• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Ranger X

Glanced through the thread but didn't see a confirmation...

Phoenix Wright Wiiware is sold by CASES or by episodes? I mean, is it like Ace Attorney but episodic or it's Ace Attoney followed by Justice for all and then Trials and Tribulations?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ranger X said:
it's Ace Attoney followed by Justice for all and then Trials and Tribulations

EDIT: Oh, and the fifth case in Ace Attorney is sold separately (AA1 is cheaper without it, and costs the same as the other games with it).

zoukka

onken said:
I have the PS2 version of Killer7, it's fine. What is supposedly wrong with it?

Loading times, jaggies, worse framerate etc... nothing major though.

But yeah I thought this would be a completely new NMH :/ Guys it won't be all that good without the waggle :/

Akai

Ranger X said:
Glanced through the thread but didn't see a confirmation...

Phoenix Wright Wiiware is sold by CASES or by episodes? I mean, is it like Ace Attorney but episodic or it's Ace Attoney followed by Justice for all and then Trials and Tribulations?

Again, it's the entire games...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jocchan said:
Sorry, but I don't buy such absurd artistic reasons. It's true Suda does do that stuff sometimes but let's not go overboard, shall we?

sometimes, art is absurd

Anyway, it's fun to interpret it in a way other than "the devs were lazy/ran out of time/were cash-strapped."

Xeke said:
I feel like NMH will sell significantly less on the PS3 + 360 combined.

Given it's 2 years late, full price and no graphical upgrade, that could be a fair assessment.
It really should have been a Shinobu spin off.

Chemo

AceBandage said:
Given it's 2 years late, full price and no graphical upgrade, that could be a fair assessment.
It really should have been a Shinobu spin off.
No graphical upgrade? Glad you've seen the real mag instead of the blurry ass scans and/or played it already to give us this expert analysis.

Chemo said:
No graphical upgrade? Glad you've seen the real mag instead of the blurry ass scans and/or played it already to give us this expert analysis.

From what we've seen, it looks exactly the same except with maybe a bit better lighting.
Not that I blame them, they don't really have the money for a full graphical overhaul of a Wii game for the HD consoles.

Chemo

AceBandage said:
From what we've seen, it looks exactly the same except with maybe a bit better lighting.
Not that I blame them, they don't really have the money for a full graphical overhaul of a Wii game for the HD consoles.
And it's always good to make firm decisions about what a freshly-announced game is and is not based solely on blurry scans less than 24 hours after it was revealed, rather than waiting for video and actual screenshots.

Threi

notag
Chemo said:
And it's always good to make firm decisions about what a freshly-announced game is and is not based solely on blurry scans less than 24 hours after it was revealed, rather than waiting for video and actual screenshots.
At the very least you can tell that the models are the same. What are you expecting from a company the size of Grasshopper though? Especially considering this is a port?

Chemo said:

And it's nice to have dreams about a game being ported from Wii by a tiny studio to magically look a million times better.

Ranger X

Jocchan said:

EDIT: Oh, and the fifth case in Ace Attorney is sold separately (AA1 is cheaper without it, and costs the same as the other games with it).

So it's the entire games that will be "Wiiwared" back to back...
Shiiit, if it's full sound quality and "full-res" PC asset (well, 480p instead of "blown-up DS ones") I will simply rebuy that trilogy.

Don

I love the Wii remote controls for No More Heroes, but I will get the PS3 version anyway for the improved graphics (and hopefully improved framerate) and any other extras that they add. Also if it comes over to Europe uncensored this time then even better.

Not too interested in Ace Attorney on Wii even though I love that series. Those games just feel like the perfect handheld games to me.

markatisu

Chemo said:

You do realize how small Grasshoper is don't you? They celebrated at 300-500k in sales of NMH worldwide.

Its not going to be some magic difference, its going to look sharper and run smoother. But its not like you are going to get brand new models of Travis and co.

Regardless I just hope this time Japan shows some taste and actually picks it up, unlike the last time

3889902106_1efcebed81.jpg

Chemo

AceBandage said:
And it's nice to have dreams about a game being ported from Wii by a tiny studio to magically look a million times better.
markatisu said:
You do realize how small Grasshoper is don't you? They celebrated at 300-500k in sales of NMH worldwide.

Its not going to be some magic difference, its going to look sharper and run smoother. But its not like you are going to get brand new models of Travis and co.
I'd like both of you to find one single instance in this thread where I even entertained the notion that I was going to jump to one conclusion or another before actually seeing some real media.

I know Grasshopper's size and capabilities. But fuck making assumptions without decent media. This shit could run at 60fps for all you know, which would dramatically increase the visual quality of the game even with only moderately touched up Wii assets.

My point: None of you know for sure, so stop acting like you do.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
markatisu said:
Regardless I just hope this time Japan shows some taste and actually picks it up, unlike the last time

3889902106_1efcebed81.jpg
I still want that toilet paper :/

Ranger X

AceBandage said:
I have yet to see an instance of a game running in 60FPS make it look better.
Run smoother and faster, yes, but look better? No.

It's the animations and the image that is smooth, not the sound or the gameplay so personally I think the framerate is part of what makes a game LOOK better.

Ranger X said:
It's the animations and the image that is smooth, not the sound or the gameplay so personally I think the framerate is part of what makes a game LOOK better.

