.

Tigress

New Clueless Gamer Monday.

CTKw2lTUEAE10Cc.jpg

Can't wait to see this but I'll look it up after I've played the game enough I'm not worried about spoilers (and I mean I don't want to see the game world until I have a chance to explore it myself first. I even turned my head away during part of the Bethesda conference cause I already was starting to see more than I wanted to of the world).

npa189

So what res is Bethesda targeting for their recommended spec? I can never tell what games are going to give my 970 grief at 3440x1440.

Waingro

Banned
I just went to the Codex forums and am hoping that Fallout thread title wasn't a true spoiler.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Jobbs

Banned
I had made some plans about my character, but suddenly I'm feeling like just getting a power fist and punching shit (if that's in the game).

Hugstable

Banned
So for those who have been playing or watching streams, is this more like Fallout 3 or New Vegas? I didn't really like the way 3 was structured and haaaaated the sewer system and how there wasn't all that much quests. New Vegas is one of my favorite WRPG

ymgve

So for those who have been playing or watching streams, is this more like Fallout 3 or New Vegas? I didn't really like the way 3 was structured and haaaaated the sewer system and how there wasn't all that much quests. New Vegas is one of my favorite WRPG

A bit of both? I haven't seen any sewers at all, there seem to be a lot of quests, but I don't think there will be a big branching story with half a dozen different factions like in New Vegas.

vocab

Nothing like New Vegas. Character agency looks to be very limited too.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Oh great what are the issues? can someone fill me in please I have been out of the loop for a bit.

Interested in this too as I'm about 30mins from preordering in a store or walking out with The Witcher 3. (have to take my missus as she's picking one of them for me for Xmas)

In previous fallout games have their been chems that allowed you to do unnatural things like breathe underwater? Or when a chem increases a stat do you gain all of the perks in that special stat or just the passive bonuses?

For anyone that's played it already, is there any location similar to Tenpenny Tower? I considered that my favorite location in FO3. In every single one of my playthroughs I blew up Megaton, so I could get the Penthouse Suite and then take out all of the ghouls in their sleep.

Technical issues on PS4? Fucking great..

What? Haven't heard anything about that?

Oh great what are the issues? can someone fill me in please I have been out of the loop for a bit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184473662&postcount=9203

basically some info coming from random users from some messageboard. I would wait for more concrete reviews before I open my copy but it is a bit worrying.

edit: Sounds like these problems are not platform specific, unless I missed someone posting other specific ps4 related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom