• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family Guy... the game?!

VALIS

I haven't heard anything about this and I'm browsing some upcoming release lists and see it's coming out in a few weeks! Xbox, PS2, GC and PSP. What are the chances of it not sucking? I'll tell ya one thing, the art looks great. I might buy it for that reason alone. This is how Simpsons games should've looked instead of 3D modeling the characters.

(screens from Xbox version)
family-guy-20060911105935428.jpg

family-guy-20060911105931991.jpg

family-guy-20060911105931334.jpg

family-guy-20060829023622050.jpg

relyt9

Lol, you're just now finding out about this...

Anyways, IMO, Family Guy is mediocre. I'm not saying I don't laugh at it, but it's just too much child humor for me to enjoy. Shows like ATHF, Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, Metalocalypse, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, etc. Are better shows that have way better writing. [/rant]

Damn... I'm going on too many rants today.

GilloD

Banned
That's the best looking PSX game I've seen yet. Wait. XBox? Oh. Dunno. Looks like a bad version of SImpson's Arcade

relyt9 said:
Anyways, IMO, Family Guy is mediocre. I'm not saying I don't laugh at it, but it's just too much child humor for me to enjoy.

That's exactly why it's so popular. It's a shame that Family Guy got so many chances to shine, while good shows like The Critic and Futurama go almost entirely unnoticed by popular culture.

Alos, I don't think there's a GC version anymore.

qcf x2

Looks terrible to me. I'd be interested in seeing what a good developer could do with the license on next-generation consoles, though.

Sallokin

miguel_c_hammer said:
That's exactly why it's so popular. It's a shame that Family Guy got so many chances to shine, while good shows like The Critic and Futurama go almost entirely unnoticed by popular culture.

Alos, I don't think there's a GC version anymore.

Actually Futurama is coming to comedy central in 2008, and there are something like 3 or 4 movies being made as well.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Sallokin said:
Actually Futurama is coming to comedy central in 2008, and there are something like 3 or 4 movies being made as well.

I heard when it goes to Comedy Central, they're going to start making new episodes too.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Looks fine for what it is, these games are all about giving the fans a kick, thats what (all) futurama did, the story of that was an extra episode of the show (and a great one too imo). And all the little sketches in this will be just as cool to anyone that likes family guy.

VALIS

Ghost said:
Looks fine for what it is, these games are all about giving the fans a kick, thats what (all) futurama did, the story of that was an extra episode of the show (and a great one too imo). And all the little sketches in this will be just as cool to anyone that likes family guy.

Thank you. What the hell do people expect from something like this? Cutting edge 3D modeling and gameplay as deep as Oblivion? Looks like it might be fun, and the faux-hand drawn art style looks great.

Top Bottom