• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - July 7 2009

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Grimmy said:
I'm confused - aren't all the Fullmetal Alchemist games releasd by Square Enix? Why's the PSP version by BandaiNamco?
S-E hasn't done any of the handheld titles.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
xfactor said:
scans for the 1st half of 2009 game sales are up..

top selling game
1 Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (647844)
2 Monster Hunter 2nd G PSP The Best (595348)
3 Yakuza 3 (485739)
4 Biohazard 5 (472261)
5 Wii Fit (465838)
6 KH 358/2 Days (462453)
7 Rhythm Tengoku Gold (398069)
8 Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid (383326)
9 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (357271)
10 Wii Sports Resort (353817)

Katamari Tribute, Gundam Senki scans are up too

Mario & Luigi outsold Monster Hunter? How did that happen?

Grimmy

Banned
distantmantra said:
SE released the three action/adventure titles on the PS2, but Bandai released Dream Carnival on the PS2 along with the GBA and DS titles. Not really sure why.

Ah thanks. Thought SE did them all, since they also did the Wii version...

Spiegel

Namco Bandai loves the psp this year: Tales, Tekken, Gundam, tons of anime games, Soul Calibur, .hack, Macross, Monster Hunter clones,...

neo2046

non Famitsu news

Wii『Wii Fit Plus(ソフト單品)』(任天堂)→10月1日/2000円(稅迂)
Wii『Wii Fit Plus(バランスWiiボードセット)』(任天堂)→10月1日/9800円(稅迂)
Wii『FOREVER BLUE 海の呼び聲』(任天堂)→9月17日/5800円(稅迂)
DS『いろづきチンクルの戀のバルーントリップ』(任天堂)→8月6日/4800円(稅迂)

『Wii Fit』のゲーム内容48種類すべて収録されており、さらに新たな
21種類のトレーニングが収録されています。
もちろんセーブデータも引き継ぐことができます。

Wii Wii Fit Plus / Oct 1, 2009 / 2000 Yen
Wii Wii Fit Plus (Balance Board set) / Oct 1, 2009 / 9800 Yen
Wii Forever Blue 2 / Sept 17, 2009 / 5800 Yen
DS Tingle's Love Balloon Trip / Aug 6 / 4800 Yen

There are extra 21 species except the original 48 species
the old save data is compatible with the new game

Vinnk

neo2046 said:
non Famitsu news

Wow, the disc alone is way cheaper than I expected. I was thinking 3500yen or something like that. This will sell like crazy.

psy18 said:

Dunno if this news has reached the GAF hype machine yet but KOFXII is a massive failure in the arcades over here. I never see people playing it, but instead see people crowded around the 98 Ultimate Match machines. That's a sad situation.

neo2046

10月1日イナズマイレブン2 驚異の侵略者
まさかの2バージョン。
9月3日スローンとマクヘールの謎の物語2

Oct 1 Inazuma Eleven 2 (2 versions)
Sep 3 Level 5's whatever puzzle game 2

dyls

:O

I suppose it's too much to think that it will be $19.99 in the US. Probably $29.99. Still, that takes it from a maybe to a definite buy.

Tenbatsu

adversesolutions said:
Dunno if this news has reached the GAF hype machine yet but KOFXII is a massive failure in the arcades over here. I never see people playing it, but instead see people crowded around the 98 Ultimate Match machines. That's a sad situation.
I dunno. I was interested at first but after seeing more videos, the interest just died.

lupinko

adversesolutions said:

Well it's true, as much as I like KOFXII, there's no denying that SNK shipped an incomplete game, the new graphics engine from the looks of it simply took too many resources. Especially considering the low character count (XII has less characters than '94, even with the extra console characters), reduced moveslist (case in point, Clark), and not while it doesn't matter much, but XII has no boss as the game is just a bunch of time trials in single player. Sure that doesn't matter in terms of competitive play, but for fans of KOF who actually like the story/or just like KOF in general, the lack of a boss does hurt it, regardless of how silly that sounds. On my end, I see more play with 98UM or with the arcade release of 2K2UM (which SNK only did for the Chinese market, and Vancouver [:lol :D]), which is really sad given what the effort put into XII was. It needs an immediate expanded revision to even have the slightest chance of being revived in the mindset of players.

