• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
it seems bugged then,

Because if it doesn't share food and water then that makes supply lines extremely simplistic. Also why would they add water purifiers that add like 40 water to a settlement if the max number of people in a camp is like 20-21. That's extremely overkill.

I really do hope they mean to fix this, because if supply lines are only meant for crafting materials you essentially made a perk that works only for superficial aspects where it could be something really cool.

Imagine having a settlement that deals with farming/water supply for the rest of your settlements, then having another one that works as a central hub and a quick connection to settlements in other locations, and another one that is almost exclusively meant as your commercial settlement.

I wanted to make this crazy Las Vegas-type settlement, with make-shift hotels and everything, that would get its food/water from other camps. If they don't share food and water though I don't think I'll put too much effort into making my whole network of cool commercial camps. And I guess this also means I won't be putting any effort into the system. I already have my central hub and a second settlement. That's good enough for now.

That's because any excess water gets bottled and put into your workshop? Then that counts as "supplies" and therefore gets transferred between settlements?

Zocano

Is there any way to make your companions go back to their starting areas? Would rather have Piper or Nick just be in Diamond City where it's easy to find them.

danowat

Banned
Is there any way to make your companions go back to their starting areas? Would rather have Piper or Nick just be in Diamond City where it's easy to find them.

Pretty sure if you "back out" of the menu (O on PS4), rather than select a settlement when dismissing them, they go back to their default area.

Breads

Banned
XXPhgbb.jpg

A few perks/ hours later and the beast is now complete.

:edit:

Apparently not! I got it up to 911 damage.

nbraun80

The castle spoiler question
found the tunnels, should I not have killed sarge? Did so and can't get into the room he was guarding now, computer says inaccessible, there another way to get in there or did I blow him up too close to the computer?

sangreal

The castle spoiler question
found the tunnels, should I not have killed sarge? Did so and can't get into the room he was guarding now, computer says inaccessible, there another way to get in there or did I blow him up too close to the computer?

the woman is supposed to open it

I seeem to have lost Dogmeat. Anyway to locate him?

Awhile back I sent him to Sanctuary Hills when I picked up Nick. We then went on a quest with Dogmeat following a trail to some building. At that point he left. Much time has passed and I just noticed now he is not at Sanctuary Hills.

anyway to track down a companion?

Kiko

Awhile back I sent him to Sanctuary Hills when I picked up Nick. We then went on a quest with Dogmeat following a trail to some building. At that point he left. Much time has passed and I just noticed now he is not at Sanctuary Hills.

In my game he was still in front of that building.
Or build a little kennel. He will be in there easy to find, IF he is in SH

I really love the effort Bethesda have gone to create unique interactions based on your choices.

I cleared out Corvega before doing USAF Satellite Station Olivia and I could overhear the raiders at the Station talk about how they had to watch out because of what happened to the raiders at Corvega and there's a guy going around targeting them.

Also, the amount of unique dialogue for companions based on characters and locations is really great. Like when Codsworth finds another Mr Handy in Diamond City.

It's amazing how much little things like this add to the experience.

God damnit Preston.

fJKE50K.gif

It's like Fallout 1 all over again.

I just snuck the other way by opening a Master Lock, and after looting the treasures decided to loot the laser tripwires for parts.

The moment I start, fucking Dogmeat decides to take a stroll through the corridor. :lol

EDIT: Shit, I'm gonna have to start getting OT2 ready. :lol

Ken

Huh, stumbled into a full set of
X-01
power armor. Never really used power armor much cause it felt weird roleplaying a stealthy ninja tank though. :/

Has anyone built anything like interior rooms/walls etc.? I cant find any basement/floor/wall combinations that snap onto each other...its a pain.

I lost Dogmeat at that point as well. Turns out he headed back to the Red Rocket where I first found him(just south of SH).

Dogmeat usually hangs out at one of the many doghouses around Sanctuary, so if you ned to find run to all of them and he should be at one of them.

Lelcar

I actually lost Dogmeat before the quest happens where you need him to follow the scent of someone and the game gave him back to me for the quest, but then he disappeared again when I sent him home afterwards.

Finally when back and got the Cryolator. It's pretty deadly at close range.

sangreal

woman? I literally just found this place by just taking back the castle and cleaning up rubble in workshop mode, there a mission that takes you down there?

oh, haha. yeah, it's part of a quest for the minutemen. Once they set up the radio station there, you listen to it until you get a quest to come see some woman

danowat

Banned
Anyone know if there is a list anywhere of all the items and their categories for the workshop menu in the game?

I am forever forgetting where some things are (like magazine racks), so could do with a cheatsheet to show where they are hidden in the menu.

Carcetti

Be careful when looking up info on the companions, I got hit with a pretty big plot spoiler by trying to look up a companion's perk.

Same, there's a gigantic spoiler in any thorough companion list and you might not even need to look up a specific companion to see it.

Has anyone built anything like interior rooms/walls etc.? I cant find any basement/floor/wall combinations that snap onto each other...its a pain.

Ive managed it by deleting exterior walls then connecting to that edge, and finally adding back the original exterior wall.
Its really awkward but does work if you mess about enough.
The only problem is doorways, the only one ive found has a mini roof attached and its impossible to attach that as an interior wall.

