• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu PS3 blowout

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
Who said it was? Sony lists "Gran Turismo series" on their official site as the game that'll be at TGS, not GTHD. If it was GTHD why not just list that since we already know about it?

Don't keep the faith alive.

I think Gran Turismo HD will probably be a launch title for the PS3. They're a little soft at launch and I think they know it.

Would be nice if it was a free pack-in, but Sony probably won't go that far (free Blu-Ray movie would be decent though).

The demo at E3 was underwhelming for the most part, but the end bit with the canyon track actually looked quite stunning.

Mmmkay

Amir0x said:
Solidsnakex, why is GTHD gonna be playable at TGS yet again? Are they planning on showing GT5? Doesn't seem like it.

It seems, at this point, it's definitely a real game.
This is a real "BELIEVE" moment right here, but are we sure they're going to show off GT:HD? I mean the site says Gran Turismo Series when Gran Turismo HD surely should have sufficed? I mean Jonnyram said "Famitsu has it listed this week" and if this is what he meant, well I'm not convinced. This looks like it's just an E3 1st party retrospective.

[fake edit]I took the time to do my homework and everybody beats me :(

jett said:
Don't keep the faith alive.

There's no reason not to. GTHD was thrown together shortly before E3 because Kutaragi wanted Kaz to show something and they weren't prepared to show the next GT game yet. So since they had those high end models from GT4 (photomode models) they tossed them in the game and jacked up the resolution.

Kittonwy

Banned
mrwilt said:
The two images of Resistance showing the city streets are so small, I can't tell if they're artwork or not. Whichever, they look awesome.

That's pretty much the only revelation for me from the scans.

Yeah GT HD looks like a huge waste of time.
It better have online play at least...if it doesn't I can't imagine PD getting any good press for having nothing more than an HD enhanced port.

Kind of hoping Doom is right about the issues PD is having with holding onto employees. Not so much the joining Microsoft but the prospect that they might be looking towards developing new games.

Not the biggest fan of the GT series(Though I put in 50% completion in GT3 an 25% into GT4) but PD is obviously talented and seeing their effort put into a different genre sounds really cool.

SolidSnakex said:
There's no reason not to. GTHD was thrown together shortly before E3 .

oh rly? Hey guys what was the name of that car game sony showed at E3 2005?? You know the one that was on ps2 but was upgrded for PS3?? The name escapes my mind at the moment

Doom_Bringer said:
sounds like damage control bs to me. Why don't they show GT5? They were pimping those next gen car models pretty hard at TGS 2005. Looks like something is horribly wrong at Polyphony Digital

I mean since E3 2005 this is what they have accomplished:

E3 2005 - GT4 engine at high res
TGS 2005 - GT4 engine with two new car models and a bunch of 3d car pit crew
E3 2006 - Next gen elements disappears and GT 4 Hd reappears
E3 2004 - 2006 - GT Mobile completely drops off the radar

Did their systems crash or something?? Maybe they lost all the next gen data

You missed GT4 online mode completely dropping off the radar too. Maybe that's what'll be playable at tgs??

Wollan

GTHD won't be released. Atleast not as a boxed game.
A cheap download or pack in(hdd) at best(worst imho, I'll wait for GT5 thank you).

Doom_Bringer said:
According to Sony a GT title is going to be playable at TGS. I am betting right now that its GT HD aka GT5. The real next gen GT seems to have suffered a horrible delay and I doubt the game will be released before 2008

And you know this...how??

Doom_Bringer said:
oh rly? Hey guys what was the name of that car game sony showed at E3 2005?? You know the one that was on ps2 but was upgrded for PS3?? The name escapes my mind at the moment

Yes really

n the Famitsu's column Kazunori Yamauchi said he actually didn't want to show nothing about upcoming GT on E3 2006. That was also communicated to all important Sony departments.

However, three weeks before the E3 Yamauchi received the message that Ken Kutaragi from Sony wants to visit Polyphony Digital. Yamauchi was oppressed, because he knew that it could be a bad indication of Sony's intetntions about GT showing. When Kutaragi arrived, he asked Yamauchi: “Can you show Gran Turismo to the E3? Show it simply to the E3!”

