• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 1 Apr 2009 (new Wii/ps2 title announced)

NoitoraJirugajr said:
・Wii Oboro Muramasa 9/9/8/8
- Single player mode 10~12 hours, two players about 30 hours
Can I take that to mean 12 hours each player and 30 hours to beat it with both characters? It better not be 12 hours after the fantastic 30 hour odin sphere.

It's about 5-6 hours with each character to just beat it straight and not get the good ending, get all the weapons, secrets and things like that. You'll also want to beat it with both characters as not only is the story different but you'll encounter what is mostly a completely different set of bosses too.

IGN has the following to say about the Puyo 7 article:
Based off the DS version, which is featured in this week's Famitsu, Puyo Puyo 7 looks a lot like past Puyo Puyo games, with the basic rules in tact. Sega is adding new rules to the game, however, most notably the "Daihenshin" (big transformation) rule where your character can transform to mini or super sized forms. The former brings out tiny Puyo Puyo blocks which allow for greater ease with creating chains. The latter releases giant Puyo Puyo pieces onto the stage. These can be made to disappear by connecting just three together, rather than the standard requirement of four blocks.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
From the scan, looks like a 5/21 release for Takt of Magic?

schuelma

Dascu said:
Another stealth release, another stealth bomba. ;)

At least this means Nintendo still plans to release new games once and a while.

Amir0x said:
9/9/7/7

Famitsu is so fantastic lolol

The game got high scores all around. It averaged over an 82% in game rankings and even higher in most user reviews so famitsu (averaging a 8.5) was extremely accurate for the average consensus for the game.

Space A Cobra said:
It's about 5-6 hours with each character to just beat it straight and not get the good ending, get all the weapons, secrets and things like that. You'll also want to beat it with both characters as not only is the story different but you'll encounter what is mostly a completely different set of bosses too.

I see thanks for the info. Though how do you know this?

"I want to make games that are intuitively fun and haven't been done before; games that make you enjoy owning a DS and glad there's a Wii in your home," he concluded. "From that perspective, I think we need more 'clutch' games like that. We're making Mario and Zelda too, of course, so don't worry."

Miyamoto Interview said:
I want to make games that are intuitively fun and haven't been done before; games that make you enjoy owning a DS and glad there's a Wii in your home," he concluded. "From that perspective, I think we need more 'clutch' games like that. We're making Mario and Zelda too, of course, so don't worry."

The thing is Mr. Miyamoto is that I want something else targeted toward me that isn't Mario or Zelda.

disappeared said:
Did the Evangelion games get better after those weird Sega Saturn releases?

There's a PSP Super Smash Style Brawler that I've heard is very good.

NoitoraJirugajr said:
・Wii Oboro Muramasa 9/9/8/8
- Single player mode 10~12 hours, two players about 30 hours
Can I take that to mean 12 hours each player and 30 hours to beat it with both characters? It better not be 12 hours after the fantastic 30 hour odin sphere.

Shorter games are what's in now. I really don't blame this as more and more older console gamers are coming about. I feel like I'm moving into this crowd, I just don't have the time to play these "epics".

GCX

birdchili said:
do we know anything about this game aside from the few frames in nintendo's trailer medley?
Spiritual successor to Lost Magic (DS) and I quess it's developed by the same studio. Published by Nintendo this time though.

I quess that's pretty much all we know. :/

I really hope the Wii version of Puyo 7 has Wi-Fi as well. IGN says the whole thing's based on the DS version right? Or was that the article itself centred around the DS version?

The Wii version is retail right? It must be as WiiWare wasn't specifically mentioned.

Aside from the Winter release, was there anything else said about it?

schuelma

Takt of Magic details:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/968/968795p1.html

"In Takt of Magic, you take control of Orwell and Sharlot, two childhood friends who, for a reason that's currently unclear, face off on the battle field against monsters and enemy soldiers.

Jump promises an in-depth look at the game's "new style battle system" and "deep story" in its next issue, but this issue provides a couple of hints about the game. You hold the Wiimote like a wand and draw out shapes to perform magic. The game includes over 100 spells. In addition to casting magic, you also control a battle party, whom you direct on the battle field from an overhead perspective.
"

Are Nintendo games usually featured in Jump?

More info on SD Gundam G Generation Wars

Series list:
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Mobile Suit Gundam: After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 STARGAZER
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Gundam Sentinal
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079
Advance of Z
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Steel 7
Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway’s Flash
MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam F90
Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette Formula 91
Gundam Senki
Game Original

ivysaur12

Banned
schuelma said:
Takt of Magic details:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/968/968795p1.html

"In Takt of Magic, you take control of Orwell and Sharlot, two childhood friends who, for a reason that's currently unclear, face off on the battle field against monsters and enemy soldiers.

Jump promises an in-depth look at the game's "new style battle system" and "deep story" in its next issue, but this issue provides a couple of hints about the game. You hold the Wiimote like a wand and draw out shapes to perform magic. The game includes over 100 spells. In addition to casting magic, you also control a battle party, whom you direct on the battle field from an overhead perspective.
"

Are Nintendo games usually featured in Jump?

How often does Jump come out? This has been a game I really have been wanting more info on.

These are old, but I'll repost the Takt of Magic screenshots from October for reference:

takuto-of-magic-screens-20081002091025907.jpg

takuto-of-magic-screens-20081002091036704.jpg

takuto-of-magic-screens-20081002091038126.jpg

batbeg

Please tell me Jump is a weekly mag, I've been dying for concrete info on Takt of Magic for a long time. LostMagic was like my dream Wii game that I knew would never happen, and then... :D

Dascu

batbeg said:
Please tell me Jump is a weekly mag, I've been dying for concrete info on Takt of Magic for a long time. LostMagic was like my dream Wii game that I knew would never happen, and then... :D
Pretty sure it's weekly.

Puyo Puyo 7's website is open, which included what's apparently the new Puyo theme song:

http://puyo.sega.jp/puyopuyo7/

I like it! :D

Can anyone translate all the info on the page?

Edit: And Ringo's site now lets you watch all the teasers and of course links to the new website.

http://sega.jp/project_ringo/

Edit 2: I translated the info beside the Wi-Fi logo with Google Translator:

"Fever PUYOPUYO" "PUYO mysterious" "PUYOPUYO" "PUYO common" rules included!
"PUYOPUYO 7" up to a 2-8 match up to communicate OK.
"Wi-Fi" in the face of it blocking a rival OK.
PUYO first! Account from one "school"
Spiritual master of the chain! Original chain TSUKURERU "practice notes"
The hot勝CHI抜KI "competition thoroughly"

Edit 3:

Here, I edited the new Koei Tecmo logo so that it's transparent friendly:

3409553952_2bf514a336_o.png

Could someone please make it transparent? Perhaps one just transparent on the outside and another that's completely transparent, including the inside?

neo2046

Direct feed pics from famitsu.com

EVANGELION
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223268_1407.html

Queens Blade Spiral Chaos
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223224_1407.html

Puyo 7
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1223228_1407.html

Top Bottom