Busaiku

dyls said:
:O

I suppose it's too much to think that it will be $19.99 in the US. Probably $29.99. Still, that takes it from a maybe to a definite buy.
Why would you assume that?
NoA usually charges less for games.

KingJ2002

lupinko said:
Well it's true, as much as I like KOFXII, there's no denying that SNK shipped an incomplete game, the new graphics engine from the looks of it simply took too many resources. Especially considering the low character count (XII has less characters than '94, even with the extra console characters), reduced moveslist (case in point, Clark), and not while it doesn't matter much, but XII has no boss as the game is just a bunch of time trials in single player. Sure that doesn't matter in terms of competitive play, but for fans of KOF who actually like the story/or just like KOF in general, the lack of a boss does hurt it, regardless of how silly that sounds. On my end, I see more play with 98UM or with the arcade release of 2K2UM (which SNK only did for the Chinese market, and Vancouver [:lol :D]), which is really sad given what the effort put into XII was. It needs an immediate expanded revision to even have the slightest chance of being revived in the mindset of players.

exactly... for a rebirth game... it's more like a preemie.

dyls

Busaiku said:
Why would you assume that?
NoA usually charges less for games.

I feel like $30 is the cheapest they ever go for retail games. I would love this to be an exception though.

Spiegel said:
Namco Bandai loves the psp this year: Tales, Tekken, Gundam, tons of anime games, Soul Calibur, .hack, Macross, Monster Hunter clones,...

No Gundam PSP titles currently in the works that we're aware of...

duckroll said:
That's because they're releasing another Macross Ace Frontier game this year instead.

Not that it really matters, but we got Gundam Battle Universe in July 2008 and Macross Ace Frontier in October 2008.

Oh, what do I care. Honestly, it's probably for the best to give the Gundam Battle series a break for a year.

Vinnk said:
Wow, the disc alone is way cheaper than I expected. I was thinking 3500yen or something like that. This will sell like crazy.

but Fit Plus + BB is 1000yen more than the original Fit + BB

no S&P2 release yet, i'm sad....

neo2046 said:
non Famitsu news

Wii『Wii Fit Plus(ソフト單品)』(任天堂)→10月1日/2000円(稅迂)
Wii『Wii Fit Plus(バランスWiiボードセット)』(任天堂)→10月1日/9800円(稅迂)
Wii『FOREVER BLUE 海の呼び聲』(任天堂)→9月17日/5800円(稅迂)
DS『いろづきチンクルの戀のバルーントリップ』(任天堂)→8月6日/4800円(稅迂)

『Wii Fit』のゲーム内容48種類すべて収録されており、さらに新たな
21種類のトレーニングが収録されています。
もちろんセーブデータも引き継ぐことができます。

Wii Wii Fit Plus (Balance Board set) / Oct 1, 2009 / 9800 Yen
Wii Forever Blue 2 / Sept 17, 2009 / 5800 Yen
DS Tingle's Love Balloon Trip / Aug 6 / 4800 Yen

There are extra 21 species except the original 48 species
the old save data is compatible with the new game

Holy crap where did you find this? :eek:

$20 for Wii Fit Plus is cheap. Hell I may even buy it when it comes to the US. Forever Blue 2 yay, that won't come until early next year in the US though. Tingle will never be coming here L/

duckroll

distantmantra said:
Not that it really matters, but we got Gundam Battle Universe in July 2008 and Macross Ace Frontier in October 2008.

Oh, what do I care. Honestly, it's probably for the best to give the Gundam Battle series a break for a year.

They're probably resting 2009 so they can push harder in 2010 with more 00 and Unicorn tie-in stuff imo. I'm kinda surprised there isn't an arcade 00 Vs game yet myself.

xfactor

Banned
New scans for FF Gaiden 4 Light Warriors from Weekly Shonen Jump have emerged. There's an interview for that game too...the developers talks about achieving the aim of "recreating the charm of retro RPG with modern technology" with the game

Moor-Angol said:
but Fit Plus + BB is 1000yen more than the original Fit + BB

no S&P2 release yet, i'm sad....

