• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Speculation Thread - Graphic talk elsewhere please.

Recall

How about we leave the graphics talk elsewhere and actually discuss what we saw in the trailer?

Bobbleheads and skill magazines were both in background shots implying that the game is using both FO3 and NV style bonuses, which is cool.

The playable character already has his own home/base? No quest to obtain one or a quest to obtain a better base?

How about we leave the graphics talk elsewhere and actually discuss what we saw in the trailer?

Bobbleheads and skill magazines were both in background shots implying that the game is using both FO3 and NV style bonuses, which is cool.

The playable character already has his own home/base? No quest to obtain one or a quest to obtain a better base?

1. Could be one that we acquire sometime through the story, I like it actually, sort of a ranch style home base with garage to give that perfect Frontier feeling

2. The flashback is guaranteed to be the opening and that baby will be important, probably the great-grandfather of the protagonist as the leak suggests

3. NCR or possibly Brotherhood have become a lot stronger in the commonwealth thanks to the technology hidden inside The Institute

4. Hopefully the game is essentially Old World Blues times 10

5. Our character may also be an android implanted with false mammaries

EDIT:

AIRSHIP HOME BASE!! OH PLEASE!!

Doc_Drop

Great disclaimer re: no graphics chat

Given that it looks like Boston but it also features wasteland/desert type landscape, would it be safe to say multiple locations? I don't really know Boston, and I suppose it could also be the devastation left by bombs as to the wasteland/desert area?

Edit: Not super hyped on voiced main protag unless it does not directly affect my choice regarding custom character

Boof

I hope there are some playable flashbacks to before the bombs dropped. Would love to get to interact in that world. Would give a sense of depth that will be new and fresh to the franchise.

No cazadores from the looks of it and also

Deathclaws are back !! Hoping for actual talking deathclawz like in fallout 1/2 *_*

Probably live gameplay at e3

Hip Hop

I hope there are some playable flashbacks to before the bombs dropped. Would love to get to interact in that world. Would give a sense of depth that will be new and fresh to the franchise.

Yeah, that would be nice. I want to see how people reacted to the bombs being dropped, what was happening before that. The world was already in panic mode with the all the instability going on. I hope they dwell on that a bit.

1. Main story involving pre-war timeline

2. Dogmeat, or maybe offspring of dogmeat? I vote we call him Puppymeat.

3. Mayflower ship with turbo boosters. I doubt there will be vehicles, but this one interests me.

4. "Welcome Home", and the friendship with a potential Dogmeat makes me wonder if this could be the continuation of 101 Vaultdweller's story, but then the 111 makes me think it will be a new protagonist completely.

5. Main protagonist talks in the trailer, does that mean some voice acting from him ala Booker in Bioshock Infinite?

The Institute and androids will most likely be playing a big part in the game.

(The Institute was the Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

From the wiki
Little is known about the Institute other than that the scientists working in the sealed environment possess highly advanced technology and technological skills. The Institute has created true artificial intelligence (A.I.) and is capable of manufacturing androids, also referred to as "synths" - short for "synthetic humans".

Another organization active against the Commonwealth, the Railroad, functions in direct opposition to the Institute. Named in honor of the Underground Railroad, the Railroad's mission is the rescue and salvation of synthetic humanoids primarily, though enslavement as a whole is also fought against.

There is a special branch of the Commonwealth police called the Synth Retention Bureau. It is tasked with recovering synths that attempt to escape from the Institute.

Theres a Fallout 3 mission involving it.

I like the doggy. Just wouldn't be a Fallout without a dog. Even though ED-E was probably the more effective companion, I always rolled with Rex in New Vegas once I got him.

I'm guessing they will have you play through the section before the bombs explode and have you run to the Vault. Maybe it will be a cryogenics or life extension Vault and you will be someone who was alive before the fallout.

I mean i don't think they'd create all those assets just to use them in a trailer.

now that'd be a serious twist :) ...

HAHAHA! Oh shit!

I suppose that could be a joke in the game, your eccentric creator says mammries which freaks the protagonist out (especially if male) but then he corrects himself... MEMORIES!

The NCR shouldn't be anywhere near Boston unless this is like set in the 2500s.

I hope there is no Enclave or Super Mutants.

Enclave would be a real deal-breaker but there will probably be a few Super Mutants with justification for their presence
An yes you're right, NCR would be on the other side of the country and not near Boston
Looking at the US Map it's way up north, so would be nice to have more greenery and maybe even snow as per the trailer

Bruh, lets talk about those animations those ghouls had in that grocery store with the shopping carts.

Those animations looks like the idtech animations from Rage with the enemies reacting to their surroundings, aka, the feral ghoul knocking over a shopping cart and another ghoul reacts to the shopping cart when bumping into it.

The animations looked really smooth and fast paced and such.

It looked so good.

Man I can't wait to see what the modding community will do with this game.

Oh yeah and that Pre-war stuff in the trailer is almost assuredly going to be the prologue before the game starts, it goes along with the leaked script that came out a while ago

1993h06hw9hg8png.png

And if the protagonist is voiced it confirms this even more

Welfare

You can send Dogmeat 2 to scour the Waste for supplies to bring to a home base.

Main central hub like Vegas where the main story will be focused on.

Brotherhood team up with Androids.

Vaults will offer flashback sequences to how people lived in the vaults.

War never changes.

I'm guessing they will have you play through the section before the bombs explode and have you run to the Vault. Maybe it will be a cryogenics or life extension Vault and you will be someone who was alive before the fallout.

I mean i don't think they'd create all those assets just to use them in a trailer.

That's what the leaks said, anyway. It's possible the father you see at the start and the Vault Dweller at the end are one and the same, they definitely look alike.

TWWeBUC.jpg

lTzFmdY.jpg

vareon

I like the feeling of home in an open world, particularly in post-apocalyptic. Just that one place to return to after a long day of adventuring.

So yeah, I hope that garage is our base somehow.

The man in the vault suit and the father of the baby look like the same person. Which would also then fit with those leaked Kotaku pages - especially if they're in the vault.

I'm assuming: the bomb happens, the man, wife and baby all go into the vault, they're cryogenically frozen until now, and then he leaves to get something they need, finds his home and oh god this sounds like the worst fanfic so I'll stop.

1. Could be one that we acquire sometime through the story, I like it actually, sort of a ranch style home base with garage to give that perfect Frontier feeling

2. The flashback is guaranteed to be the opening and that baby will be important, probably the great-grandfather of the protagonist as the leak suggests

3. NCR or possibly Brotherhood have become a lot stronger in the commonwealth thanks to the technology hidden inside The Institute

4. Hopefully the game is essentially Old World Blues times 10

5. Our character may also be an android implanted with false mammaries

EDIT:

AIRSHIP HOME BASE!! OH PLEASE!!

2. I don't see any evidence to support that the flashback events on the trailer are of any relevance to the actual game.

3. No NCR in Boston

4. It's Bethesda so nope.

Maybe you are the baby?

Fallout games are always set many decades after the apocalypse. I'd guess no.

Hip Hop

So what do you guys think release date is gonna be?

I'm pretty sure they started as soon as Skyrim hit. So that would be 4 years of dev by the end of 2015, which is plenty of time I would say to be done. Skyrim and Fallout 3 took around 3 years I believe.

would honestly not be surprised if it releases in 2015 at this point. The question is, which month?

October is too soon, November seems crowded, is December something they would touch?

If not, I guess my other guess would be somewhere around March '16

Cptkrush

This looks like it has to take place after 3, so you probably aren't the dude with the baby. Probably a relative though. I just really want all the buildings to be explorable without loading screens.

I speculate that there will be a lot of bugs.....

It seems to be a standard feature in all previous Fallouts. The trend should continue...

My speculation:
Lot's and lot's of DLC followed by one huge controversy surrounding it at some point from now till release. Then another drama on/shortly after release.
/GetHypedDoe, BuggyLaunch, 8/8 M8.

Aizo

Banned
That's what the leaks said, anyway. It's possible the father you see at the start and the Vault Dweller at the end are one and the same, they definitely look alike.

TWWeBUC.jpg

lTzFmdY.jpg
Alternatively, the protag is the baby. That way, you're not forced to be male.

Gaz_RB

I wonder if the pre war stuff will tie into your characters background. Like the tutorial/character creation segment will be based around that. I certainly hope there isn't a ton of time travel or flashbacks throughout the game.

Linkhero1

Boston is confirm as the setting, correct? If so, is it safe to say that there will be towns surrounding Boston? I would assume yes but I've only played New Vegas so I'm not sure how the setting was in Fallout 3.

Top Bottom