• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #922 scans

Jonnyram

Cancer Dam: Target
renders nowhere
In Sight
60% complete

Sangokushi Taisen DS
75% complete

Minna no Tennis
100% complete

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Mobile Suit Gundam's models look very nice, but its still in that boring desolate canyon that they had the demo in at E3...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
actually it looks like the city environment from the old "playable" demo is in there, but downgraded almost beyond recognition. i think i see a pattern forming :lol

drohne said:
actually it looks like the city environment from the old "playable" demo is in there, but downgraded almost beyond recognition. i think i see a pattern forming :lol

I see a pattern alright...

...in your posting.

booya.

drohne said:
Or it's a different level. *Gasp* games with multiple levels and enviorments.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
drohne said:

that might just be the scans and the size of the pictures on paper in the first place =p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I knew the gundam pics would be new! looks better than e3 for sure, just need to get some more environments going.

thanks for the scans.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bad_Boy said:
I knew the gundam pics would be new! looks better than e3 for sure, just need to get some more environments going.

thanks for the scans.

And you have been asking for them all day. Just think about all those dumb people ragging on Gundam earlier today. :lol :lol :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jonnyram said:
Sega. It's based on their arcade game that uses cards.

Hot. That arcade game is badass, but too expensive.

Jonnyram

Holy shit... I just noticed it says that Sega has already sold more than 100 million cards for that Sangokushi arcade game!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jonnyram said:
Holy shit... I just noticed it says that Sega has already sold more than 100 million cards for that Sangokushi arcade game!

Not surprising. Whenever I see the game in an arcade, the machines are always full, and each machine has a huge line up. I never got into it hardcore, because 1) too expensive and 2) I could never get no a freaking machine to play!

Zaptruder

Banned
From what little I can make out of the gundam city shots, it's not looking too bad at all.

Sure desert is boring, but you'll get that with desert.

Also, the missing limbs shots from the last page is pretty damn impressive!

mckmas8808

Zaptruder said:
From what little I can make out of the gundam city shots, it's not looking too bad at all.

So impressive that the naysayers from earlier have nothing to say.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Zaptruder said:

ya I've never seen a good desert in a game either. im sure that once u play the game u will feel like your really in the sahara. when i went to the grand canyon with my mom i didnt say "lol there arent many polygons" i said "wow look at the grand artistry of desolation!!!"

thetrin

So I gather that players will only have access to GMs and Zakus for this game? There don`t seem to be any shots of Gundams themselves.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
mckmas8808 said:
And you have been asking for them all day. Just think about all those dumb people ragging on Gundam earlier today. :lol :lol :lol
Haha i know man, I was starting to think nobody cared about the scans. Thank god for Jonnyram. People can stop looking at those china demo setups with the same build from e3. I think its fair to say this is the most recent look of the game and I'd say it has the fedility of the orginal CG trailer, minus the building destruction which we cant see in still images. The desert areas do need some work though, seems very empty.

from 10% to 60% makes me wonder if they can make launch window (november/december).

mckmas8808

Bad_Boy said:
Haha i know man, I was starting to think nobody cared about the scans. Thank god for Jonnyram. People can stop looking at those china demo setups with the same build from e3. I think its fair to say this is the most recent look of the game and I'd say it has the fedility of the orginal CG trailer, minus the building destruction which we cant see in still images. The desert areas do need some work though, seems very empty.

from 10% to 60% makes me wonder if they can make launch window (november/december).

Yeah I think they will try to make the Japanese launch. I funny and sad to see people rag on the "new" downgrade graphics, then not say how they were mistaken once we see this build.

Why do so many people love to hate on Sony? I think the samething will happen when we see new Lair media.

thetrin

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah I think they will try to make the Japanese launch. I funny and sad to see people rag on the "new" downgrade graphics, then not say how they were mistaken once we see this build.

Why do so many people love to hate on Sony? I think the samething will happen when we see new Lair media.

They need someone to hate. Microsoft has done so much right in the last couple months, they`ve completely forgotten the days when MS continually ****ed them in the ass on PC. Nintendo was super popular at E3, so hating on Nintendo would look like silly trolling. Sony`s E3 conference was so deplorable, that hating on Sony is sooo easy.

Frankly, factoring in both my PC experience and my Xbox/Xbox360 experience, I find the MS love pretty disconcerting. They`ve ****ed me over on more than a few occasions.

mckmas8808

ThirdEye said:
So... who paid the piper? :D

What does that mean?

And here is what everyone is waiting for?

Comparisions!!!!

gundam1ir0.jpg

vs.

gundam2ko8.jpg

Verdict?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
HomerSimpson-Man said:
OMG! They are totally different color and decale!!

It's totally....er...upgra...downgrad...ahh-screw-it...say whatever fits your need.
Composed of fewer colors. Clearly a downgrade!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
mckmas8808 said:
What does that mean?

And here is what everyone is waiting for?

Comparisions!!!!

gundam1ir0.jpg

vs.

gundam2ko8.jpg

Verdict?

looks like exactly the same model with different textures.

Mario_Hugo

Lisa Edelstein's dad touched my private parts. True fact.
Wow, I may venture to say I prefer the new gundam to that prerendered stuff.

mckmas8808

Mario_Hugo said:
Wow, I may venture to say I prefer the new gundam to that prerendered stuff.

:lol

Yeah I know what you mean. Where's D Charlie? I want some money.

Gundam doesn't look as good as the target render, but what game has turned out as good as its target visual lately? The draw distance seems strangely close, with the distance fog/fade on geometry pretty apparent. The models look pretty nice, but the lighting is substantially lesser than the target render...although it now looks more like a live-action show with guys in suits...which is kinda cool, actually. Reminds me of Ultraman Fighting Evolution on the PS1. Looks pretty good, IMO.

mckmas8808

MightyHedgehog said:
but the lighting is substantially lesser than the target render.

Yeah but one screenshot is direct feed, while the other is a scan of a magazine screenshoot.

Can't really compare the lighting.

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaptruder said:

Gameplay aside the graphics look sweet.

Jonnyram

neo2046 said:
thanks a lot Jonny! :D
anything special about Camelot's interview?
I just glanced over it because I don't have much time to read. Doesn't seem that special. They complain the PC industry (in Japan) is running far behind the game industry in general, though, and they hope to improve the situation.

and can I have these scans?? :D

- Tingle
- Wi-Fi Yakuman DS
- Custom Robo
- SF Command review
Tingle

Custom Robo & Yakuman

Star Fox review

Bonus! Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Also, can you speak Korean? I am just wondering why the poster on Ruliweb called psmania always says these scans come from 2ch and not NeoGAF :D

Emotions

Jonnyram said:
I just glanced over it because I don't have much time to read. Doesn't seem that special. They complain the PC industry (in Japan) is running far behind the game industry in general, though, and they hope to improve the situation.

Do they mention Nintendo or something?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I don't understand the point of that tingle game at all but it looks awesome!!!

Top Bottom