S&P2 is 1st quarter 2010 no? Or is it much earlier in Japan? If so I'll have to buy a Wii earlier than I expected.

Calling (Wii) website and screens:

http://www.hudson.co.jp/calling/

3705989449_e8285302c3_o.png
wii_calling.jpg

3706800896_33143920de_o.png

3705989571_9492af787b_o.png

3705989637_75c37e0649_o.png

3705989675_7eb7bb2579_o.png

3706801128_09d5c1b6a0_o.png

3705989777_b9e4fb9947_o.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Calling the 1st original horror game for the Wii?

Ju-On's based on the movie.

And the Wii's had Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, and Silent Hill. Oh, and Dead Rising, which was a port.

Wii seems to be the console for horror games doesn't it?

Maybe not, as only Calling, Ju-On, and Fatal Frame have been Wii-exclusives. Depends on how you look at it I suppose.

Dascu

Hero of Legend said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Calling the 1st original horror game for the Wii?

Ju-On's based on the movie.

And the Wii's had Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, and Silent Hill. Oh, and Dead Rising, which was a port.

Wii seems to be the console for horror games doesn't it?

Maybe not, as only Calling, Ju-On, and Fatal Frame have been Wii-exclusives. Depends on how you look at it I suppose.
I really wouldn't say this, but I do agree that the horror genre is one of the few areas where the Wii's library isn't severely lacking (together with lightgun shooters and platformers). Most of the Wii's horror games are A) poor quality, B) not really survival horror games or C) not out (outside of Japan) yet.

Oh, and Escape from Bug Island and Cursed Mountain are two other new horror IPs for the Wii.

Dascu said:
I really wouldn't say this, but I do agree that the horror genre is one of the few areas where the Wii's library isn't severely lacking (together with lightgun shooters and platformers). Most of the Wii's horror games are A) poor quality, B) not really survival horror games or C) not out (outside of Japan) yet.

Oh, and Escape from Bug Island and Cursed Mountain are two other new horror IPs for the Wii.

Right, I forgot about Bug Island and Cursed Mountain.

Well, Bug Island's probably best forgotten, and isn't Cursed Mountain for PC as well? ESRB says so.

jesusraz

neo2046 said:
10月1日イナズマイレブン2 驚異の侵略者
まさかの2バージョン。
9月3日スローンとマクヘールの謎の物語2

Oct 1 Inazuma Eleven 2 (2 versions)
Sep 3 Level 5's whatever puzzle game 2
A second Sloane & McHale game already? Wow, between that and the Akira Tago puzzle collections L5's churning out, it seems a bit overkill. But hey, if the fans lap it up...

Shouta

distantmantra said:
No Gundam PSP titles currently in the works that we're aware of...

We did just get a number of Gundam PSP games, GvG and Bonds of the Battlefield recently.

Would be awesome to get GvGN for PSP but I'd rather have it for PS3 with proper online play. Plus, the game is likely easier to play with a stick than a pad because of the ND system.

xfactor

Banned
Dascu said:

If compared to consoles which have little to no survival horror games, wouldn't that make Wii the console for horror genre already?

Aeana said:
It also says there might be a sequel to something announced soon.

Most likely: Luminous Arc 3

Stretch: Arc Rise Fantasia 2

Personally I'd like to see what they can do with Luminous Arc on the Wii.

Funny enough, the 3rd entry to a series by MMV is commonly on the Wii.

Rune Factory Frontier was the 3rd RF game, it was on Wii.

Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is the 3rd VK game not including Battle Stance, as that's a "redoing?" of VK2, ES is on the Wii.

Will Luminous Arc follow? I doubt Arc Rise counts, it just has cameos by LA characters, but it was confirmed to be a seperate IP.

Who knows but MMV and IE really?

Top Bottom