• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu PS3 blowout

Amir0x

Banned
Pretty lame blow-out... in almost every case, it's just old screens. Hot Shots has some new images i think, i haven't seen some anyway. Summer Holiday 20th or whatever that game is has nice lighting, if that's a shot.

Striek

All E3 screens afaik.

GT HD will be a real game. I specifically recall Kaz saying something along the lines of "Gran Turismo will be released on PS3 sooner than people expect" and it sure as **** isn't going to be GT5.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Amir0x said:
Summer Holiday 20th or whatever that game is has nice lighting, if that's a shot.
backgrounds are prerendered (painted) like the other games. no, I don't get it either.

Mmmkay

Hah, what does that Warhawk image say about Jeux France and Ruliweb?

Oh wait they all say it. What are they all saying?!!?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Who the **** cares for GTHD? Drop funding for that POS and use it for GT5 kthx.

What the hell was that last game? I am not speak Japanese will.

Mmmkay said:
Hah, what does that Warhawk image say about Jeux France and Ruliweb?

Oh wait they all say it. What are they all saying?!!?

Hm, 糞サイト

As far as I undestand it says "Jeux France and Ruliweb are sh*t sites"?? :lol

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mmmkay

Someone please translate all the nasty things they're saying about GT:HD and that it's totally not being made into a game. PLEASE. :(

After what Kaz reportedly said about its origins, I find it hard to believe they're working on this over GT5!
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31385
Basically Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital had no plan to show any Gran Turismo materials at E3 2006. The notice that they wouldn't show anything was already circulated to all related divisions within Sony, or so PD had thought.

But 3 weeks before E3, he got the news that Ken Kutaragi, alone without henchmen, would visit him in his PD office. Yamauchi got depressed since he knew when Kutaragi visits PD alone it's always of bad omen. As soon as Kutaragi arrived PD, he told Yamauchi, "Can you exhibit GT at E3? No, just bring it to E3 already!"

Yamauchi sighed, but it's not that he had no plan at all. Fortunately GT4 has hi-res car model data, which are a bit over-spec for PS2, for the photo mode that renders a car in 2x2 resolution. So using them in HD, it's possible to make a playable demo in 3 weeks, he thought.

Yamauchi said yes to Kutaragi and the PD crew began to make GT:HD for E3 which was looming 3 weeks later.

I really like to believe GTHD is as much a game as GT2000 was, in that it was just the tech demo for PS2 that did the same thing, used pretty much the same assets as GT2 but spruced up here and there, and eventually PD turned themselves into producing a full fledged PS2 level GT3.

artist

Banned
jett said:
Can't believe Polyphony is wasting their time with that garbage.

p.s. worst blowout ever.
It'll just hurt Polyphony's image/record just to fill Sony's hole. Drop it if you can PLEASE!

It would be awefully nice of Sony if "GT:HD" was packed into every PS3 for free. But yeah, I guess selling it for $20-$30 may also be the case. As long as it's a heft upgrade.

Also, can anybody translate and tell the rest of us if there is any juicy info to learn about?

what it basically means is that PD has had it with GT games and they basically don't want to make a GT5. This would coincide with the news of various PD employees leaving their jobs and joining Microsoft Japan.

GT5 = upgraded GT4 engine with 20 cars on screen and running at 1080P

WYWY

My Summer Vacation 3? Suprised that they'll work on a niche game so early in the console's life.

But I suppose variety is always good.

SolidSnakex said:
Because Polyphony won't show the real GT at this poin? This is just the same stuff that was at E3.

sounds like damage control bs to me. Why don't they show GT5? They were pimping those next gen car models pretty hard at TGS 2005. Looks like something is horribly wrong at Polyphony Digital

I mean since E3 2005 this is what they have accomplished:

E3 2005 - GT4 engine at high res
TGS 2005 - GT4 engine with two new car models and a bunch of 3d car pit crew
E3 2006 - Next gen elements disappears and GT 4 Hd reappears
E3 2004 - 2006 - GT Mobile completely drops off the radar

Did their systems crash or something?? Maybe they lost all the next gen data

Mmmkay

Doom_Bringer said:
sounds like damage control bs to me. Why don't they show GT5? They were pimping those next gen car models pretty hard at TGS 2005. Looks like something is horribly wrong at Polyphony Digital
Pimping cars != Playable cars.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
what it basically means is that PD has had it with GT games and they basically don't want to make a GT5. This would coincide with the news of various PD employees leaving their jobs and joining Microsoft Japan.

Come on. Is this true?

OatmealMu

Maybe the data gathered in the GT4 Online beta test really is intended for GTHD. IIRC, there were some PS3-related questions on the survey.

Doom_Bringer said:
sounds like damage control bs to me. Why don't they show GT5?

TGS is Sony's next big planned showcasing of their games. There's zero point for them to unveil the game right now when we're still over a little under a month away from TGS at this point. You're completely overreacting to something Kaz shotdown right at E3. He pointed out that this is not a game but the real GT will be out sooner than alot of people think.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
TGS is Sony's next big planned showcasing of their games. There's zero point for them to unveil the game right now when we're still over a little under a month away from TGS at this point. You're completely overreacting to something Kaz shotdown right at E3.

Solidsnakex, why is GTHD gonna be playable at TGS yet again? Are they planning on showing GT5? Doesn't seem like it.

It seems, at this point, it's definitely a real game.

SolidSnakex said:
TGS is Sony's next big planned showcasing of their games. There's zero point for them to unveil the game right now when we're still over a little under a month away from TGS at this point. You're completely overreacting to something Kaz shotdown right at E3.

According to Sony a GT title is going to be playable at TGS. I am betting right now that its GT HD aka GT5. The real next gen GT seems to have suffered a horrible delay and I doubt the game will be released before 2008

mckmas8808 said:
Come on. Is this true?

First I thought it was a joke. Jarrod and I had a huge argument about it a couple of months ago but now I think its very serious.

Amir0x said:
Solidsnakex, why is GTHD gonna be playable at TGS yet again? Are they planning on showing GT5? Doesn't seem like it.

It seems, at this point, it's definitely a real game.

Who said it was? Sony lists "Gran Turismo series" on their official site as the game that'll be at TGS, not GTHD. If it was GTHD why not just list that since we already know about it?

SolidSnakex said:
Who said it was? Sony lists "Gran Turismo series" on their official site as the game that'll be at TGS, not GTHD. If it was GTHD why not just list that since we already know about it?
on the contrary why call it Gran Turismo series and not Gran Turismo next gen or GT5?? I mean if they got nothing to hide the list the damn name! Hype it up!! Right right?

mrwilt

The two images of Resistance showing the city streets are so small, I can't tell if they're artwork or not. Whichever, they look awesome.

Top Bottom