Yamauchi sighed, but had a plan: From Gran Turismo 4 he possessed Hi-Res data from vehicle models, which - thus could not be used in the PS2 play - were used in the photo mode. He decided to use that models for making a demo in only three weeks. So Yamauchi assured Kutaragi that to Polyphony digital will develop a GT demo in only 3 weeks for the E3.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82304&highlight=kutaragi

I guess the only saving grace for this game(with this board at least) is if the game is packed in for free. Then we can all look forward to the real GT in 2008 or whenever. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that too much. It'd be nice to have a free game and GT5 isn't coming anytime soon anyways.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Onix said:
1080p GT remake of part 4 with full online will be released for PS3 in 2007.

Damn it stop with the bad news. Sony why are you doing this?

I thought Sony was working on both GT HD and GT5?

Either way those Resistance Fall of Man city shots look awesome.

IMO this will be a must buy for the PS3 launch. Killer app.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Onix said:
??

Why is that bad news?

I think it would be nice to have while waiting for part 5?

It's horrible news. Horrible!! Forza 2 is coming out this holiday season and PGR3 came out last year. You telling me Sony can't get a sim racing game out until mid to late 2008. We'd have PGR4 and Forza 3 by then.

Wollan

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourself. They're showing the GTHD demo again to make awareness and had it been up to the director(and not Ken) it wouldn't have shown. GTHD will never be released as a full boxed game.

If I was a smuck I would bet a ban or a game copy on it but no.

RuGalz

Meh what's with all the negative response to GTHD... I honestly wouldn't mind if it's a real game with online mode added, especially if it's at reduced price. Afterall, GT4 online beta was pretty fun for the races I was able to try...

Zaptruder

Banned
:lol @ all the graphic whores and doom and gloom jerks and FUD bitches.

As a real GT fan, I actually wouldn't mind seeing this come out, if only to tide us over till GT5 is inevitably released; GT4+ assets in super hi-res with online play would be pretty neat.

As long as they're not charging fullprice for it.

ypo said:
You guys are supposed to be super impressed by GTHD. What happened? : (

I'm not really impressed by it graphically, but throw in an online mode and i'll still buy it. I just don't think its a game given what Kaz has said about.

Now this is impressive

vgt50nu.jpg

vgt61fc.jpg

vgt76yn.jpg

vgt81gt.jpg

Surreal

soundwave05 said:
I think Gran Turismo HD will probably be a launch title for the PS3. They're a little soft at launch and I think they know it.

Would be nice if it was a free pack-in, but Sony probably won't go that far (free Blu-Ray movie would be decent though).

The demo at E3 was underwhelming for the most part, but the end bit with the canyon track actually looked quite stunning.

I think free pack in could work. They have all the assets done, what are they doing now? Think about it, what's there to work on with GTHD, it's just GT4 highres(except maybe online?).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It was perfectly clear at E3 that GT:HD was not the next GT. Of course, things can change. The magazine itself might indicate if they have - could someone translate what the article says?

...damn

guess this is the first GT im not going to buy.

atleast i've still got forza :)

also Resistance is really starting to look great

Matix

solarplexus said:
No, scans are from Weekly Famitsu. Famitsu PS2 is another mag.

Figured, so is the new issue of Famitsu-PS2 still coming out this week (or will it be delayed because of last weeks Japanese Holiday) ?!

Endymion

While HSG is huge in Japan, this is almost a useless blowout for me. Also, I don't know what Sony are thinking with GT HD. It looks like they lost their minds completely. Lots of exciting stuff happening to 360, while Sony misses train after train to keep people excited about their imminent purchase. I swear, if TGS disappoints me I will cancel my preorder. Sorry for the rant, this thing may surely be the next Playstation, but I find the lack of media (and the self confidence behind that) insulting for the fans willing to spend the money required to get it. I hang to the hope that they are just working hard to surprise us all at TGS, but things like GT HD shatter my world completely. Win TGS or it's 2007 for me, Sony.

RaijinFY

The state of home console in Japan is really depressing at the moment... One has to wonder if Wii and PS3 will change this but I have my doubts.

EDIT: and indeed what a lame blowout.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
soundwave05 said:

more likely a trailers disc. Then they can use single layer with high bitrate MPEG2 to make things look fantastic, while masking the fact that they can't sustain that quality over the length of a full movie (yet)

Top Bottom