• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 next gen update out April 25th also PC ultrawide and more

Sethbacca

I tried installing F4 last month but quickly uninstalled in fear of me hating it for lacking RPG elements. I heard its mostly just a shooter.
You can play it how you want. I played Fallout 3, NV, and 4 using 99% VATS so I don't play it as a shooter myself; but it is fun to go through and play as good or neutral or bad character types and see the repercussions. It could be more robust but it's not as bad as everyone initially made it out to be if you're a fan of the franchise.

Dazraell

I would until we hear otherwise, really looking forward to Fallout London, don't want the Fallout 4 update to stop me playing it.
London devs apparently are planning to post an announcement about this soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the release may be delayed again until they will be sure everything works after that update

mitch1971

So is this a patch for F4 for the ps4 version or a free ps5 version with new trophies for owners of the ps4 version?

Laptop1991

London devs apparently are planning to post an announcement about this soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the release may be delayed again until they will be sure everything works after that update
I hope they stick to the release date and i'll just delay the update, that would be better imo than another delay of the mod until whenever, playing Fallout London is my preferred choice first and i'd play the Fallout 4 update later, but we will wait and see.

Dutchy

I think alot of starfield fans are gonna go back and go "oh wait, no loading and interesting open world is actually better, the normies arent crazy"
This is what I hope will happen.

FO4 was somewhat underwhelming in some area's but still loved it. After 20-30 or so hours of Starfield, I came to appreciate FO4 a lot more. I literally quit SF to replay FO4 not too long ago and I absolutely loved it.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Excellent.

Fallout 4 GoTY edition (with all the DLC) is currently on sale for just $9.99 on XBL.

If it's like Witcher, they might increase the price permanently after this update comes out.

Probably a dumb question but does that apply to the pc version too?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Probably a dumb question but does that apply to the pc version too?

Not from that link but the PC version is also available for the same price here

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Haptics included for the PS5 version

BsogXUu.png

The Stig

Perfect timing. I never played Fallout 4 because of all the people talking shit on it.

Going to try and give it a shot real soon. Couldn't get enough of Starfield, so I could honestly start another Bethesda game. I have the GOTY edition already since it's so affordable.
Its definitely worth playing. Especially with all the DLC there is a hell of a lot of stuff you can do.

The real problem Fallout 4 has is Fallout New Vegas. It has way better quests and stories in general

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
So, I got fallout 4 from the ps4 library that was on ps5 at the start for plus users. If my plus runs out I assume it will be revoked. No biggie. However, how do I buy it in the meantime? Fallout 4 and the goty version have purchased beside them already.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So, I got fallout 4 from the ps4 library that was on ps5 at the start for plus users. If my plus runs out I assume it will be revoked. No biggie. However, how do I buy it in the meantime? Fallout 4 and the goty version have purchased beside them already.
Just buy it. The cost of the DLC alone is more than $10.

If you have the GOTY version, you have everything. PS system UI has weird shit with the way they list games and bundles making it hard to tell.

Last edited:
Already disabled auto update on Steam. I'm more interested in the Fallout London mod that releases 2 days before. Although I expect they might delay again in case the update breaks their mod.

Markio128

Nice surprise! It was always the performance that let the game down, at least on PS4, so I’ll be happy to try it on PS5.

It'll be nice to not have to mod in ultrawide support anymore. Hopefully that includes more than just U.I. improvements, as camera adjustments will be needed too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool, I might replay this if their ultrawide support includes 32:9. I haven't played it since it first released, never played the DLC.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
play it! game's bad rap is very much undeserved, imo. & great dlc, btw...
Yeah, back in 2015 I still listened to people a bit more than I do now. No one ruins releases for me anymore. I just decide entirely on my own. The situation was even worse on Starfield's release and I loved that game. I'll definitely be playing Fallout 4 sometime in the near future.

NickFire

I think I got this a second time as part of PS+ and might have tossed my old disc version. I hope I did not screw myself out of a free update.

Yeah, back in 2015 I still listened to people a bit more than I do now. No one ruins releases for me anymore. I just decide entirely on my own. The situation was even worse on Starfield's release and I loved that game. I'll definitely be playing Fallout 4 sometime in the near future.
well, while I enjoyed starfield for most of the 40+ hours I spent with it, my main problem with the game was, basically, its 'lack of whack'. everything felt just a bit too 'processed', too orderly, structured & modulated. unlike fallout, where everything always manages to somehow feel right on the edge of chaos to me. hard to describe, maybe. not to mention, I also really missed all the disturbing humor...

anyway, pretty sure you'll have fun. enjoy!...

Caio

Excellent.

Fallout 4 GoTY edition (with all the DLC) is currently on sale for just $9.99 on XBL.

If it's like Witcher, they might increase the price permanently after this update comes out.

I'm in, I'll play it again on my XSX, oh yeah.

Top Bottom