• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

I'm alright if the graphics aren't great, but I REALLY need BGS to improve their animation in this game. It took me out of the world of Fallout 3 so many times with its shitty animation.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
yeah, that's the new graphical benchmark of 2006 alright, Gears of War had nothing on this

Oblivion looked great for its scale but calling it a graphical benchmark is revisionist as hell

Oblivion was the console game that announced to the world that next gen had arrived. Gears of War came out over half a year later and was a corridor shooter.

yeah, that's the new graphical benchmark of 2006 alright, Gears of War had nothing on this

Oblivion looked great for its scale but calling it a graphical benchmark is revisionist as hell
Good job posting ultra low pc setting shots.
Nothing looked better than this in 2006
the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion_23.jpg

Gears of war released 7 or 8 months after, and yeah it looked better arguably but it didn't have the wow factor that oblivion had, and oblivion on pc with high settings looked better than gears did on the 360.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's looking like it may be cross-gen after all?

https://np.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

I wonder how much of that reddit post is true.

4b30d20413bec1ccc78c8uxuiv.gif

That was posted 11 months ago, in July 2014.

Most of it is based off of this 2013 Kotaku article, with only a couple things changed, such as gender option, and the random DLC schedule plus Naughty Bear people spin-off: http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

Unless you have something better to back it up, keep it out of the thread please.

First trailer for yet to be released game and people are upset at the graphics?
What are people supposed to be talking about given the substance of this trailer?

Visuals are the star here, and people are reacting to it. That's what happens when a trailer is released showcasing the game's environments and visuals.

If Bethesda wanted people talking up gameplay they could have shown some.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That was the hottest game on the market at the time and it lead a lot of people into the gen. I hear complaints today and its like ''what happen?".

Lingitiz

Good job posting ultra low pc setting shots.
Nothing looked better than this in 2006
the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion_23.jpg

Gears of war released 7 or 8 months after, and yeah it looked better arguably but it didn't have the wow factor that oblivion had, and oblivion on pc with high settings looked better than gears did on the 360.

Oblivion had the wow factor for the scale and draw distance, but damn that art style aged really poorly.

I don't know how literally dozens of people 'aren't sure' whether or not that shit's been posted. It's on every other page ffs.

Oblivion was the console game that announced to the world that next gen had arrived. Gears of War came out over half a year later and was a corridor shooter.

Gears of War was the game that announced to the world that next gen visuals had arrived in force. I remember people talking about that game's visuals for a lot longer than Oblivion's, and there were several games that topped Oblivion's visuals on the market by the end of 2006. You could make the distinction that they're mostly corridor shooters, sure, but I'd still argue that games like FEAR and particularity Gears of War represented the graphical benchmark of the time, and not so much Oblivion, which more represented the scope and ambition next generation games could take on at the time.

That was the hottest game on the market at the time and it lead a lot of people into the gen.

Gears of War sold a lot more copies on 360, and sold a lot more 360s presumably given the incredible marketing emphasis on that game at the time, than Oblivion did.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was 19 when Oblivion came out. I got it on launch with the guide. 9 years later it blows my mind because F4 looks good.

Everyone would be pissed if it was a bullshot, but we are waiting till they show game play footage and lord knows a release date.

Ainsz

But if it looked phenomenal then they'd be like "Inb4 graphics downgrade"

Anyway, never played any of the Fallouts, intending on making this the first one.

I'm not much of an RPG fan. But Fallout 3 was something different. I loved it for the setting, the premise, plot, the world and atmosphere. Nothing else I've played really matches it. The "quests" were great too, not your usual RPG fetch or errand like deal. They had a good deal of depth and had they're little stories attached which were brilliant.

I hope they recapture a lot of that in 4 but I usually find find the RPG set up tiresome. And it'd be hard to even come close to the moment you exit Vault 101 for the first time, holy shit.

"AAArrrrghgh mah eyes! so ugly it buuuurns!" - negative gaf

actually the beginning parts of the video look kinda ehh but for some reason these shots look gorgeous

im guessing theyre more "done"

if all of the trailer were as done as these are then it may have gotten a better general reaction

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I don't know how literally dozens of people 'aren't sure' whether or not that shit's been posted. It's on every other page ffs.

Gears of War was the game that announced to the world that next gen visuals had arrived in force. I remember people talking about that game's visuals for a lot longer than Oblivion's, and there were several games that topped Oblivion's visuals on the market by the end of 2006. You could make the distinction that they're mostly corridor shooters, sure, but I'd still argue that games like FEAR and Gears of War represented the graphical benchmark of the time, and not so much Oblivion, which more represented the scope and ambition next generation games could take on at the time.

