• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Readers pick Demon's Souls as the best PlayStation 3 game ever

poodaddy

It's a good list apart from FFXIII. Can't really argue with it. Does this increase the chances of a Demons Souls PS4 port at all?
Just lie to me and say yes please, I really need to believe it's happening.

tesqui

Dark Souls should be top. Demon's souls is great, but Dark Souls took it to another level. I prefer the inter-connectivity over a hub.

#4 Final Fantasy XIII
Shame-Bell-Lady-From-Game-Thrones.gif

ubiblu

Y'all FFXIII haters are so nasty. If we are talking corridor simulators, I loved the game infinitely more than FFX.

A top ten for me would look something like:

1. Afrika
2. Beyond: Two Souls
3. Heavy Rain
4. Tokyo Jungle
5. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
6. Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction
7. Aquanaut's Holiday
8. Rain
9. Valkyria Chronicles
10. Uncharted 1

my top 10 is:
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. God of War 3
  4. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
  5. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
  6. Red Dead Redemption
  7. Mass Effect 2
  8. Heavy Rain
  9. Beyond two Souls
  10. Grand Theft Auto V

Alej

Banned
I don't get the hate for FFXIII.
It's a bad Final Fantasy for sure, you know it lacks what you expect from FF, but it's a very good game overall.

FFXIII should be below Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles but I'm okay with where it's at even if I don't care for the game or lightning.

Fisty

Nier, strikes again.

6 years on still proving how out-of-touch the critics were.

Let's not get too crazy, Nier is a pretty terrible game so I don't think those guys were too far off the mark

Yeah I guess it has one of the best lore and plot set-ups in all of gaming, and seeing how fully that world-vision is executed is just remarkable, but it had some D-tier combat, the performance of a chain smoker in a marathon, and IQ like a buzzsaw. Not to mention those stupid localization changes from Square... what the fuck were they thinking... why does this old withered man talk like a 16 year old

Fisty

Sad to see that even Japan seemed to forget about 3D Dot Game Heroes. I'd put it in the top 20 easily, I could probably argue it into the top 10

Deservedly so.

In my humble opinion, no Souls game released after Demon's Souls (including Bloodborne) matched Demon's Souls' characters and atmosphere.

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended
So the world might be mended

bFUYg7T.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't a member on GAF at the time but I still remember that thread on GAF about Demon Souls when it just came out in Japan/Asia. Being laughed at at first and then slowly as more was shown people getting hooked on the streams with people playing it :p I don't think anything will ever beat that experience for me of importing the Asian English version, with absolutely nothing to guide me (there were no wikis etc at the time) and just slowly discovering everything myself. Absolute fuckin gem and it would be up there as one of my favourite PS3 games/games full stop.

I wasn't a member on GAF at the time but I still remember that thread on GAF about Demon Souls when it just came out in Japan/Asia. Being laughed at at first and then slowly as more was shown people getting hooked on the streams with people playing it :p I don't think anything will ever beat that experience for me of importing the Asian English version, with absolutely nothing to guide me (there were no wikis etc at the time) and just slowly discovering everything myself. Absolute fuckin gem and it would be up there as one of my favourite PS3 games/games full stop.

I remember going to the only gamestop that had it. I went after getting suitably excited by the reveal trailer and neogaf hype. Turns out guy infront of me got it, and it was the only one they had! The gamestop dude went in and got another for me.

Top Bottom