• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu info on Atlus new fantasy RPG Project Re Fantasy (Studio Zero, Hashino)

mdubs

Banned
- Direct Katsura Hoshino comment: Even though the current hardware it will appear on is unannounced, we are making this for those that like home console games and love Atlus games. It is going to take a fair amount of time to complete, but I will be doing everything I can so please look forward to it.

Bless, this is so encouraging to hear

zeromcd73

The magazine shows three pieces of artwork

- A dragon facing off against several knights with the subtitle: creating new things by building off successful things from the past
- 4 people riding on a horse carrage together with a dog with the subtitle: bonds
- A young red haired elf girl and a young blonde haired boy riding on horses with the subtitle: adventure

Jigorath

Banned
- Direct Katsura Hoshino comment: Even though the current hardware it will appear on is unannounced, we are making this for those that like home console games and love Atlus games. It is going to take a fair amount of time to complete, but I will be doing everything I can so please look forward to it.

So a PS5 game?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

- A dragon facing off against several knights with the subtitle: Creating new things by building off successful things from the past
- 4 people riding on a horse carrage together with a dog with the subtitle: bonds
- A young red haired elf girl and a young blonde haired boy riding on horses with the subtitle: adventure
Why does this sound like Medieval Fantasy FFXV?

Nudull

Banned

dahlNFi.jpg

hughesta

Banned
Is this going to take as long as Persona 5 did to develop?
P5 was announced far too early and had numerous issues with its developement (like their publisher going bankrupt)

This game was announced far too early. He shouldn't take quite as long but I doubt we'll see it again for a while.

Delio

Another Japanese blog that got famitsu early posted with some new info.

- The new studios logo features a young boy holding a tarot card with the number '0' on it

Well that should make people happy since it's for consoles. Hope it turns out well whenever we see it.

duckroll

- A dragon facing off against several knights with the subtitle: creating new things by building off successful things from the past

4 Warriors of Light?!

- The new studios logo features a young boy holding a tarot card with the number '0' on it

What a bunch of fools.

Wasn't part of the P5 delay in waiting for the new engine to be finished?

In any case, this sounds super early. At least they have an engine to work with now, and given how fast they created Catherine, I think they could get something out in 4 years. Assuming they even know what they want to create.

I'm not an expert but I think the first little bit was getting the engine/framework set up, and a lot of the more infamous public delays were due to some legitimate need for polish, porting the game to PS4, and all of the drama from the Index bankruptcy and Sega acquisition. So there was a lot of BTS stuff holding it back. At least, that's what I figured.

I'm not an expert but I think the first little bit was getting the engine/framework set up, and a lot of the more infamous public delays were due to some legitimate need for polish, porting the game to PS4, and all of the drama from the Index bankruptcy and Sega acquisition. So there was a lot of BTS stuff holding it back. At least, that's what I figured.

Yeah, didn't Hashino comment something to the extent that there was a period of time where Persona 5 being canceled was a very real possibility due to the Index troubles?

MrDoctor

so it was all about them recruiting for a new studio? makes me more curious about what their existing teams are working on now with everyone free

spiritfox

so it was all about them recruiting for a new studio? makes me more curious about what their existing teams are working on now with everyone free

All their teams sent out a game this year so I suspect they're all in the early phases for their next games.

#FE came out Dec last year so I except them to be the furthest in, but they could have been helping to push Persona 5 out.

Oh yeah, 4 Heroes of Light was another "back to basics" fantasy RPG that came out a while ago, wasn't it? Was it any good?

It was ok, but it led to the Bravely series which had one of the best turn based battle system in JRPGs.

Forkball

"Large scale recruiting"? Have they even started making this? Please don't announce games before you have an actual screenshot.

Zolo

"Large scale recruiting"? Have they even started making this? Please don't announce games before you have an actual screenshot.

Announcing this is part of the recruiting process. And yes. It's directly stated it'll take some time, so best to put it in the back burner of your mind with Cyberpunk.

Faustek

It doesn't take 9 years to slap together a mobile game.

I can't believe myself but this is something Atlus needs. They don't have a presence in that market and starting a new studio just for it fits the general MO.

As people here love to say: They're leaving money on the table by not having a mobile presence.

Anyway, interested to see if it will appeal to me or not.

Nudull

Banned
It doesn't take 9 years to slap together a mobile game.

I can't believe myself but this is something Atlus needs. They don't have a presence in that market and starting a new studio just for it fits the general MO.

As people here love to say: They're leaving money on the table by not having a mobile presence.

Anyway, interested to see if it will appeal to me or not.

I'm honestly somewhat surprised a Persona/Megaten mobile game hasn't been made yet. XD

MoonFrog

Hmmm...was kind of hoping this was actually around the corner, but that was me being silly.

Glad it is not mobile, but who knows? By the time it comes out I might have broken into mobile gaming and be big on it.

Guess Who

Banned
No surprise this is a long ways off. P5 only came out a few months ago.

It's good that Atlus is hiring for a new console project, at least. Gives a little hope that mid-level Japanese console dev isn't totally dead.

I for one never expected the female elf-knight to be the MC lol.

Let's see...

- Female
- Red hair
- Knight armor
- Elf

None of the above are red-flags on its own, but all of them combined in a single character? Feels more like a supporting character material than main protagonist vibe.

spiritfox

I for one never expected the female elf-knight to be the MC lol.

Let's see...

- Female
- Red hair
- Knight armor
- Elf

None of the above are red-flags on its own, but all of them combined in a single character? Feels more like a supporting character material than main protagonist vibe.

What better way to "challenge the traditonal genre"?

So I guess it will be Persona in fantasy setting ;)

StereoVsn

So they are just gearing up for hiring? What the hell is the point of announcing anything? I mean of course hey won't say what the platform is since by the time this releases somewhere around 2020-2021 who the hell knows any platform that will be successful.

Hell, mobile might become a desirable platform for console gamers (Nvidia Shield 4 or 5 will be out by then). Please be excited.

Top Bottom