Famitsu reviews this week

#1
Xenosaga Ep3 9/9/8/7 (33/40)
Tekken DR 8/8/7/8 (31/40)
Rockman ZX 8/8/7/8 (31/40)

Brave Story PSP 8/8/8/9 (33/40)
Brave Story PS2 6/7/6/6 (25/40)
Brave Story DS 6/6/5/7 (24/40

Ultimate Spiderman 8/7/7/7 (29/40)
Scarlet Piece 6/5/5/5 (21/40)
Hana Ki Sou 6/7/6/5 (24/40)
Milon's Secret Castle Puzzle 6/6/6/7 (25/40)

Cars PS2 7/6/6/5 (24/40)
Cars GC 7/6/6/5 (24/40)
Cars GBA 4/5/5/6 (20/40)
Cars DS 5/5/5/6 (21/40)
Cars PSP 7/6/7/7 (27/40)
 
#2
Wow, high score for Brave Story PSP.
I've been kinda curious how the game is.

I'm gonna go D/L the demo from one of those PlayStation Spot kiosks.
 
#5
Troidal said:
Wow, high score for Brave Story PSP.
I've been kinda curious how the game is.

I'm gonna go D/L the demo from one of those PlayStation Spot kiosks.
Dengeki slammed the game with 70s and the demo is just some mini-game, not the actual Brave Story game.

Sounds more like Famitsu moneyhats than anything to me.
 
#6
Bebpo said:
Dengeki slammed the game with 70s and the demo is just some mini-game, not the actual Brave Story game.

Sounds more like Famitsu moneyhats than anything to me.
Mini-games??? Screw dat :-/

Dengeki > Famitsu
 
#7
I think I should explain. Dengeki's numberical score wasn't that hot for Brave Story PSP, but they did give an "A" in overall ranking. They said it was a good game if you enjoy normal RPGs, but you can't skip cutscenes and there's no map in dungeons and you can get lost. High encounter rate too. It basically a pretty portable-unfriendly RPG, with great graphics and production values.
 
#10
The Mighty Schwein said:
I'm also wondering how the Zero games scored for comparison with ZX

Rockman Zero - 5/7/7/7 (26/40)
Rockman Zero 2 - 8/8/6/9 (31/40)
Rockman Zero 3 - 8/7/7/6 (28/40)
Rockman Zero 4 – 8/7/8/8 (31/40)
 

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
#27
I loved the XS story, but god, XS2 was sooo bad. I`m curious if XS3 actually rectifies anything.

Also, wtf is with those RMZX scores? Too hard for Famitsu? :p
 
#28
TheTrin said:
I loved the XS story, but god, XS2 was sooo bad. I`m curious if XS3 actually rectifies anything.

Also, wtf is with those RMZX scores? Too hard for Famitsu? :p
GBA's Zero were also low, so I think so.
 

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
#29
Hmmm...so the ZX score is in line with the rest of the series. No worries there.

XSIII did OK, but I'm not yet sure if I will bother with that one or not.

Do you have any of the actual texts handy (original text), ducky?
 

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
#31
7Th said:
GBA's Zero were also low, so I think so.
I found RMZ painfully hard, but still fun. I wouldn`t mind a little less crazy difficulty in RMZX. I don`t mean easy, I just mean a little toning down.

Keep in mind, I played and beat most of the RMX games before X5, so I know RM difficulty as well as any other fan.
 
#32
Famitsu X360 reviews for this month, hope they're correct (source: 2ch)

Cromehounds 9/8/7/8
Senko no Ronde Rev.X 8/9/6/7 *6 points guy what the f*
TXR X 8/7/7/7
Major League Baseball 2K6 6/7/7/8
Zegapain XOR 8/6/6/7
Aqua Zone 5/7/7/5

Bullet Witch cover, no new games, Project Sylph gets 6 pages treatment, that Diario Rebirth Moon Legend game from Idea Factory looks to be new version of Rebirth Moon (PS2), Dead Rising jp released date 09/28 Z rated
 

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
#33
Has anyone seen the JP Bullet Witch CM on tv yet? It`s actually decent. Makes me wonder how a game like that has a decent CM, and VP2 got the fugly larping session.
 

Blimblim

The Inside Track
#35
bloke said:
Famitsu X360 reviews for this month, hope they're correct (source: 2ch)

Cromehounds 9/8/7/8
Senko no Ronde Rev.X 8/9/6/7 *6 points guy what the f*
TXR X 8/7/7/7
Major League Baseball 2K6 6/7/7/8
Zegapain XOR 8/6/6/7
Aqua Zone 5/7/7/5

Bullet Witch cover, no new games, Project Sylph gets 6 pages treatment, that Diario Rebirth Moon Legend game from Idea Factory looks to be new version of Rebirth Moon (PS2), Dead Rising jp released date 09/28 Z rated
So basically none of these games are *really* good. I'll still import Senko no Ronde, but TXR I don't think so.
I'll nag my friend for the scans :)
 
#36
TheTrin said:
I found RMZ painfully hard, but still fun. I wouldn`t mind a little less crazy difficulty in RMZX. I don`t mean easy, I just mean a little toning down.
Same. I don't have the kind of hours to pump into a game anymore like I used to. I think the "regular" mega man games have gotten too convoluted with extra bullshit anyways. The last really good Mega Man was X3. I own Zero 3 and Zero 4, Zero 3 I finished....but part 4 - **** that shit. All the little elfs and collecting this and that. I had enough of it with the 3rd. Just gimme my ****in armor and I'll be on my way, thanks.
 
#43
Wait, isn't 9.9.8.7 pretty good for Xenosaga Episode III? Isn't that somewhere around the same score as VP2?

edit: anyone know what ep 1 and ep 2's scores were?
 
#45
ROCKMAN ZX GOT A 31/40!?!?! THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!!! I DEMAND A 33/40 BEFORE I CAN BE COMFORTABLE WITH MY SALE DESPITE IT GETTING THE SAME SCORES AS ITS PREDECESSORS WHICH I LOVED!!!!!
 
#48
Matix said:
Slim chance, but please bring this game to the States.
It's not THAT slim a chance, actually. The Brave Story movie has international distribution secured through Warner Bros, and it's a generic enough story that it should sell to Western audiences; WB would be mad not to cash in on it as much as possible. The DS game might not make it (it's an adventure game, after all) but the PSP and crappy PS2 versions could do.