• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #922 scans

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kittonwy said:
Gameplay aside the graphics look sweet.

Kittonwy here's more Gundam news from Famitsu via IGN.

Speaking to the magazine, the game's producers commented on what makes the title stand out. Bandai has released what it refers to as "Real Gundam" games before, both for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Both titles put players in the role of Amro Ray in the early Gundam universe. This time, the company is using a realistic setting for the Federation and Zion conflict, allowing players to join up with either side. Also, with this newest title, the team feels the real time visuals are so pretty that they don't need to use CG movies.

"Destruction" is a key word for the new game. Players can destroy background scenery and other combat vehicles. Mobile Suits can be damaged in the head, arms and legs. By destroying an enemy's arms, for instance, you make him incapable of attacking. As far as background scenery is concerned, the game lets you destroy pretty much everything you see, from containers to buildings and cars. This will apparently contribute to the title's strategy; by destroying a bridge, for instance, you can block off a path for tanks and other attack vehicles.

Famitsu lists this first PS3 Gundam game as being 60% complete. A final release date has yet to be announced, but the game is expected in Japan close to the PS3's launch.

Can you say WOW?

WYWY

60% complete. A final release date has yet to be announced, but the game is expected in Japan close to the PS3's launch.
IMPOSSIBLE.
Unless launch is a six-month window.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Monkey Ball Wii looks great! I'm putting my faith that this will finally be the game I've been waiting since SMB2, I trust you Nagoshi!! :D

Who's in the middle of the second page, the one they have the interview with? That man isn't Nagoshi.

neo2046

Jonnyram said:
I just glanced over it because I don't have much time to read. Doesn't seem that special. They complain the PC industry (in Japan) is running far behind the game industry in general, though, and they hope to improve the situation.

-skip-

Also, can you speak Korean? I am just wondering why the poster on Ruliweb called psmania always says these scans come from 2ch and not NeoGAF :D
thanks a lot Jonny !! :D :D

no, I don't know Korean
maybe some people at 2ch watch NeoGAF all the time and they can rehost the scans from here to 2ch very soon
than those posters on Ruliweb think the scans are from 2ch

well, maybe next time we need to add the watermark in the scans
"from NeoGAF" or "not from 2ch" :p

TheTrin said:
So I gather that players will only have access to GMs and Zakus for this game? There don`t seem to be any shots of Gundams themselves.

Weren't there some shots with the RX-79G and the Ez8 being controlled?

I wonder what percentage of people posting about the PS3 Gundam game have actually played a MSG title in the past... they've never been the pinnacle of gaming quality, so don't expect it all of sudden.

wiimonkeyfq3.jpg

I am very looking forward to these Mini-game!
And haha at banana man.:lol

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
The draw distance in the dessert of that Gundam game is pitiful but other than that it looks pretty much the same as earlier footage.

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah but one screenshot is direct feed, while the other is a scan of a magazine screenshoot.

Can't really compare the lighting.
Maybe...but the atmospheric diffuse in the lighting seen in the target render lends a great deal more hyperrealism to the overall scene compared to the shots of the actual game where it is very flat. The lighting looks like it should in an offline render, and the real-time game shots, despite being grainy scans, don't come close.

distantmantra said:
I wonder what percentage of people posting about the PS3 Gundam game have actually played a MSG title in the past... they've never been the pinnacle of gaming quality, so don't expect it all of sudden.
True enough. Still, the first two Saturn Gundam Gaidens and the arcade Capcom game were pretty solid for what they were.

davepoobond said:
Mobile Suit Gundam's models look very nice, but its still in that boring desolate canyon that they had the demo in at E3...
yeah the models look nice...as good as the E3 2005/TGS city models. i dont know why people are haggling about this part of the game when there are obviously other more glaring issues with the game (i.e. controls and hit detection during E3 2006 demo)

Gundam Target in Sight PS3 is from Gundam True Odyssey developers? I AM DISSAPOINTED TOTAL THEN :(

Cyber Formula PS2 is Mai Hime crossover or what?

Tingle game looks so unique that makes it so interesting...despite how Tingle himself looks :)
His dog rocks anyway :D

cancerdam3uj1.jpg

Aren't the bottom 2 shots a comparison between E3 and now, lighting looks a lot better now.

I'm guessing the top shot is the Gundam cartoon or somethihng?

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Gundam Target in Sight PS3 is from Gundam True Odyssey developers? I AM DISSAPOINTED TOTAL THEN :(

BEC actually develops a lot of stuff for Bandai. They did both PS2 Eureka Seven games too.. ugh.

Cyber Formula PS2 is a..... Cyber Formula game. :p

travisbickle said:
cancerdam3uj1.jpg

Aren't the bottom 2 shots a comparison between E3 and now, lighting looks a lot better now.

I'm guessing the top shot is the Gundam cartoon or somethihng?

Top is a "rough sketch", middle is "image board" and bottom is "in game" so no, it's not an E3 comparison. :p

sega should do a special edition banana shaped wiimote :lol

and the bodyguards in tingle look great, I really hope this one gets localised

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
PjotrStroganov said:
Boring desert vs fully destructable city. hmm
Did you even check the scans? There is a city, and it looks pretty destructable to me.

This is one of those games I'd buy for the cut scenes alone, the graphics look pretty spiffy.
And this is bandai. :O
I hope they can get gameplay running alot better than at e3.

Bo130

jesusraz said:
On the Tingle scan it says Wi-Fi, plus it also says 'Vanpool'...is that the developer?

Hm, nice find. I don't know how they'll use online in this game, but it does indeed says Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. What makes it weird, though, is that it didn't mention online at all on the cover of the game yesterday - and it'll release in under a month. This is the first we've heard of it.

May be a mistake by Famitsu - would like to see it online, though :D

jesusraz

Bo130 said:
May be a mistake by Famitsu - would like to see it online, though :D

Famitsu, make a mistake? Never...Apart from when it said a game would be released in 2600, rather than 2006! :lol

Shouta

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

It's a Cyber Formula game. :lol

Cyber Formula's been around since 1991 and has had numerous OAVs (4 OAV series at a total of 27 episodes) to be exact over the years after the TV series ended. The Last two CF OAVs (SAGA and SIN) have the same artist as Mai-Hime, Hisayuki Hirokazu.

Shouta said:
It's a Cyber Formula game. :lol

Cyber Formula's been around since 1991 and has had numerous OAVs (4 OAV series at a total of 27 episodes) to be exact over the years after the TV series ended. The Last two CF OAVs (SAGA and SIN) have the same artist as Mai-Hime, Hisayuki Hirokazu.
Its Toriyama all over again! Seriously, some characters are clones.

NeonZ

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Actually, it's different from Toriyama... He not only has a style which makes his characters look similar... they look similar, because he's basically drawing the same people (even though the series aren't related in any way besides his designs).

Shouta

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Not quite the same as Toriyama. His characters look similar largely because they're meant to look similar as NeonZ points out. I believe he said as much on his website awhile back. You should check out Gear Fighter Dendoh for some of his designs. He was the main character designer for the series and most of them look totally different from what you see in the scan and in Mai-Hime/Otome. His take on some of the CF series main characters is pretty good too.

Edit: Oh yeah, there are some characters/designs that were meant for another series that they he used in one that he worked on. Mai-Hime/Otome has several designs and characters like that.

Top Bottom