Was it Game Informer that had Oblivion on the cover with the caption "Yes this is in game"? To say that Oblivion (and some are saying all of Bethesdas games) have always had horrible graphics is not how i remember history.

Griss

Is it wrong that I miss the pea-green filter? The oppressive atmosphere was one of the reasons I loved Fallout 3. Was it ridiculous that the world would be that way so long after the bombs fell? Sure. Was it also effective at creating dread? Absolutely.

I love colour in games, its one of the reasons I've always been a Nintendo fan. So it feels absurd to say it, but I almost felt like I saw too much colour in that trailer.

Trickster

Is it wrong that I miss the pea-green filter? The oppressive atmosphere was one of the reasons I loved Fallout 3. Was it ridiculous that the world would be that way so long after the bombs fell? Sure. Was it also effective at creating dread? Absolutely.

I love colour in games, its one of the reasons I've always been a Nintendo fan. So it feels absurd to say it, but I almost felt like I saw too much colour in that trailer.

Just get it on pc and you can probably get a mod that will do that within a day or 2

Gears of War was the game that announced to the world that next gen visuals had arrived in force. I remember people talking about that game's visuals for a lot longer than Oblivion's, and there were several games that topped Oblivion's visuals on the market by the end of 2006. You could make the distinction that they're mostly corridor shooters, sure, but I'd still argue that games like FEAR and particularity Gears of War represented the graphical benchmark of the time, and not so much Oblivion, which more represented the scope and ambition next generation games could take on at the time.

That is all true and dandy but the point of even bringing up oblivion is that, even if it was for a brief period Bethesda was capable of setting a new graphical benchmark. Vanilla skyrim looked amazing on pc too in 2011, as did morrowind in 2002. Now however it looks like they aren't even trying with fallout 4. I still think it looks great and will likely be playing it day 1, it's just funny to read all the comments in this thread saying we shouldn't expect good graphics from Bethesda.

Lautaro

What happened to all the people that were excited about a new fallout game? I really liked that thread for the countdown, that one was full of excitement. This one is like the opposite :(

Is it just a whole different bunch of people who didn't say a peep during the countdown thread, and just sat around waiting for there to be anything concrete so they could start bitching and whining about how much bethesda sucks?

So mature... why does it bothers you so much that there's people that feel disappointed about the graphics?

Do you need validation for your hype?

Wow I'm dissapointed, the game looks really ugly. I was hoping to make this my first fallout game but I can't get myself to play a play something so bland looking, it looks like something that could've been done on the PS3.

Chabbles

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's looking like it may be cross-gen after all?

https://np.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

I wonder how much of that reddit post is true.

"Fallout 4 will also be available on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. This version is also being developed by Bethesda Game Studios, but will release a year after the advanced version."

June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
August 2015 - More information
October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
November 2015 - First DLC
December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
January 2016 - Third DLC
March 2016 - Forth DLC
April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Wow I'm dissapointed, the game looks really ugly. I was hoping to make this my first fallout game but I can't get myself to play a play something so bland looking, it looks like something that could've been done on the PS3.

hey friend what about these bits?

DDJzYLr.gif

SOLID SAMUS CLEAN UP AT AISLE 127!!!

hey friend what about these bits?

DDJzYLr.gif

SOLID SAMUS CLEAN UP AT AISLE 127!!!

heeeey, I never said I thought the game looked all that bad :3 I'm excited, and what shortcomings are there I expect the PC version (the only version I ever plan on playing) will address them handily. At the very least I'll have high resolution textures, anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, and quality transparency multisampling for dem dead trees, right off the bat.

Scaled down to gifs any game looks great. Looking at that video, looks like Bethesda went with their old engine and just spent time with making new content. Oh well..

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Reading the little bit of this page, seems like people are already down?

This looks fucking awesome. I'm hyped, it's basically exactly what I wanted.

kurahador

Guess you'll never play Fallout then.

Trickster

So mature... why does it bothers you so much that there's people that feel disappointed about the graphics?

Do you need validation for your hype?

Mature? lol what?

Valid criticism never bothers me, even if I might disagree with it. But posts like this "Wow I'm dissapointed, the game looks really ugly. I was hoping to make this my first fallout game but I can't get myself to play a play something so bland looking, it looks like something that could've been done on the PS3." Do, because that's just a fucking dumb post. And this thread is full of shite like it. And that bums me out, yes. So sue me?

Top Bottom