• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu confirms playable Segata Sanshiro in Project X Zone 2

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
fGa88Nfh.jpg

k1qjQaYh.jpg

WzNMZ61h.jpg

Guess I'm getting this game then.

source-
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/08/segata-sanshiro-and-more-confirmed-for-project-x-zone-2/

explode me into space if old

Ridley327

Does that mean they'll announce the Western release on launch day?

And here I thought that Sega was all ether'd out at this point.

Great news, though! He better have all the moves from the commercials; papa wants his atomic judo toss.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Damn, my thread is late by a minute :/

With that said, he is in the game (judging by the blurred preview), but he isn't playable - more like a Solo unit.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
LEGIT SHOCKED!
Now the game is coming very near to the must-buy status to me.

quick question: is the story bonded to the first episode? because I don't have the first one, so I'd like to understand if that's an issue.

thefro

Damn, my thread is late by a minute :/

With that said, he is in the game (judging by the blurred preview), but he isn't playable - more like a Solo unit.

Wouldn't he break the game if he was playable? I'm sure he's the most powerful character in the game.

Hasney

I really hope he's 4th wall breaking, knows he's in a game and assumes he's being played on the Sega Game Gear 3D.

Loona

He's finally sharing a game with Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Taisen, like in that commercial, and she's no longer in Ogami's team - this is perfect!

I figure he won't be overpowered due to depression at how the timeline turned out.

Wonder how they'll handle his attack animations. Summons from various Saturn games? Direct references to the commercials? Really looking forward to seeing how he's integrated, amazing that they're adding him lol

Boss Doggie

Wonder how they'll handle his attack animations. Summons from various Saturn games? Direct references to the commercials? Really looking forward to seeing how he's integrated, amazing that they're adding him lol

what if he surprises us and uses martial arts from three fighting games

like he does tile splitter, then the judo throw, and SEICHUSEN GODANZUKI

Zubz

Banned
BD are you sure that's Captain Commando? Could be Rent-A-Hero...

I never realized how similar those 2 looked. I guess it could go either way, but "Obscure Forgotten SEGA Mascot" seems like he'd be revealed with "Obscure Forgotten Capcom Mascot."

SEGA....Byonetta .... Please

I wasn't sold on the last PxZ enough to buy it, but Bayo'd immediately make it an early-purchase for me!

Boss Doggie

btw to those who are in the out:

SP now exists. If it's the same as in SRW, it's Spirit Points for "Spirit Commands" in that game, I assume in PxZ that's the case too where rather than consuming the X bar for using "spells", you now have SP.

You can now buy and sell equipment.

You can now upgrade your attacks.

Turns are now based like SRW - you have enemy and player phases.

BGM has Original and Remix versions.

You have the X mode which freezes the enemy while consuming some of the X bar, but you must time it.

Are the characters on top meant to be new as well? Top left on the right page looks a lot like Bulleta, I think.

fake edit: Ah, I guess they're the new enemy characters.

This game just keeps giving me more and more reasons to be excited. First Hotsuma, now Sanshiro.

Not surprisingly it was the Sega cast in the last game that got me super into the game and their individual franchises. Who'd of thought?

He's finally sharing a game with Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Taisen, like in that commercial, and she's no longer in Ogami's team - this is perfect!
Oh god, I'm just imagining the dialogue they'd have when teamed up. This is really is fantastic.

Zubz

Banned
Are the characters on top meant to be new as well? Top left on the right page looks a lot like Bulleta, I think.

fake edit: Ah, I guess they're the new enemy characters.

Yeah. It seems like she's an enemy character (Which makes sense, seeing how she's a hunter of monsters in her own world and would be in a crossover with outside-context characters), but that definitely looks like her!

Top Bottom