Didn't NMH on the Wii run at 30FPS? So wouldn't the animations still be made for that?

Durante said:
Wow. I guess Insomniac were right :(

I wouldn't say that. I agree that games that run at 60FPS feel faster and smoother, and certain genres (FPS and racing) should certainly be 60FPS as opposed to 30.
But if a game runs at 60 I just don't see it looking better. I dunno, that's just me.

Threi said:
At the very least you can tell that the models are the same. What are you expecting from a company the size of Grasshopper though? Especially considering this is a port?

The models being the same is not really a big deal for a game like this. The game gets by on it's unique artstyle. Rendering at 720p or 1080p, some nice IQ and polish and that's all I ask for.

See: Halfway down : http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=356785&page=27

^^ If it looks that good color me a happy camper.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I forgot if it was MrWhitefolks that said it but, the textures in No More Heroes were at a resolution that is uncommon for Wii games but normal for HD titles. Considering that it was originally a 360 game, I can't help but wonder if the original had any significant progress in development in HD.

Maybe this port will show off a little bit of what it originally was

Threi

notag
AceBandage said:
Didn't NMH on the Wii run at 30FPS?
On a (very) good day it could sometimes achieve 30fps, yeah

I do welcome a stable framerate if possible on the PS360 port. However the poor framerate on the Wii version was due to bad programming more than anything, so who knows what will happen :lol

D-X

NMH reaching a wider audience can only be a good thing. And if there are any Wii fans feeling burned well just enjoy the sequel

D-X said:
NMH reaching a wider audience can only be a good thing. And if there are any Wii fans feeling burned well just enjoy the sequel

There's an entire 1 meltdown I've read so far. And I think it was a joke.

Clearly the Wii crowd is in an uproar.

markatisu

AceBandage said:
Didn't NMH on the Wii run at 30FPS? So wouldn't the animations still be made for that?

Maybe when you were running around the empty city :lol

But it took a dump when you were facing like 30 people and trying pull off the crazy ass powerups (Blueberry Cheese Brownie, Strawberry on the Shortcake!!)

Thats the main benefit I see from this port, I just do not think it will do much for sales since JP seemed to not give a shit the last time the game was out. NMH2 is being made for the western audiences that actually bought the first, not Japan.

I would love to be proven wrong, I really think NMH is a good IP that deserves to sell.

Oh fuck it just hit me.

Are they going to censor the blood in this version?

Oh god that would be a shit sandwhich for those of us looking forward to finally playing this game.

Threi said:
On a (very) good day it could sometimes achieve 30fps, yeah

I do welcome a stable framerate if possible on the PS360 port. However the poor framerate on the Wii version was due to bad programming more than anything, so who knows what will happen :lol
The frame rate wasn't that bad. There were a few parts in the game where it was 60 fps. I hope the port can maintain 60 fps. That's not really asking for much considering the hardware.

Wallach

Arpharmd B said:
Oh fuck it just hit me.

Are they going to censor the blood in this version?

Oh god that would be a shit sandwhich for those of us looking forward to finally playing this game.

Why do you think they would do that...?

Threi

notag
sonicspear64 said:
The frame rate wasn't that bad. There were a few parts in the game where it was 60 fps. I hope the port can maintain 60 fps. That's not really asking for much considering the hardware.
Sometimes. Depositing money in the ATM sticks in my head as a frame drop that made absolutely no sense whatsoever though :lol

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
sonicspear64 said:
The frame rate wasn't that bad. There were some parts in the game where it was 60 fps.
That makes it even worse that that it would drop so badly.

Although I did like when I killed 5 guys at the same time and the motion blur kicks in followed by blood and slowdown. Felt good.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
sonicspear64 said:
I recently did a third playthrough of No More Heroes during the summer. The game definitely struggled in maintaining 30FPS. I don't even remember there being a time where the game ran at 60FPS.

Jangaroo said:
I recently did a third playthrough of No More Heroes during the summer. The game definitely struggled in maintaining 30FPS. I don't even remember there being a time where the game ran at 60FPS.

That's a sign of awful coding. I haven't played the game, but one game I can think of that does this is that Hard Boiled movie sequel that was a game, forget the name right now, but in the demo the game was a choppy 30 FPS until you faced a wall with nothing else on screen, it magically jumped to a full 60 or higher.

D-X

Arpharmd B said:
There's an entire 1 meltdown I've read so far. And I think it was a joke.

Clearly the Wii crowd is in an uproar.

I said "IF there are any Wii fans feeling burned"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Jangaroo said:

I distinctly remember NMH running at 60FPS at the very beginning of the game, in Death Metal's mansion. For about a minute. Then never again. :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
sonicspear64 said:
The frame rate wasn't that bad. There were a few parts in the game where it was 60 fps.
You sure? Except, probably, when you saved your game I seriously doubt it ever went past 30 fps. I hope they get constant 60 fps and at least 720p in this remake though. 1080p would be even better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Threi said:
Sometimes. Depositing money in the ATM sticks in my head as a frame drop that made absolutely no sense whatsoever though :lol
Yeah :lol

Arpharmd B said:
I thought it was censored in the Japanese Wii version?
It is.

Peff

I've just remembered the awful slowdown there was in the fighting mission in the alley which was the best one for farming money. If you happened to kill two or three enemies at once the result wasn't pretty.

EDIT: This one!

Top Bottom