Luq

I really love the effort Bethesda have gone to create unique interactions based on your choices.

wat

I will just assume it's first RPG you ever played. There's no other explanation. It completely lacks any depth (in terms of unique interactions) compared to other games from this genre.

Zocano

wat

I will just assume it's first RPG you ever played. There's no other explanation. It completely lacks any depth (in terms of unique interactions) compared to other games from this genre.

You know I keep hearing this and all I can think is "Did nobody actually play a Bethesda RPG before?"

Morrowind was the first and last of Bethesda's RPGs that had anywhere near the variance of the best of the cRPGs.

edit: My actual point is, I have no idea why this game specifically seems to be getting a weird push back here when this is par for the course.

Memnoch

I'm 44 hours in and just made it to Diamond City......its just too easy to get sidetracked and just go exploring,looting and crafting.

My base is so shit and I don't even care, I've spent hours on it, It's crazy.

Def getting my money's worth for a change.

Level 22 at 40 hours and haven't made it to Diamond City. Getting close. This game is glorious.

Luq

You know I keep hearing this and all I can think is "Did nobody actually play a Bethesda RPG before?"

Morrowind was the first and last of Bethesda's RPGs that had anywhere near the variance of the best of the cRPGs.

edit: My actual point is, I have no idea why this game specifically seems to be getting a weird push back here when this is par for the course.

"Bethesda RPG" is not separate genre. Fallout 4 is RPG and you just can't treat it differently than the others.

Bethesda did some brilliant things with this game (I've given it 7/10 in a review) but "character interactions" is simply terribly shallow. It's a fact not an opinion.

Haunted

pro tip: don't go on a wiki for a game you don't want to get spoiled on

I know everyone's trying their best to be courteous, but it never works out 100%. Don't look up a fighter's bio if he's part of an event you haven't watched yet, don't look at an actor's imdb if he's in a new movie that just came out etc

I kinda don't like how they handled companions this time around. I kinda wish that they had gone the New Vegas route with companions always giving perks as long as you have them and these perks changing depending on your choices for them. As it is now (permanent perks, but only if you max out relations) it's really hurting the little roleplay elements that are left IMO, especially since some of those perks are insanely overpowered. For instance, I've got Preston as a follower now and I find myself every conversation thinking, 'which answer will increase my standing with him?' instead of thinking 'which answer suits my character the best?'
I think that's completely fine? The game basically constantly asks you whether you want to prioritise min/maxing gameplay elements or want to roleplay your character appropriately. I regularly ignore much superior armour to what I have equipped because there's no way my character would wear that.

That said, I've had a miserable time finding appropriate responses for my character, dialogue options are so much more limited and narrow this time around, I'm having a lot of trouble playing my character in a way I enjoy during dialogue. That's what's hurting my enjoyment of that aspect of the game more than anything else.

wat

The game takes note of changes in the world, and has unique interactions based on who you're travelling with. It's a nice added touch.

It may not have the depth of older RPGs in this regard, but it certainly has more of it than a whole bunch of other recent open world/rpgs.

Zocano

"Bethesda RPG" is not separate genre. Fallout 4 is RPG and you just can't treat it differently than the others.

Bethesda did some brilliant things with this game (I've given it 7/10 in a review) but "character interactions" is simply terribly shallow. It's a fact not an opinion.

I'm not treating it differently, I'm specifically addressing people who seem flabbergasted and say this game has less "RPG stuff" than their prior games when it is pretty much the same (and I might argue it actually has more stuff going on once you get late game). It makes a shitty first impression but people are treating this game like it's a big misstep on Bethesda's part when they haven't really done anything differently (which is bad in its own right but not unexpected).

Do vendors start selling the ammo for the Gauss rifle later on? I went and snagged the one from
the Brotherhood airship
and only have around 40 rounds.

I did some of the Diamond City Blues quest tonight, and I really don't understand what's going on... [bitching about quest details]
so, Paul asked me to tell the bartender to stop banging his wife. Ok, sure. I passed a charisma check to persuade Paul not to come along when I talked to Henry Cooke. So, I talked to Henry passed a check to convince him that Paul's wife wasn't worth killing or being killed over. ...And then he brings up this shit about a chems deal? What does that have to do with this—you already agreed to stop fucking her—and why couldn't I say no to getting involved in this bullshit? So, I go to the deal, have to watch him kill a really clever ghoul lady, and he finally fucks off, but my quest tracker is now saying that I convinced Paul that I should get the entire take?... when I haven't said anything about the chems to him? I don't get why there'd even be an option of splitting this with someone who wasn't there and, as far as I know, who knew nothing of this deal. And, according to a wiki page, not splitting the take leads to the (mildly) undesirable outcome of the Colonial Taphouse being empty? blaaah Bethesda games

Well I crash every time I fast travel now.

60 hours in, finally having bugged out issues.
That's a hell of a bug; sorry. 60 hours was when I started getting bugs, too. Nothing major, but I'm sure that will change.

I don't read/follow many of the mini stories in locations because I find most of them dull but I actually LOVED the one in a high school with the mentats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom