• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: You want a lot of adhesive??? OF COURSE YOU DO!!!

Kssio_Aug

This game seems complicate. Should I buy?

It is a bit complicated at the start cause there are too much content and they don't really explain much to you. You need to explore and try using things so you can understand it better.

The crafting system is very complete, but also not hard to use. You basically collect everything you find on the game and bring it to your settlement (a safe zone) where you can dispatch them and use their materials to make weapon and armor upgrades.

Your question is a bit too vague though. I'd recommend you to watch some game play so you can have a better idea of how everything works.

Thank god, I was wondering what I was gonna do once I used up the last of my adhesives.

Now here is another set of questions, first of all what is the most common source of screws? For me it's 10mm pistols thanks to the perk that breaks them down into additional parts too. Secondly, is there an easy way to manage materials for crafting? I don't like carrying 150 pounds of junk, currently I just have a shelf next to the crafting table where I stash all my junk and then pull it out as I need it but it's kind of a pain.

Is there a storage facility or something I can build that I can deposit stuff into and it will auto use from that bin while I am in the settlement?

Store your items inside the crafting tables. When your about a cooking station, chemitry set, armorer, or weapon station, use the "TRANSFER" option that shows up on the screen when you look at the items. There's a button/key on the screen you can press to instantly transfer all your junk to the crafting stations when your at the transferring screen.

All Crafting tables in a settlement share the same inventory. All crafting table use the materials in your personal inventory and the inventory on the crafting table itself.

So in other words, anything you dont wanna carry, and want to use later for crafting, just dump it in your crafting table inventory.

iNvid02

cool, im stocked up on adhesive though, i seem to have wonderglue coming out my ass and i don't know why

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Store your items inside the crafting tables. When your about a cooking station, chemitry set, armorer, or weapon station, use the "TRANSFER" option that shows up on the screen when you look at the items. There's a button/key on the screen you can press to instantly transfer all your junk to the crafting stations when your at the transferring screen.

All Crafting tables in a settlement share the same inventory. All crafting table use the materials in your personal inventory and the inventory on the crafting table itself.

So in other words, anything you dont wanna carry, and want to use later for crafting, just dump it in your crafting table inventory.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh my god this is the best news.

So if I collect for example phone, after I store it, materials from it can be automatically used without needing to scrap it?

So if I collect for example phone, after I store it, materials from it can be automatically used without needing to scrap it?

Yup, that is exactly how it works.

Just collect and dump. The items are automatically converted to the components you need when you craft something.

And because of that, I pick up EVERYTHING. I'll drop weapons and armor to make room for more junk.

BUT, things like armor, or weapons(anything your character can equip), those need to be scrapped first if you want to use their components(leather, screws, copper).

Yup, that is exactly how it works.

Just collect and dump. The items are automatically converted to the components you need when you craft something.

And because of that, I pick up EVERYTHING. I'll drop weapons and armor to make room for more junk.

BUT, things like armor, or weapons(anything your character can equip), those need to be scrapped first if you want to use their components(leather, screws, copper).
Ok, great! I have so much stuff collected already, good to know I didn't do it for nothing!

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
It is a bit complicated at the start cause there are too much content and they don't really explain much to you. You need to explore and try using things so you can understand it better.

The crafting system is very complete, but also not hard to use. You basically collect everything you find on the game and bring it to your settlement (a safe zone) where you can dispatch them and use their materials to make weapon and armor upgrades.

Your question is a bit too vague though. I'd recommend you to watch some game play so you can have a better idea of how everything works.

Yeah, I probably should watch a bit. I thought I knew what to expect from FO3 so I've been going in blind. Seeing a few mentions of things I wasn't expecting. I like a big game but, sometimes, I get pretty good at games that feel overly big without good reason.

I think my game is glitched. I planted all that stuff from Graygarden in Sanctuary and as far as I can tell none of it is actually growing. Most of the plants I can't even select any more when I'm in workshop view. I'm about ready to give up on the dream.

I think my game is glitched. I planted all that stuff from Graygarden in Sanctuary and as far as I can tell none of it is actually growing. Most of the plants I can't even select any more when I'm in workshop view. I'm about ready to give up on the dream.

You need to assign workers to those plants for them to grow

Where the hell do i plant my crops? Been walking all over sanctuary and I cant find a spot.
I planted mine in the dirt between houses but that might not be a good idea because none of them are growing and I can't select half of them any more.

Every single plant?

I planted mine in the dirt between houses but that might not be a good idea because none of them are growing and I can't select half of them any more.

No one is assigned to the plants, that's why it's not growing. Go into "build mode", select one of your settlers, then go to the crops and assign them to it.

Each person will cover a certain radius of crops. You'll be able to tell which plants are being worked on or not when you hover over them and the person icon is red.

No one is assigned to the plants, that's why it's not growing. Go into "build mode", select one of your settlers, then go to the crops and assign them to it.

Each person will cover a certain radius of crops. You'll be able to tell which plants are being worked on or not when you hover over them and the person icon is red.
Ok. I'll give that a shot again (I have assigned people to plants but it's hard to tell what that radius is.)

What do I do if I can't even select the plants any more as has happened with half my plants?

Top Bottom